What did you do to your car today?

droptop73

took the mustang to the local car night, was cleaning the window on the passenger side, and when I closed the door (kinda hard I guess) the top of the door panel came away from the door a bit (maybe 1/8 of an inch gap at most) but it's wide enough that I can look down and see the back of the panel where the bottom of door pull attaches.

Not sure if it's a screw or one of those cheap/crap fasteners that failed but no more shows until I fix it...which is just as well since my mom broke the door pull on that door trying to close it on a hill,lol

91LX_Sig.jpg

I test fit the right quarter extension that Don from OMS sent me. I'm leaving on vacation tonight, but I could not go without seeing how it fit. I'm stoked it fits much better than the one that I had from a Sprint. The gap was to big at the lower part of the extension by the bumper. The one I got from Don fits nice and tight to the taillight panel like the driver side does. My original extension was to bent to reuse. I know it's not much but I had to do it before I left. Thanks Don for a good part for a good price.:cool:

Will be back in eight days.:D

354299838_endcap001.jpg.1c0be68c76ae889483b5ff30d3720a77.jpg

1035381567_endcap002.jpg.dd456c2a51fc88d792034cbda2ed580b.jpg

- Mike

• 2 weeks later...

We were able to take the Headman Headers from the parts car and clean them up. Now time to get them coated. Also sanded/painted the power steering pump and alternator. Oh and we adjusted the trunk tension rods.

For some reason it will not allow me to upload pics from the Tapatalk app.

Looked at all the pile of " MOOG" control arm set I"ve collected .Getting ready for install + line-up. Also may have landed a 3.25 ring & pinion for the Trac - loc conversion . :D

1_11_01_14_4_00_47.jpeg

460 , Edelbrock Performer carb. + intake , 204 / 214 cam , Pertronix Flamethrower 2 billet dizzy + coil , Crites long tubes , C6 .

Not today, but a good weekend.

Assembled and installed Sport mirrors, installed heater box and fan box. Steering column 50% installed.

Tested door Power window mechanisms and installed pass side motor, track, regulator, switch and wiring to the A-pillar.

Installed parking Brake rear cables, inventoried all bagged parts and hung on peg board.

Picked up set of original 15 inch Magnum 500's.

Purchased new headliner. (Would you ALWAYS install a new one or consider re-using your original?)

kinda under the weather in iq and experience in texting plugging in pics for others to view. Looks like i have a lot to transpose from profile of from performance optións/uprades/restorations/tours/some 200 pics in varied categories. I have been mustangs.com since late 2012. Lóoks like i have a lot to re enter to garage threads and ....

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

Today I finish to install insonorisant, carpets, seats, well all the interior, then I put the new grille I received from OMS.

And now I can enjoy my Mustang.

SAM_2034.thumb.JPG.b1f1f069b8cc91764b7bb4af07d10711.JPG

SAM_2036.thumb.JPG.77bcd2b963eeb8bdc072d1ee00540277.JPG

SAM_2037.thumb.JPG.9753e92bd1492c8dd06eeed4b192caaa.JPG

SAM_2059.thumb.JPG.3a25fcac11d04feae89bba23651feb28.JPG

Mustang, Mach 1 and 351

I worked on the interior lighting, got the courtesy lights working, put new bulbs in the non functioning console clock and attempted to figure out where and how to change the bulb(s) in the heater control.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Over the past few days :

Two oil changes (oil pressure testing between oil weights)..

First polish in forever.

WsS0EP8.jpg

Have an original am radio to install along with an original clock. Decided to pull the console while working on trying to figure out installing the radio ( need to figure out cut wires and how it mounted). Under the console was a mess containing 48 cents, two lighters, matches, trim screws, directions somewhere from 1983, and lots of dust & dirt.

xAwm3zE.jpg

Thanks for the tip on the light!

The polish job looks good!

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

took the gear shift linkage out last week cause some of the rubber bushing on it had worn out, and while it still worked it felt really sloppy/loose.

Anyway the parts came today, so while that means I can get that fixed, it was too late to put them in for the local car night....though me and my dad went down anyway in his little 78 triumph spitfire runabout.

A few people from my club were supposed to have been there tonight but I didn't see any cars I recognized from the club.

Though I did see this.....

IMG_20130822_180603_600.jpg

IMG_20130822_181856_976.jpg

I've seen this guy drive through on car nights a few times though he never actually seem to stop. And it had started driving me nuts, cause I wanted to give him a flyer for my club's show in october....since there's a new class just for 71-73 verts this year. And while I dunno if he'll show since the interior was a bit worn (he had white tape on the armrests to cover cracks) I feel better knowing I've at least given him a flier.

