What did you do to your car today?

droptop73

Started with removing the undercoating in the rear fenderwells. In between I decided to take the 4 headlight buckets and make 2 good ones. Got the right side done today.

DSCN2114.thumb.JPG.3f819b3e6d8626808a119a4b2be000c1.JPGDSCN2117.thumb.JPG.2c1ebb8d2a902b4ee3b44ada155ae633.JPGDSCN2120.thumb.JPG.ea3036ec671b8607974f67ce24abc357.JPGDSCN2119.thumb.JPG.6c1fac2c02c14284bc9bfc23438c5508.JPGDSCN2124.thumb.JPG.f05b858be174e90894d93b0ac2765e06.JPG

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

Good work, guys! Eric, keep your finger on the patience button. You're almost there, my friend!

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Good work, guys! Eric, keep your finger on the patience button. You're almost there, my friend!

Thanks Man! It's tough knowing I won't be able to have any 'play time' for the next few weekends, but I'm thinking also that I might actually benefit from those few weekends off in the way of regaining some lost motivation (lately, I've been slowing down a little because of seeing all the things left to do and having issues focusing on specific tasks).

But I will have my laptop with me so I can check in here now and then during the trip.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Drool...

Lookin' AWESOME![/align]

Jeje...thanks! Clear is on...

Sweet Steve. Congrats.

Thank you sir! Long time coming. Hopefully back on the road this spring if I can find the time for reassembly.

ETA: Page 299 ownage!

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

Yup, agreed, that new paint looks awesome!!!

I did not post on this thread for a long time, simply because I didn´t do anything to my car. But today I had my Buddy convert the headlight to relays, so that finally the spontaneous "disco moments" in the middle of nowhere are history.

Tomorrow we´ll tackle the new exhaust.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Well it was yesterday but I'll post it today. I finally made my ram air functional and ran and hooked up vacuum lines. I also finally spent some time adjusting my new carburetor for maximum vacuum at idle. Manage to get a nice and fairly smooth 15" of vacuum with my cam which I considered to be pretty good.

Drove it, and drove it some more.

Temperature dropped 30 degrees since yesterday :( I'll get some more driving in, but since daylight savings time, not as much as I would like.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

I'm not typicaly the shortcut type. But I did decide long ago I was going to leave the undercoating alone on the rear quarters and not worry about it since the rest of the car was in such good shape. Sure am glad I decided to remove it tonight. NEVER TAKE SHORTCUTS! :s

DSCN2132.thumb.JPG.9578cc22738339c352b0d823e22200f4.JPG

2rr7aiv.png

I visited my Mustang on the shop where they have been having difficulty putting in new springs on the front since they are 1.5 inches taller tahn the old ones.

Eww makes me wonder about mine. It seems solid. What's the best way to remove the undercoat? Scraper/puddy knife?

Scraper/putty knife/blood/sweat/tears and no kids around. :P

2rr7aiv.png

Drilled apart a used cowl section and addressed some issues with it.

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

20121107_132949.jpg

20121107_132959.jpg

20121107_163049.jpg

I didn't photograph the other pieces yet but I have a ton of stuff I need to get blasted, and will be going from there!

1971 Mach 1 351C

2001 Cobra 4.6L 4v

2006 S281 Saleen 4.6L Supercharged

All I can say is WOW! Better hold onto your hat!

Nice! We'll have to meet up and go for a ride if I ever make it out to 'bama! I smell a duck hunt, or maybe deer hunt, in my future...

Pics of the body shop progress. Just a few more weeks left 'til she comes home.

2nsw9z6.jpg

mws60w.jpg

28tw8r7.jpg

What year Bullitts are those? Are you using a spacer?

Good work, DamageLn! ::goodjob::

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Cussed out my headlight buckets while putting them together. Left them in their room and went to mine!

HEY I HIT THE 300. SHOW HIM WHAT HE'S WON CHUCK!

2rr7aiv.png

Eww makes me wonder about mine. It seems solid. What's the best way to remove the undercoat? Scraper/puddy knife?

E-Z off oven cleaner and a puddy knife works well.

Being able to put your car on it's side.........PRICELESS!

2rr7aiv.png

Drilled apart a used cowl section and addressed some issues with it.

IMG_0596.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0592.jpg

20121107_132949.jpg

20121107_132959.jpg

20121107_163049.jpg

I didn't photograph the other pieces yet but I have a ton of stuff I need to get blasted, and will be going from there!

Looks good.

- Mike

Hey 73vertproject! Thank you! I picked up a used cowl section honestly like 6 years ago and its sat in my garage for a loooong time.

1971 Mach 1 351C

2001 Cobra 4.6L 4v

2006 S281 Saleen 4.6L Supercharged

E-Z off oven cleaner and a puddy knife works well.

Being able to put your car on it's side.........PRICELESS!

It sure made it easy.:cool:

- Mike

We're completing the final prep before moving her into the paint booth (actually sitting in front of it now). I get more excite with each visit.

I know what you mean!

Scheduled to come home Tuesday. :cool:

2j2jjpd.jpg

2j1lt7m.jpg

2lbnawx.jpg

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

We're completing the final prep before moving her into the paint booth (actually sitting in front of it now). I get more excite with each visit.

I know what you mean!

Scheduled to come home Tuesday. :cool:

2j2jjpd.jpg

2j1lt7m.jpg

2lbnawx.jpg

Looking good. Of course I will still have a ton if work to do when I get it.