What did you do to your car today?

droptop73

Rear fender aprons are installed along with the cowl to apron braces. waiting on the lower radiator supports to arrive. I have been cleaning and painting some of the grill / headlight parts, and brackets.

The engine is also ready.

Rear fender aprons are installed along with the cowl to apron braces. waiting on the lower radiator supports to arrive. I have been cleaning and painting some of the grill / headlight parts, and brackets.

The engine is also ready.

Hello Don!... I´m reading you and i read a great plan working... Don´t you have pics of this process??.. Maybe you published somewhere else in the formun and i just didn´t see them...

You´re doing a major job in your front area and.... i just wanna see it!! jeje

KEep working! good luck!

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-sportsroof]Visit My Garage[/button]

Damián :cool:

[align=center]120x45bk1ani.gif

Vote For 7173Mustangs.Com Every Day![/align]

Didn't do much on the vert today, EXCEPT FINALLY PULL THE MOTOR. :):):)

YAHOO!!

1237223065_Enginealmostout.JPG.4b38708d56730d2effe17948323450ac.JPG

988134504_Emptyenginebay.JPG.1b5b6f21a0d899f9def46ac5ce8a8090.JPG

More in another thread.

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Working on the front end today. Have both light houses out and have cleaned and retapped all holes. Had to drill out 4 of them with broken grill bolts. Painted and they are on the horses drying. Changed out the front bezels from chrome to my primed new bezel (both fenders and hood) and painted "close as I have been able to get" custom mix $20 a can yellow paint. Got these installed and bumper polished. Had my helper (son JT) work on and clean up the bumper and lenses, but one will need replaced at some point as it is cracked. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get light boxes back in and grill mounted. Headed up to get some machine screws that will fit. Thought I would snap a couple pics and would post before I head out.

It is finally starting to look like a Mach 1 in the front... :D

IMG01081-20110306-1503.thumb.jpg.f5ab9a210e15f4f6bae2ea71ed53102c.jpg

IMG01082-20110306-1553.thumb.jpg.094c66adb368ad4ea23ad0c5b30415e4.jpg

IMG01092-20110312-1748.thumb.jpg.56db4a32b5a400f26f9e8a67edff1020.jpg

IMG01090-20110312-1742.thumb.jpg.8d310eb2b7740c133d10ba972d348abd.jpg

1972 Fastback

Zinc Yellow / Black Trim

2006 GT Coupe - Mach 1 Tribute

Screaming Yellow / Black Trim

Central Missouri Mustang & Ford Club

Working on the front end today. Have both light houses out and have cleaned and retapped all holes. Had to drill out 4 of them with broken grill bolts. Painted and they are on the horses drying. Changed out the front bezels from chrome to my primed new bezel (both fenders and hood) and painted "close as I have been able to get" custom mix $20 a can yellow paint. Got these installed and bumper polished. Had my helper (son JT) work on and clean up the bumper and lenses, but one will need replaced at some point as it is cracked. Hopefully tomorrow I will be able to get light boxes back in and grill mounted. Headed up to get some machine screws that will fit. Thought I would snap a couple pics and would post before I head out.

It is finally starting to look like a Mach 1 in the front... :D

ahhh been there done that. I painted everything in sight.

I decided to take the convertible today to the car show. spent last week prep'n the car and did wash and throw a little wax on the 71 Mach too as I went along. I pull the 67 vert into the garage ....gas smell was a little strong, raise the hood FUEL LEAK from the carb. She was a no go... last night...Hmmm the Mach is look'n sweet....OH WAIT I haven't replaced the water pump and the tires are a bit 'worn':@

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

Pulled the dash out of the parts car and some other parts I needed, cleaned and painted stuff as I went. All the bolts/clips/screws go through the tumbler for cleaning. Replaced the brake booster and cleaned, lubed and installed the pedal assembly.

Not much today except change the fuel filter for like the 12th time

2zdx09d.png

Yea,Tho i cruise through the valley of the shadow of rice,I will fear no Turbo,For Torque art with me.Thy rods and crankshaft,they comfort me. :D Robert [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=357]Visit My Garage[/button]

I saw Robert's car in person and complimented him on it. Nice looking stang Robert!