.....now if I could only stop that young blonde girl w/ the green 60's coupe that I've also seen a cruising through a few times too,lol

91LX_Sig.jpg

fixed the steering linkage, put in a new fuel filter, adjusted the auto-choke so the car doesn't miss/blip when it idles and took it out for a lunchtime drive just to make sure everything was running good

91LX_Sig.jpg

Installed original radio and clock today.. Radio works but I need to go back in and replace the speaker.. Clock(non functioning) is in place - need to repair bezel, previous owner left two of the three screw mounts broken.

K5djhEr.jpg

One step closer to installing the original air cleaner assembly

with all the tubes and hoses. The chrome bonnet as evidenced

in my signature will be replaced. I need one bolt and a vacuum

tee to complete the job.

mike

P8240415.thumb.JPG.648d95263ff4733028553cd7f9ddd306.JPG

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

What did I do to my car today. NOTHING!:dodgy: But Jim (sdstang) came over and we loaded up my engine hoist and went to his place to pull his 351c. Jim had it pretty much ready to pull and what should have taken 2hrs took about 4 because of all the B/S-ing.:D What better way to spend a Sunday in SoCal.:cool:

1942448570_Jimscar001.thumb.jpg.45842c2845b22614f2476a02e2e3b13b.jpg

12224822_Jimscar002.thumb.jpg.82dd843304ad08d5c6f9fc4d565f0ae8.jpg

1219326074_Jimscar003.thumb.jpg.679f8bcd9c0be0cd333006f8a368d63f.jpg

- Mike

What did I do to my car today. NOTHING!:dodgy: But Jim (sdstang) came over and we loaded up my engine hoist and went to his place to pull his 351c. Jim had it pretty much ready to pull and what should have taken 2hrs took about 4 because of all the B/S-ing.:D What better way to spend a Sunday in SoCal.:cool:

The B/S-ing is 3/4 of the fun! :D Looks like you guys had things under control!

If you feel the need for a road trip to Las Vegas..... I'll be installing my engine in 2 weeks!

P.S. The beer fridge is full!

1290131_10202126010178480_2017402135_n.thumb.jpg.deff707f70ec33e7a1197f2e45846ca8.jpg

- Travis

I'm an analog man in a digital world.

If you feel the need for a road trip to Las Vegas..... I'll be installing my engine in 2 weeks!

Yeah it was half the fun,Jim was laughing in the action shot.:P

- Mike

I wanted to work on the engine, but damaged head gaskets put a halt on that. Instead, I installed the lower 1/4" argent stripe!

1368797_10202177736271600_520172221_n.jpg.fdd2d128d1bd7246a0daff25ee3a259d.jpg

- Travis

I'm an analog man in a digital world.

Yeah it was half the fun,Jim was laughing in the action shot.:P

Good Times! Good Times!

- Jim

Finished addressing the few rot spots on the supposed "NO RUST whatsoever"

(prior owners own words) 72 Green Mach..In the big picture there really is hardley any rust on this car...But I had to remove his piss poor cover up job on the battery tray & section in a new piece..There were a few spots on the top aprons too where he took silicone filled in the rust then painted black..The spots didn't warrent full panel replacement..I just media blasted..rust bullet...then a base of fiberall (the stuff in the pictures) hopefully will get it in epoxy this week then topcoat.

101_0414.thumb.JPG.007cb0999b2c8ecab6fa6da91463c5fb.JPG101_0415.thumb.JPG.ad6e0bae7358c8e6b050be500742e827.JPG101_0416.thumb.JPG.fb66ef7ce6071ef5604538f8150b735b.JPG

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART

Scott,

The statement "no rust whatsoever" is along the same lines as "the check is in the mail" and " I will not ....... " We have all learned from those statements throughout our lives !!! Is that manual steering in your car ? Was it a bear to steer with the 429 ?

Looking good, are you painting it body color ?

Thanks, Jay

Scott,

The statement "no rust whatsoever" is along the same lines as "the check is in the mail" and " I will not ....... " We have all learned from those statements throughout our lives !!! Is that manual steering in your car ? Was it a bear to steer with the 429 ?

Looking good, are you painting it body color ?

Thanks, Jay

Yea the problem is I trusted the former member here a bit more than I should have..Plus it's the first time in 30 years I ever bought a car with out physically being there inspecting it..lesson learned never ever again would I buy a car with out being there to inspect..overall could have been worse but I overpaid by about 3k my offer would have been 3k less than I paid or I would have walked..In the big picture once I'm done it will be worth a ton more it is a very clean car.. No body color on this one, satin black..It was a power steering car the p.o. converted it to manual why I have no clue but I do have the power steering unit so I'm probably going to send it out for the 12:7:1 conversion down the road..My qcode came with manual & I never had a problem with steering..so for now I'm leaving it..

LOVE OF BEAUTY IS TASTE..THE CREATION OF BEAUTY IS ART