What did you do to your car today?

droptop73

you can also just repair the existing floors. Full floorpan replacement looks good with all the work done well, but you can often just buy a replacement and cut a patch large enough to replace the weak area and cut it it to only replace the affected area. Less intrusive and if you can get the bad area cut out to solid metal, the repair is just as good if you take the time to butt the pieces and fully weld them in, then use a flap wheel to grind the welds and use a bit of seam sealer. even 3-4 patched sections is less work that full replacement.

I agree with you on that Jeff as you can tell i am not into half assing anything but your right if you measure twice and cut once and get the patch right and take your time no one will notice so will probably go that route and the the car back together.

Gathering all the cleaned up detailed parts to put my 73 vert back together and get it going before April. Would like to drive to Charlotte for Hornets Nest show at the race track and then may St. Augustine. Only issue I have with the Fla. show is you have to be member of MCA that I do not support. It is there ball so you play by their rules I guess. I should lay all the parts out on the floor before installing, there are a pile of them. I am still on the fence on should I buy another wire harness that is said to be perfect or get mine rebuilt have to decide by Monday.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

I agree with you on that Jeff as you can tell i am not into half assing anything but your right if you measure twice and cut once and get the patch right and take your time no one will notice so will probably go that route and the the car back together.

It all depends upon the extent of the rust and your long term goals for the car. As long as you aren't coating them with a few layers of fiberglassed cardboard and window screen(yes I've seen it, no I haven't done it), no one should determine what's "right" except you and a future buyer.

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

I must have been inhaling too many fumes from the paint but after I painted my front bumper last weekend, I went bezerk and also painted my door sill plates.

I painted the crappy original ones that I had replaced with repro ones back when the car was restored.

Now I put the shiny repro plates in storage and instead primed and painted the original ones and I love the look.

Goes well with the yellow paint and black carpet.

While the plates were drying I did an oil change but there are no pictures documenting that. I guess you know what an oil change looks like. :)

I like that look, it has a modern flair!

I ordered a set of gauges to install and a Trac-Lok with 3.50 gears for mine this week.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Pulled the exhaust and rerouted the ebrake cables with some new brackets I fabricated to get the cable pull so I have plenty of driveshaft clearance, rebled the rear brakes and got her back on the road finally. I also relocated the staggered shock to the front of the axle since I have Caltracs and don't need the staggered set up. It opens up some room to eventually get some 3" tailpipes out the back . . . I hope

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Replaced the master cyl. Installed speed bleeders. It's the first time I have ever tried speed bleeders and I love them.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Mounted the roller bearing assembly and new clutch pedal for T5 conversion. Also mounted my new correct seat track to the drivers seat and cleaned up the threads in one of the mounting holes. Cleaned up and welded in 4 small patches where PO cut holes in the floor to mount the old incorrect seat tracks. We will see if my motivation keeps up and maybe get the drive shaft dropped out the the H-pipe removed so the old tranny can come out.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Got to the shop, electric fan sounded funny-looked at it-blade was gone! Found a fan laying around and swapped the parts into my shroud. Prettied up the shroud hold down bracket and skeletonized it a bit. Changed speedometer gear, installed a new module with a rev limiter, painted my new caliper and brake brackets and took a few pictures to show the new tires and how they fit in back.

2ajqdqw.jpg

2moqpzq.jpg

2m2idu1.jpg

o52q6c.jpg

357pvkm.jpg

I went for a nice Hill Country drive and the car is running better than ever.

2moqpzq.jpg

I forgot to mention I installed a flip down cap from an earlier model mustang, Just had to trim the bottom of the honeycomb panel and aluminum a bit to make it fit. Trying to decide if I want to repaint the stripes in it or just leave it faded and as is. BTW it doesn't line up properly in the center of the panel like the 71 model would, but the screw holes are in all the right places.

I bought this Mustang 6 years ago, this was first start, and it was yesterday .Its time to get it on the road again.

video:

Good God Lake,

Where have you been all these years!:)

Hope it all goes well for you. Keep us posted.

Greg:)

2moqpzq.jpg

I forgot to mention I installed a flip down cap from an earlier model mustang, Just had to trim the bottom of the honeycomb panel and aluminum a bit to make it fit. Trying to decide if I want to repaint the stripes in it or just leave it faded and as is. BTW it doesn't line up properly in the center of the panel like the 71 model would, but the screw holes are in all the right places.

