Mach1Club.Com Website Down

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OLE PONY

Staff member
7173 Mustang Supporter Member
Reaction score
My Car
73 Mustang Conv.
01 Mustang Bullitt (my son owns now)
04 Oxford White Mach 1
04 Azure Blue Mach 1 (sold)
I know some members here are also members at the Mach1club.com site so I thought I would pass on info about the site.

I have not been able to log-in since Thursday so I emailed Joe the site owner to determine if the problem was on my end or a problem with the site. He provided the following response:

"My hosting company has lost a couple of their servers, I have no control over it at this point. They are working around the clock to resolve the issue with redundant raid hard drives that have crashed. If you don't know what that is, its serious and all Mach1Club data is at risk along with about 25000 hosted accounts with this domain provider.

I have no ETA when things will be resolved, but it definitely is not your end. Sorry for any inconvenience.

Joe
"

Hopefully the site will be up again soon!

Thanks Barry for OK'ing this post.

I hope everything gets okay on the following days! By the way, thanks for the information!

I noticed that I havent been able to log on all weekend. Now i know why. Hope they are able to get it up and running again. It would be a shame to lose all that great info.

It must be serious; it's been down since Thursday. By the way, I'm Rare Pony on that site!

DSCF0791.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the information.

It has been trouble with the Mustang Club Forum website here in Norway also, the site crashed, but it is up and running now. Other forums have also had some trouble the last few days , maybe they have the same problem in common. Virus?

TK

Still down for me...

Hopefully they come back safe and sound!

Down for me too thats what brought me here I was having withdraws from lack of mustang talk. I got the same email from Joe too.

Rare Pony, thank you for the information. I too was wondering if it was just me or not. I do hope everything can be restored. As with this site, there was also a ton of good information there.

I should know something later today. My provider lost 5 redundant raid hard drives. There is absolutely ZERO I can do about it. Barry, be sure you keep a backup of your site on your own personal computer! Better yet make a back up every few days onto CD. I assumed making a back up weekly on my server that the backup was being kept on a separate drive, and it was, but that raid drive also took a dump. My provider is paying a separate company a lot of money to try to recover the information off the drives, Ive been told we should know something today. It is very possible Mach1Club could be gone. I'm sure this will thrill some and disappoint others. I'm not sure Ive got it in me to try to recreate 3 years worth of information.

I don't have any definite answers at this point. 7173Mustangs fills the void for some Mach1 owners but it leaves a lot out. Ill keep you updated as I find out more info. Thanks Rare Pony for posting this here. Ive received some phone calls and some emails from members but many probably have no clue whats going on.

Good luck Joe! I hope everything works out! Who is your host?

We have a dedicated server here now and redundant backups daily on several remote servers. I also do keep periodic backups of the forum theme and database on my cloud server storage just in case.

Good luck Joe! I hope everything works out! Who is your host?

We have a dedicated server here now and redundant backups daily on several remote servers. I also do keep periodic backups of the forum theme and database on my cloud server storage just in case.
:udaman:

Barry unless you have access to the computer you can touch, feel and smell there is truly no such thing as a dedicated server, usually if you have one of those, the cost is extreme. We also were a dedicated server hosted with redundant raid drives. The problem is if the redundant drive crashes that has the backup on it your SOL. Honestly back all of your stuff up at least weekly and add it to a CD drive that you can update. Our company was A2 and we are on the dedicate hosting plan. In 15 years of doing this web crap Ive never heard of this happening.

Be prepared for the stuff you cant consider.

We are potentially going to recover everything lost until the day this happened. We will see.

Also cloud servers are a joke, way to new tech really. Be smart, back your stuff up right this second. Someday hopefully you wont have to thank me.

This came out of the blue, and affected some million dollar websites.

Back