What did you do to your car today?

droptop73

I sat in my garage drinking a beer wishing my engine would someday come back from the rebuilder so I can get it installed and get the car back on the road. It's been a paperweight for my concrete floor! :(

Brian

Ahh drinking beer in the garage. Fun.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Save that sending unit and coat it with shellac, it is now a vintage art piece!

http://www.7173mustangs.com/gallery/1_01_07_15_8_53_18.png

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

Well Friday I rebuilt the spring perches on the rear axle, yesterday I installed my Toploader in place of the T-45, today I washed it, drove about 80 miles so far, and have done a handful of little details. I had a outdoor faucet freeze this winter, so I am taking it to the store to get a replacement so I can wash it in the back of the house next time (which should be July or so)

I cleaned out the garage a bit and reoganized and hung my air tools and new fire extinguisher.

Good to see that your ride is back up And running. I llike that gas cap a lot too.

adpic.jpg

Well nothing today, but got the wife to agree to give me all day Sunday to work on the car and I'm taking Monday off work to do the same. Hoping to make a lot of progress on the Trans swap in 2 days!!! Cutting it way to close to getting to be warm weather, need to get this done and back on the road.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

Today I dissembled waterpump and timing cover, monday I will get new timing kit. Wonder why there was this older 3-bolt balancer,(broken), outer ring found in the trunk...Shouldnt there be this newer model?

Also dissembled some interior and weatherstripping. Rearly I have met anything so brittle than these A-pillar trims :( Trying to find new ones, another choice is try to fix them...

25708914965_fd9e01f702_k.thumb.jpg.c8e72d18b9be290d3b800e381e0b2450.jpg

25682873756_cd3331be67_k.thumb.jpg.317a96d62d6510cbbae7302537d84b8a.jpg

25613844451_ae9b7ae775_k.thumb.jpg.afd8f471f48567bc02c0036e13166125.jpg

Well, its March so i worked on my brackets!

PA160245.thumb.JPG.639409c902f118cd19a70f9d811f7534.JPG

PA160248.thumb.JPG.6f54896dfba588efdbb93a60794bcd91.JPG

Fired up my fastback and let it run for 20 minutes. Still has last years gas in it. I put a ton of new parts on it 2 years ago and said the next time I drive it it will be to the bodyshop. Well I haven't made it yet.:(

[/quo

Changed out my sparkplugs today. Went a range higher from 25 to the 26 autolites.

Today I dissembled waterpump and timing cover, monday I will get new timing kit. Wonder why there was this older 3-bolt balancer,(broken), outer ring found in the trunk...Shouldnt there be this newer model?

Also dissembled some interior and weatherstripping. Rearly I have met anything so brittle than these A-pillar trims :( Trying to find new ones, another choice is try to fix them...

Shipping to Europe is no problem for Anthony II.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231870620803?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Greetings from me in Belgium and from my daughter in Jyväskylä.

i walked by my looked at it covered in dust felt very sad because i cant drive it i have way to many things to do and no time to do it

I think my Mustangs instrument panel needs new lenses... I thought that I could buff then clear, but I was so wrong...

I have new ones... crystal clear

I use US postal service for international shipping

PM or email for a shipping quote

Item #FM-BI009

71-73 INSTRUMENT PANEL LENS

Standard gauge lens without tach or clock. Reproduction. Price: $56.95

I went to my buddy's exhaust shop and we added dump pipes in front of the H pipe and actually ran tail pipes all the way out the back. Just a teeny bit more civilized for cruising.

2ag9kk2.jpg

15y89aw.jpg

2dsr85k.jpg

I also got a few pictures of the Toploader back in place

zo6c9h.jpg

51bp7l.jpg

"I love my Hookers!" and "Get some Strange" probably have a different connotation to non automotive enthusiasts!

I glued the A-pillar trims together, nice that I had all the pieces left... They are not ready, still needs some reinforcement...

Edit. Now they are reinforced with fiberglass, tomorrow frontside fixing...

DSC_2049.thumb.JPG.836416ca1a820704d73b98e9ba4e56e8.JPG

DSC_2050.thumb.JPG.b37c5e71646f835b191176d5fa41ca74.JPG

I think my Mustangs instrument panel needs new lenses... I thought that I could buff then clear, but I was so wrong...

I have new ones... crystal clear

I use US postal service for international shipping

PM or email for a shipping quote

Item #FM-BI009

71-73 INSTRUMENT PANEL LENS

Standard gauge lens without tach or clock. Reproduction. Price: $56.95

Oh thanks, but I ordered them already from ebay...

Lookin' good, love the intake gaskets :D

Yeah I bought the best I could afford! ::thumb::

Got some Fel-Pros in the mail. Hoping they'd be here by today but guess I'm waiting until Monday.

Brian

I was going to do a Tach install, but the Tach showed up with a white face by mistake (on the Vendor's part) so I drove it a bit until the rain started.

I guess you don't have that option ::tease::

Got some Fel-Pros in the mail. Hoping they'd be here by today but guess I'm waiting until Monday.

Brian

I know that the intake is not installed permanently right now but it appears to be on backwards, just want to mention it so when you install it for good it isn't put on the same way again.

-john

(jbojo)

351C 4V cc heads, 10.5 : 1 CR, 290 Herbert cam, Flat top forged pistons, forged connecting rods, Atomic efi,

C6 with Gear Vendor overdrive, 3.89 Tru Trac, Hooker Super Comp with 2 1/2" Pypes Exhaust.        

Some Mod pictures can be seen at: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=2026]Bojo's Garage[/button]

Brian

I know that the intake is not installed permanently right now but it appears to be on backwards, just want to mention it so when you install it for good it isn't put on the same way again.

It is. I just slapped it on real quick because I didn't have a chain and had to use the plate to hook engine up to crane. Good eye!:bravo:

Coated A-pillar trims today. Resin worked like I hope now they are very rigid :cool:

Sweet, ::thumb:: What brand and color of paint did you use ?

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

Looks like an awesome job on the a pillar trims. Can I send you mine? :)

- Jason

Coated A-pillar trims today. Resin worked like I hope now they are very rigid :cool:

Sweet, ::thumb:: What brand and color of paint did you use ?

This wont help you a lot, it is finnish product ment for repairing plastic parts. This is only color available.I got it for free to test use it.

DSC_2056.thumb.JPG.f22c3184caccbf61285aa899f7ea2d50.JPG

Looks like an awesome job on the a pillar trims. Can I send you mine? :)

Yeah, sure :D

Fuel tank removed, washed and dried, ready for sandblasting and powdercoating...

DSC_2055.thumb.JPG.899efa972eeba2b89f9866cf59e01579.JPG

What is that on your fuel tank? I've never seen anything like that.