Looks good Jeff. Well worth the trouble you went to.::thumb::

Greg.:)

:whistling: LORD, MR FORD - JERRY REED

Nothing yet for today, but I got the engine in yesterday!

Had awesome help from the family to get it in,

Problems? The 4 speed crossmember I had acquired years ago did not fit my car!! I am an engineer so I measured the spacing between bolt holes on the car frame and on the crossmember. Frame 13.5 CL to CL, crossmember 12.5 CL to CL. I discovered it was from a damaged vehicle. A few strategic hits with my engineers hammer, and BOOM, the crossmember fits perfectly!

So now I have an engine in the engine bay for the first time in 11 years, and considering there is a 4-speed behind it, my car is now officially a 4-speed vehicle although still a ways from being drive able.

DSC_0532.thumb.JPG.0055ea853e2bd5b088dbb93914a4fbf2.JPG

Filled some new fuel in to tank and find out that fuel line was clogged and so was the fuel sending unit. Also filled some water in to radiator, and find out it was leaking badly. Fortunately i had one aluminium radiator in stock, that fits directly to Mustang. Also installed Patriot headers and they fit just fine.

Few steps closer to driving condition... :)

patriot.thumb.jpg.349950b92c19ebf485b603dee1c19b85.jpg

Nothing yet for today, but I got the engine in yesterday!

Had awesome help from the family to get it in,

Problems? The 4 speed crossmember I had acquired years ago did not fit my car!! I am an engineer so I measured the spacing between bolt holes on the car frame and on the crossmember. Frame 13.5 CL to CL, crossmember 12.5 CL to CL. I discovered it was from a damaged vehicle. A few strategic hits with my engineers hammer, and BOOM, the crossmember fits perfectly!

So now I have an engine in the engine bay for the first time in 11 years, and considering there is a 4-speed behind it, my car is now officially a 4-speed vehicle although still a ways from being drive able.

Good to hear - one small step for the manhood but a big for you - congrats ::thumb::

Filled some new fuel in to tank and find out that fuel line was clogged and so was the fuel sending unit. Also filled some water in to radiator, and find out it was leaking badly. Fortunately i had one aluminium radiator in stock, that fits directly to Mustang. Also installed Patriot headers and they fit just fine.

Few steps closer to driving condition... :)

Yeah, go on straight ::thumb::

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

Well Friday I rebuilt the spring perches on the rear axle, yesterday I installed my Toploader in place of the T-45, today I washed it, drove about 80 miles so far, and have done a handful of little details. I had a outdoor faucet freeze this winter, so I am taking it to the store to get a replacement so I can wash it in the back of the house next time (which should be July or so)

I cleaned out the garage a bit and reoganized and hung my air tools and new fire extinguisher.

Wow, the oil pan looks like new.

351w - Ford racing GT40X 178 cc aluminum heads - Ford racing(crane) 1.7 roller rockers - Comp Cams 280H magnum cam .544" / .544" lift - ARP hardware - hedman longtubes - magnaflow exhaust with X pipe - Duraspark - MSD digital 6al box - MSD TFI coil - optima red top battery - tuff stuff 140 amp alternator - weiand stealth intake  - edelbrock 1406 600 carb  - march pullies and brackets - Be cool fan controller - derale electric fan - FMX trans - motive 4.11 gears - traction lok - lakewood traction bars.                                            

Drove it into work

That is a sweet ride!

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Yesterday I finally finished painting my trunk. Some douche put the wet car cover in the trunk after which it started rusting. I sanded most of the trunk and used Eastwood rust encapsulator first, two layers. Then I emptied one can of trunk spatter. I was expecting it to be black base paint with white spatters but it was just black and white spatters so you can still see where I didn't sand. It's an improvement nevertheless, see for yourself:

Before:

IMG_4392.JPG

After:

IMG_8933.JPG

I'm going to finish it off with one or two layers of clear coat.

I sat in my garage drinking a beer wishing my engine would someday come back from the rebuilder so I can get it installed and get the car back on the road. It's been a paperweight for my concrete floor! :(

Brian