What did you do to your car today?

droptop73

I replaced the turn signal flasher. Now I just need to fixt the turn signal cam...

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

Got the engine running again, water in, run it warm. Heared strange knocking sound, find out that flexplate is hitting somewhere. So transmission out... See how clean it is...:D

DSC_2139.thumb.JPG.0bc5afb28099a532f08460a7c79c216a.JPG

Drove it. Washed it.

My car needs a lot. Interior needs refreshing. Paint is getting old. Engine idles weird sometimes. New tires/rims wouldn't hurt. The springs are getting old and should be replaced. I need to spend more time tuning it.

In the mean time I am just having a great time driving it! So much fun. I am so glad I have held onto this car for over 30 years.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

I changed out my intake manifold gaskets because of a pesky vacuum leak and picked up 3 inches of vacuum by doing so. A quick reset of the carburetor idle mixture screws and the car sounds and runs better than ever. Life is good.

351w - Ford racing GT40X 178 cc aluminum heads - Ford racing(crane) 1.7 roller rockers - Comp Cams 280H magnum cam .544" / .544" lift - ARP hardware - hedman longtubes - magnaflow exhaust with X pipe - Duraspark - MSD digital 6al box - MSD TFI coil - optima red top battery - tuff stuff 140 amp alternator - weiand stealth intake  - edelbrock 1406 600 carb  - march pullies and brackets - Be cool fan controller - derale electric fan - FMX trans - motive 4.11 gears - traction lok - lakewood traction bars.                                            

I put convertible top on, bled the brakes, finished hooking up all the air con. hoses so I can vac the system. Also did some on the screwed up vacuum hoses and got the engine / light harness in. I am tired boy.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

I had my wife help me hang the doors and align them on the body after painting the jambs. Ryan. IMG_20160402_185719_269.thumb.jpg.d0f1526d1197ce0ba169949bd3c68f4a.jpg

1973 Mach 1, Porsche Guards Red, 429/C6

1972 Mach 1, Grabber Blue, 302/C4, currently under construction

Lake, you wouldn't mind telling us what you used to clean it would you? it came out great, thanks.

351w - Ford racing GT40X 178 cc aluminum heads - Ford racing(crane) 1.7 roller rockers - Comp Cams 280H magnum cam .544" / .544" lift - ARP hardware - hedman longtubes - magnaflow exhaust with X pipe - Duraspark - MSD digital 6al box - MSD TFI coil - optima red top battery - tuff stuff 140 amp alternator - weiand stealth intake  - edelbrock 1406 600 carb  - march pullies and brackets - Be cool fan controller - derale electric fan - FMX trans - motive 4.11 gears - traction lok - lakewood traction bars.                                            

Lake, you wouldn't mind telling us what you used to clean it would you? it came out great, thanks.

pressure washer, wurth pineline metalwash (dont know if you guys have it available) and drilling machine with wire brush.

pressure washer, wurth pineline metalwash (dont know if you guys have it available) and drilling machine with wire brush.

http://www.pineline.fi/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/270-PDS-Pineline-Metallic_Cleaner_ENG_010612.pdf

I worked on my new front suspension install. I had to stop because the coil spring compressor I rented out didn't work for installing the new ones. It worked great for taking the old ones out but not for installing the new ones. I need to get this done because I just ordered some new cragar ss rims with 255_60 15 and 205 65 15 bfgs to get put on along with a new alignment. The weather is finally getting nice I need to get this done so I can get it out for its first ride for the year.

Thanks again Lake.

Getting ready for St. Augustine MCA show in 2 weeks. Man, it takes a long time to clean a car. Had a friend over yesterday who is my mustang guru and we spent 5 hours going over the car against the rules. He had great feedback and I have a list of stuff still to do. Really want to make this a great first showing of the car. Things may not go as hoped, but we all know there is always room for improvement.

Couple shots. Noticing 2 things missing????? They better get done by my painter who has had them 3 weeks. ARGH!!!!!!!

IMG_0332.thumb.JPG.c40505462a7d3bddff3021631d67b4ef.JPG

IMG_0331.thumb.JPG.ef484827751d00c8124e6e31b990dc21.JPG

IMG_0334.thumb.JPG.4e9aed5c961355b71ce92e94ebe353ed.JPG

IMG_0335.thumb.JPG.19b38163ef9d8526d4e7dd3215be42b5.JPG

IMG_0336.thumb.JPG.53e1814fc8b596e004827e4a81b5d581.JPG

BKDunha

72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse driven restoration)

67 S-Code Factory GT with 4-Spd

68 Mercury Cyclone (Pro-Street project)

I had a really bad day. Got the 73 vert back to where the dash was in and all wiring plugged in. Got the MSD all wired and charged the battery and put in and hooked up. NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORKED! No lights, nothing. Going to drink and sleep on it tonight I did something totally wrong somewhere. I hate wiring give me mechanical. So much for driving to swap meet on Thursday it has sat for 25 years.

David

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

I had a really bad day. Got the 73 vert back to where the dash was in and all wiring plugged in. Got the MSD all wired and charged the battery and put in and hooked up. NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WORKED! No lights, nothing. Going to drink and sleep on it tonight I did something totally wrong somewhere. I hate wiring give me mechanical. So much for driving to swap meet on Thursday it has sat for 25 years.

David

Prob something simple. A missed plug or disconnected wire?

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

David

Prob something simple. A missed plug or disconnected wire?

I know the problem already!!! You drank after you were done. That needs to be done during the install!! ::beer::

Im sure you will figure it out.... good luck::thumb::

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

I finally got my new Blue Thunder intake on. Install went pretty good, just had to re stab distributor. The front of the intake is so tall, I had to move distributor about 2-3 teeth. I couldn't get the cap on because one of the hold down straps was hitting the intake.

I also noticed that the PO had installed two oil deflectors w/the tabs facing the wrong way. Turned those around, so should be good to go.

I'm thinking while I have stuff apart I might as well install new plugs, wires & I have a new distributor cap to on too. It never ends, the fun I mean! Here are a couple pics of the BT intake.

20170531_163107.thumb.jpg.1d9280b7bbda64495d2fb711606f435f.jpg

1758698458_IMG_12011.thumb.JPG.7083f8a7302e04e263755819195e00b3.JPG

John - 72 Q Code

Had some time to work on the car tonight. Got the new brake booster and master cylinder installed. Plus got the coils and shocks back in.

1971 Mustang Grande, 351 Cleveland 2v, C6, 9"

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Weiand Xcelerator intake

-Long Tube Headers

-Boss Hogg "Street Bandit"

My Build

Got wheels ready

OMFG - those are SO sexy!! ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

-----

BK - that thing is GORGEOUS!!! Lovin' the Sport Covers! ::thumb::

-----

OK, my news. Texas DMV in Abilene put all my paperwork in the mail on Monday, so I should have it this afternoon. Then I just have to go back to the local DMV and get it registered... finally!

Also got an e-mail from Summit Racing informing me that my 15x10 Cragar S/Ss with 5.5" custom backspacing shipped, and should be here tomorrow evening!

So basically, I need to take a long lunch to get the registration taken care of and get my chores done before the weekend so I can swap out the rims, adjust the AOD's TV cable (shifting a bit early at low speeds), and maybe take it for a spin. I'm thinking a trip to Sonic with the wife might be first order of business. :D

Eric

mach1sig2.gif