What did you do to your car today?

droptop73

Went for a wheel alignment, didn't happen due to idler and pitman arms being worn. Went to get exhaust changed out from the flow masters, didn't happen because they didn't have a bender. The alignment I get but I had made an appointment for both of these things.

On the plus side I got the starter wired correctly. Powermaster sent me another wiring diagram to try and it worked perfectly, no more half a second hangup.

1971 Mustang Grande, 351 Cleveland 2v, C6, 9"

-Fitech EFI

-Comp Cams 284hr

-Aussie Heads

-Weiand Xcelerator intake

-Long Tube Headers

-Boss Hogg "Street Bandit"

My Build

Took some coke and tinfoil to the wheels today, and hosed the crap off. Made a big difference

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coke and tin foil? Really? I've never heard of that before. Looks like it worked pretty well.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Coke and tin foil? Really? I've never heard of that before. Looks like it worked pretty well.

worked better than some of the stuff i bought, still rubbed mothers in after but the coke helped get off the surface rust and actually did a nice shine too it. figure the mothers will help it last

worked better than some of the stuff i bought, still rubbed mothers in after but the coke helped get off the surface rust and actually did a nice shine too it. figure the mothers will help it last

S.O.S soap pad works very well.

- Mike

I've had good luck using a magic eraser on some aluminum wheels in the past to removed baked on brake dust and road grime. Never tried it on chrome though.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Took some coke and tinfoil to the wheels today, and hosed the crap off. Made a big difference

Rum and coke works well, at least for the first 1-2 hours depending upon how much you use and can still keep focus...lollerz

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

cactus.jpg.92e5d9d8700abc0ed60c8ccb3426248e.jpg

Rum and coke works well, at least for the first 1-2 hours depending upon how much you use and can still keep focus...lollerz

Randy after drinking rum and coke for an hour EVERYTHING looks better.

After two hours ... who cares :D

It would be difficult to do with the tires on since they would float. I use molasses for cleaning anything with rust. You don't have to scrub with your hands just put it in the tank, barrel, container with the molasses and let it set. It will take the rust off leave the paint and chrome and no efforts except to wash off the molasses. It takes about two weeks for the average rusty mustang part. Pics I have posted before of Magnum 500 that sat in barn for 25 years or more. There was crusty rust on the inside and back of the rim with some on the chrome. Wheel looks great now. After cleaning I prepped the back side and inside and sprayed with clear to stop the rust. I just waxed the chrome to seal it. Mix feed grade molasses with water 9 to 1. So 5 gallons of molasses gets you 50 gallons of rust stripper. Not toxic, no effort, less than $20.00 for the five gallons. The cheap plastic barrels with lids work great. The big totes for bulk liquids with the top cut out lets you do about anything. Works on any ferrous metal have not put aluminum in to see what happens.

It will clean a brake drum or rotor spotless, exhaust manifolds, engine blocks without oil or grease. WILL NOT TAKE OIL OR GREASE OFF.

I do like the rum also Midlife. Went to Cuba last year and their Havana Club rum is the best.

I am over my limit on pictures just do a search of the site for Molasses and I am sure some pictures will come up.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Wow yes I just love those wheels 😎[TONGUE][THUMBS UP SIGN] Regards Lars

Sendt fra min E2303 med Tapatalk

So I'm a proud owner of one Mach 1 73! Regards Lars DK73:whistling:

Pulled the headers off. One is from a 72 and one is from a 73.

6b85102d-2e4c-42d0-8706-fcd7be2fdf28_zpsgwedoa8s.jpg

94120128-b25c-41ee-bdef-26738ffe369f_zpsst97eywz.jpg

Looks like it's been repaired.

Tim

Thanks

Tim

Tucson, Az

1973 SportsRoof

351C bored .040

Crank .020  and Stock cam

Flattop pistons

Edelbrock 4bbl CARB 800 CFM ELEC CHOKE

Edelbrock Performer 2750 Intake Manifold

NewPrimedHood_zpsw2jaj0cu.jpg

Nice Job!!!

Great color on that stang.

Fixed left fender and painted it

Thanks

Tim

Tucson, Az

1973 SportsRoof

351C bored .040

Flattop pistons

On my way to my hometown for the first time (2011) since we pulled her out of the pasture. Stopping at the dealership that sold her to dad to take pictures and then a car show tomorrow. 4d9840484c7ed634ce0c24ea92eb4bb8.jpg

That's so cool!!!

Thanks

Tim

Tucson, Az

1973 SportsRoof

351C bored .040

Flattop pistons