What did you do to your car today?

droptop73

Do you have a welder? If you have access to a MIG, you can thread a nut on and weld it to the stud. It will do (2) things to help.

1. Provide you with a solid, known position for a wrench

2. More importantly, the welding will push the heat down through the remnants of the bolt and help break it loose from the block.

Do you have a welder? If you have access to a MIG, you can thread a nut on and weld it to the stud. It will do (2) things to help.

1. Provide you with a solid, known position for a wrench

2. More importantly, the welding will push the heat down through the remnants of the bolt and help break it loose from the block.

Dude....you are either my hero or I hate you :D ....yes the eff'n mig is sitting right in front of the car. damn you!!:D never crossed my mind.rofl

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

I finished up some shock tower brace modifications. I had bought the MPG brace kit some time back and my engine configuration being a bit different didn't work with the cross bar. I decided to run a pair of bars to the radiator core. Measured, checked clearances, ordered 30.00 worth of parts from Speedway (which showed up tonight) and an hour later I am done.

If it looks a little lopsided, that is the camera angle.

72353203_enginebracing001.thumb.JPG.7732fbc5a3500b1412d46a95b5da92cb.JPG

716887030_enginebracing002.thumb.JPG.105f83fe5a42c6eba291a346fa2700f7.JPG

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Dude....you are either my hero or I hate you :D ....yes the eff'n mig is sitting right in front of the car. damn you!!:D never crossed my mind.rofl

Careful there, Carter. That's the fuel pump area, you know. Don't blow yourself up welding next to the main line coming off the left shock tower.

Even plugging it won't always keep the vapors at bay.

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

Careful there, Carter. That's the fuel pump area, you know. Don't blow yourself up welding next to the main line coming off the left shock tower.

Even plugging it won't always keep the vapors at bay.

-Kurt

yeah that' s a concern I already have with that process.... "ACCIDENTS HAPPEN" even under the best practices. I appreciate the extra warning.

67 Diamond Blue Vert

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRveIaRU6OAzTfd2Mv6ypGH49BZcPU7MS_7PBKhiOmpmJJrHJ_B_Q

DUDE

LOL even my sig line offended somebody!

purchased inner door panels as advertised on this line, this morning and got msg tonight about not paying for them yet. Must be my credit card must not have gone through. This not the site to give other examples of customer service somewhere not doing their job, too. And taking the stang to a garage, scheduled and established back last spring and 3 months into the job, to find its only being worked on as a part time job. (:k<( even the payment to online vendor, a work in process however...finally.got it processed here.

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

Be careful with that transaction. I've seen some identity theft scams start that way. They tell you that you must reenter your information or risk missing the deal. Some identify themselves as Paypal. Don't reply to these.

Be careful with that transaction. I've seen some identity theft scams start that way. They tell you that you must reenter your information or risk missing the deal. Some identify themselves as Paypal. Don't reply to these.

Looks like I will have to call in my credit card company to refuse payment if this is true. I have notified the vendor of this item and if I do not hear from them with the confirmation of this transaction down to the credit card number, in goes the call to my cc company to investigate this.

1_12_09_14_11_07_03.png

We've never been real happy with how the car has ran since first start. She seemed to run rough but could not fit a bad plug wire, open port, etc. we finally found and fixed the problem. There was a vacuum leak in the booster. Replaced the booster and she really sounds mean.

Not that I actually did anything but I did make a purchase today. Last year, I built a 415w stroker with a Dart block. It sports a set of AFR-220 heads and a boost friendly 8.3:1 compression. Anyway, I just purchased a Paxton Novi-1500 supercharger. I have already purchased the EFI wiring kit but now just need a few odds and ends. And I should have a very streetable 600+ RWHP.

I finished up some shock tower brace modifications. I had bought the MPG brace kit some time back and my engine configuration being a bit different didn't work with the cross bar. I decided to run a pair of bars to the radiator core. Measured, checked clearances, ordered 30.00 worth of parts from Speedway (which showed up tonight) and an hour later I am done.

If it looks a little lopsided, that is the camera angle.

Do you think that the radiator support/core offers the necessary stiffness?

Hi KC,

That looks nice. Did you see what i ended up doing on mine?

http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-austin-vert-s-electrical-and-trim-upgrades

Cheers,

Greg.:)

Great! That looks better than mine. I was thinking about doing the carpet thing too, but I don't think I am as talented as you!

