Serious Lag.....

FasTnNefariouS

Question

Only with this website :( Am I being hacked or messed with? :dodgy: Been two days now. I'd even leave to take a crap and the page still won't load when I get back. When I do finally get through, then it takes another forever to fully open a page :huh: Just me or anyone else experiencing this? I've got roadrunner and not free dial up so why the lag? Cleaned PC and all and still experiencing this, so I hope someone has an answer to this frustrating problem, but if no answer for me, then gots to say Aloha! Much mahaloz for the good times!

DJ

11 answers to this question

Hey DJ.. I have no problems at all conecting to the forum in any computer so i think the best you can do is to contact Barry direclty (Rocketfoot)... He´s the guy who runs everything in here ;)

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-sportsroof]Visit My Garage[/button]

Damián :cool:

[align=center]120x45bk1ani.gif

Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Every Day![/align]

Hey DJ.. I have no problems at all conecting to the forum in any computer so i think the best you can do is to contact Barry direclty (Rocketfoot)... He´s the guy who runs everything in here ;)

I'm not seeing any issues with the server at all. Everything is all green lights! It is lightning fast on my home pc, work pc laptop and smart phone.

Anyone else having issues?

Thanks guys! I figured it was just me, since I've been experiencing this for the past couple of days now and no one else complained. I'm constantly slamming on the refresh button and it's not cool, so gonna take a break for now and either do a complete clean on the ole pc and see if that works. If not, then I'll be back soon! Have fun and play nice while I'm gone. I'm not a computer guy so just curious why just this site while any other is normal fast?

Aloha,

DJ

Dj why dont you try downloading another web browser?... Maybe it is just a borwser problem... I find myself much more comfortable using Firefox than Internet Explorer for instance...

We can guide you to try this and maybe you can solve this issue withing minutes...

Follow this link for start.. http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all.html

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-sportsroof]Visit My Garage[/button]

Damián :cool:

[align=center]120x45bk1ani.gif

Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Every Day![/align]

Dj why dont you try downloading another web browser?... Maybe it is just a borwser problem... I find myself much more comfortable using Firefox than Internet Explorer for instance...

We can guide you to try this and maybe you can solve this issue withing minutes...

This is true...IE is super slow on every page for me. Firefox and Chrome are much faster!

spacer.png

This is true...IE is super slow on every page for me. Firefox and Chrome are much faster!

IE works fine for me here at work:huh:

Only with this website :( Am I being hacked or messed with? :dodgy: Been two days now. I'd even leave to take a crap and the page still won't load when I get back. When I do finally get through, then it takes another forever to fully open a page :huh: Just me or anyone else experiencing this? I've got roadrunner and not free dial up so why the lag? Cleaned PC and all and still experiencing this, so I hope someone has an answer to this frustrating problem, but if no answer for me, then gots to say Aloha! Much mahaloz for the good times!

DJ

Check with your provider. I had a similar problem a couple weeks ago and it was a problem with Earthlink which was quickly resolved. Something about a software glitch at the CO. I jumped through the same hoops you did and nothing wrong with the computer, router or modem.

mike

spacer.png

Yup...I agree with goodnigh check with your provider....I know freinds who been on cable connections and get crap for over a week or 2..then figure out it was just the company and not them..lol

Btw..What kinda scans you runing? And do you got the tool bars dissabled on your browser? If its not the company...I seen some spywear really pull a connection down...And windows defender is crap...It wont find them...You need to download something like ad aware.. you can download and use it for free if you dont allready have it from here.... http://www.lavasoft.com/products/ad_aware_free.php its not a hog at all..And doesnt take up any room...its easy to use too.

Thanks guys! I installed adaware and it did find something called "myway" and removed it. Pc ran smoother and for a few minutes I got no lag here, but then the lag started up again :( Not as bad as before though, so I'll learn to deal with it, thanks again!

DJ

atleast it found something..hehe...and sounds like myway is not a very good program...what i found on it.

Myway searchbar aka MywebSearch is an adware trojan horse and search toolbar that allows the user to search popular search engines. It is a part of funweb products and some versions of kazza. It is packed with funweb products such as Smiley Central, Cursor Mania, and Popular Screensavers.

Myway spyware attaches to the browser helping objects (BHO) and system executable files like winlogon.exe to load automatically. It uses stealth techniques to avoid detection and removal. It monitors the user's browsing habits and sends to the MyWay server. The relevant ads are displayed according to user habits.

It is also known as MyWay Searchbar, MyWay Speedbar, MyWay Search Assistant, or MyWeb Searchbar.

So thats a good thing..if found it...pretty much a virus..with some company backing....you got AVG anti virus? its free to...i run them instead of windows scans.

Get Malwarebytes and run it a few times...that should clean out al the computer cooties in your system!

http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=contentMain;contentBody;1d

If you still have problems, start in safe mode and run Malwarebytes! It works!

spacer.png