I rolled the windows down on mine to let the water evaporate from the cowl leak due to the very heavy rain we had. I need a good car cover until I make a spot for it in the garage...that or a temporary tarp. My neighbors would kill me for putting a tarp on it; too much of a eye sore. :(

spacer.png

Thanks Don ::thumb:: but she still has a long way to go. Now the weather is starting to warm up i can do a little more. Hope you will be able to get yours running around soon

2zdx09d.png

Yea,Tho i cruise through the valley of the shadow of rice,I will fear no Turbo,For Torque art with me.Thy rods and crankshaft,they comfort me. :D Robert [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=357]Visit My Garage[/button]

Had to finally put some tires on the back today r0v3vm.jpg

2zdx09d.png

I saw Robert's car in person and complimented him on it. Nice looking stang Robert!

I rolled the windows down on mine to let the water evaporate from the cowl leak due to the very heavy rain we had. I need a good car cover until I make a spot for it in the garage...that or a temporary tarp. My neighbors would kill me for putting a tarp on it; too much of a eye sore. :(

D..Just get a clear piece of heavy plastic...duct tape from the lower edge of the windshield down over the cowl /screen vents.. into the engine compartment no more water problem during rain storms

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

D..Just get a clear piece of heavy plastic...duct tape from the lower edge of the windshield down over the cowl /screen vents.. into the engine compartment no more water problem during rain storms

Q: that is the best idea I've heard all day! Thanks!

spacer.png

New turn signal switch. Nothing fancy but important just the same. Friday I picked up a new trac-lock with 3.89's to be installed next week. Last week we replaced the rear leafs with grab a trac 4.5 std.

After the third member we will be adding dynomax turbo mufflers to replace the flowmaster 40's so I stop waking up the whole neighborhood when I fire it up to go to work. LOL Gonna put in electronic cutouts and pipe them out in front of the rear tires for when I need it loud. :)

attachment.php?aid=2111

My mustang is named Beth.

As in

Beth I hear you calling and I'll fix you right this time.

but both the kids need braces and I just can't spare a dime.

Just a few more paychecks and I'll get right back to you.

Oh Beth what can I do? Beth what can I do?

Scott... i'm gonna use this advise too... :) As an amateur "restorer"... i forgot to check lick from the cowl in the fastback and i'm ashame to asume IT LIKS!...

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-sportsroof]Visit My Garage[/button]

pull the plastic vents and shine a light toward each side..have a handy place to sit down....and cry.

Already did it my friend, but the rust is minimal... It still leaks just a little and that bothers me but, no need to cry yet ;) Just a matter of learn for the next time.. COWLS ARE BAD PEOPLE! :P

got my extra oil line ran, tip from jeff, battery box and battery, dash hung, carpet laid in, and as always more trim painting

Roy... I LOOOOVE how you car is coming out man... you have great taste! ;)

My first post in this thread. :-)

Today I went and picked up my radiator from the shop where I had it repaired. Get this: A new heavy duty aluminum radiator from Summit, bought two years ago.... and the damn thing starts leaking in 2(!) places after 2 years of use!?! Well make that less than one year, as the car sits still over the winter months, so it is not constantly in use.

Plus the guys at the shop told me that it won't probably be long before it starts leaking in new places.

I'm not happy!

End of rant!

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Well I assume the grill fairy came over night and installed the grill on my car. No one seems to claim installing it. Wish the wheel and clutch fairy would show up now!!!!!

If you run into the remodel-the-garden or the-tidy-up-the-cellar fairy, gimme a call! :D

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Well I assume the grill fairy came over night and installed the grill on my car. No one seems to claim installing it. Wish the wheel and clutch fairy would show up now!!!!!

If you run into the remodel-the-garden or the-tidy-up-the-cellar fairy, gimme a call! :D

you got it and if you see the ones I mentioned give me a yell.