My glove box was missing when I got the car well

there was a water damaged piece of cardboard in

the box of parts I got with it that used to be the

box evidently!

I didn't know that there was a trim piece that goes on the front

of the cardboard ugg another part I need that is probably not

reproduced!!

Thanks for the photos!

73 Grande

351C 2v

Now 4v Carb/Cam/headers/T5

Gasoline is for washing parts.

Alcohol is for drinking.

Nitomethane is for racing!

Work in Progress photos here:

Last Update: 4/23/16

http://s1270.photobucket.com/user/therocket366/library/?sort=3&page=1

My glove box was missing when I got the car well

there was a water damaged piece of cardboard in

the box of parts I got with it that used to be the

box evidently!

I didn't know that there was a trim piece that goes on the front

of the cardboard ugg another part I need that is probably not

reproduced!!

Thanks for the photos!

The plastic frame? I've got a spare. Not the best in the world. PM me.

-Kurt

satellite-valiant-mustang-license-tags-signature.png

How to buy a '71-73 Mustang:

Rule #1: Assume all classic car sellers are guilty until proven innocent.

Rule #2: No classic car dealer is ever innocent; thus, they are all guilty.

Rule #3: Buy from trustworthy people: Fellow forum members. Visit 7173Mustang's For Sale forum.

Today, I bolted the clutch and pressure plate on the engine.

Just need the correct torque for the pressure plate bolts.

P6210039.thumb.JPG.1ac73f477b5a4488788cfa1964c20c06.JPG

Got the 3-point seat belts installed, played with the Retrosound stereo a little, and ordered the Edelbrock E-Street FI system (looks like I blew my chances at getting any Christmas presents this year ;) ).

As for the glove box inserts, I received a nice ABS one-piece unit with my Classic Auto Air HVAC system - might check with those guys to see if they'd be willing to sell the piece separately... it's a whole lot nicer than having a piece of cardboard back in there, but might not fit with a factory heater box (seems a little deeper to me). Just a thought.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Got the 3-point seat belts installed, played with the Retrosound stereo a little, and ordered the Edelbrock E-Street FI system (looks like I blew my chances at getting any Christmas presents this year ;) ).

As for the glove box inserts, I received a nice ABS one-piece unit with my Classic Auto Air HVAC system - might check with those guys to see if they'd be willing to sell the piece separately... it's a whole lot nicer than having a piece of cardboard back in there, but might not fit with a factory heater box (seems a little deeper to me). Just a thought.

Hi Eric,

Sounds good. I'm, currently having problems with my classic air system.

Also, what was the follow through on your electric windows you installed?

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

Hi Eric,

Sounds good. I'm, currently having problems with my classic air system.

Also, what was the follow through on your electric windows you installed?

Hey Greg,

They're pretty much only half-installed. I'm not entirely sure the Autoloc motors are going to be strong enough to move the windows effectively - the 'drive' design seems to be the issue. With just the key On, the motors draw a lot of current, and struggle to get the windows up. With the engine running, they do a lot better, but even then seem to have a soft spot about halfway up on the passenger side. It "feels" to me like the design is just not the greatest. The thread by gpierce ( http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-power-windows-for-your-convertible ) about his universal windows convinced me to do it, but I thought the Autolocs would've been the way to go. After reading some more stuff about them after I'd already purchased... yeah, should've gone with the SPALs.

I'm going to look into getting some window motors like the SPALs: https://www.a1electric.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=AEOS&Product_Code=3300-0030 I think the separated belt drive might be a better design than the Autolocs - they seem to be shredding themselves each time I use 'em (lots of lubricated plastic bits everywhere, and not very snappy movement).

So, in a nutshell... still not done with it. ;)

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Do you think that the radiator support/core offers the necessary stiffness?

No. I also think the shallow angle offers little if any lateral support.

It is symmetrical and I like the look. I was able to add the front portion in 15 minutes for 30 bucks. My distributor and AC make a monte carlo bar very challenging.

It does offer some support to the radiator core! :D

I actually have something else partially fabricated that I intend to finish up this winter, but it is low on my priority list.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Went back out to Super Bright LEDs, and got a blue strip to install in the engine bay.

It should look really good when it gets dark. I know it looks kind of riceish.... But I dig it just the same. I like the look.

It's going to look slick at night when you can see the lights coming through the holes in the hood....

Sometime this winter I might make some hood insert mirrors.

283828074_Picture028.thumb.jpg.37000338c711923d45a717919af769b5.jpg