What did you do to your car today?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
73 Convertible
On another website I frequent this is by far the most popular thread there. I thought I would try it here.

Now guys we're not talking the daily driver or momma's car. Let's keep this specifically devoted to posts on our 71-73 Mustangs. Like usual no flaming, constructive opinions and commments please.

I'll get it started... Today NOTHING, Yesterday I drove it to work and cleaned up the charcoal cannister for repaint and reinstall. I took it off earlier this summer and have terrible fuel smells coming from the car. OOPS :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Stared at it wondering where when my back orders are coming in, then left for work.

I looked at a few photos of them this morning and then nothing! Stuck at work...no Mustang action until the weekend!

Well, I did not really work ON the car but I am still cataloging stuff in the garage.

Found some black "kick panels" that I had forgotten I had and some chrome pieces that I had to research to find out what they came off of (LOL).

They are for '71 - '73 Mustangs, so I am labeling them and adding to the "Keep" storage bins. Also found some '73 tail light assemblies!

Good day all around.

BT

:( cobra off the car I'm doing that also. I've been throwing out so much stuff i hung on to.

over the weekend i must of thrown out about 500 pounds of old broken parts and i still have more to go.

I'm trying to widdle down my junk footprint as much as possible.

I feel like a hoarder that is finally digging out. i hate the fact i have a ton of spray paint i do not want anymore.

Still working on getting my March serpentine system to line up correctly. Did manage to get my valve covers drilled for oil cap, etc. New plugs, serpentine belt, water neck, and dip stick bought. Maybe Thursday night will be a little more productive.

cleaned up the 72 then put it on a trailer. back to the speed shop to fix that back firing cylinder and all the electrical gremlins that where starting to make me lose my hair.{And for those of you who saw a picture of me in faces to screen names.You know I don't want that to happen hahahaha:cool:}

Fired up my fastback and let it run for 20 minutes. Still has last years gas in it. I put a ton of new parts on it 2 years ago and said the next time I drive it it will be to the bodyshop. Well I haven't made it yet.:(

Regrettably, I haven't done anything to my Mach 1 since sometime in late August when I pulled the engine and tranny out. I've been getting my '80 CJ-7 ready for this weekend's car show, and once that's done, I'll be diving into the Rustang's front-end rehab while the engine's at the machine shop.

Sunday I completed replacement on the front pass fender I had removed for battery apron installation. Found two of my drilled holes were about 1/4 inch off and now am considing pulling it again and enlarging the area to give me some wiggle room. I have a new antenna on order and will arrive on Friday. My plan is to remove the fender, install the antenna and route cable to under dash, realign holes, and try to get fender back adjusted to give correct fitment.

So all I really did was just sat and looked at it... :D

Today I drove it around town (it is a daily driver), partly just to burn some gas so I can change my sending unit in a few days. Then I spent a lot of time wondering when my rear bumper guards will ever get here. I've had the new bumper for a month, but I'm not going to put it on, then turn right around and pull it back off to put the guards on!

Well, I got the Jeep ready for the car show on Saturday and won a "Best In Class - '80-'89 Modified" plaque for my trouble. That's 4 for 7 now... I guess my Jeep's not as much of a turd as I think it is.

I hope this picture is cool (since it's not a Mustang), but here's my Jeep from Saturday's car show. I recently (like 2 weekends ago) completed fabrication of the new front bumper and mounted the winch last Friday.

carshow2010.JPG

Now that this year's car show is over (and the Jeep pretty much done except for the swapping in an AMC 360 V8 and TF727), I can dive into the Mach 1 and hopefully have an entry for next year's show in the "'70-'79 Modified" class. :D

Anyway, that's what I've been doing - time to get serious about my '71!

I'm starting to seriously look at the pain in the neck it's going to be to remove all the junk attached to the engine, and especially all the electrical wiring attached to it all. Marking everything and taking a bunch of pictures will be necessary so I can hook it all back up again. Don't want to honk the horn and have the convertible top fold down while it's raining. :D

Doc

I'm starting to seriously look at the pain in the neck it's going to be to remove all the junk attached to the engine, and especially all the electrical wiring attached to it all. Marking everything and taking a bunch of pictures will be necessary so I can hook it all back up again. Don't want to honk the horn and have the convertible top fold down while it's raining. :D

Doc
So..... don't honk the horn when it's raining? I don't know... seems like sound advice to me. ;) :D

Had a craving for sweets so enjoyed a few Donuts in the parking lot at work.All the guys at work said ssswwweeeetttt.Then I straitened her out and went home:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back