What did you do to your car today?

i coundn't use the plastic scoop screens ..so I may modify them at a later  date and fit them in

THE WIND SHEILD COWBOY

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a kid, I offered to help my older Brother's friend fix his leaking PS hose on his '56 T-Bird. Not knowing that the PS hose is a special hose, i replaced it with a length of gas hose. As soon as he

I media blasted my exhaust manifolds in preparation for paint.  Before/after photo.  

After declaring my engine bay finished  (see separate thread) I took my car for a  shakedown drive, first time in 5 months, just 25 miles.  I was concerned after repairing the radiator, putting in new

Posted Images

i coundn't use the plastic scoop screens ..so I may modify them at a later  date and fit them in

I've always thought it would be cool to clean out the 'holes' between the honeycomb pattern on the plastic block-off plates and install them along with the Ram Air air scoops.  I'm pretty sure they won't fit without serious modification, though.  :shootself:

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Looks like you and stanglover have the same painter! Lol just kidding it’s still looking good Eric!

I had the wrong pattern too, was back to far from front edge, but I will insist that I see where they put the pattern b4 paint.

Yeah, I/we see this all the time and it's too bad. From the wrong shape to the wrong sheen, we see it all.

As I commented before, the mistake on mine wasn't just the painter, it was largely mine because although I told him 2" from the front, I forgot the 1" trim was not on the car, so I decided to suck it  up and just live with it. Most don't know anyway.

Geoff.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wheel.jpg

I sorted the problems with the horn after fitting this steering wheel... one of of my horns had a short   ::shrug::  that kept blowing fuses

wizzy.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=7211]Visit My Treasure chest[/button]

Master Cylinder + power booster and stainless brake tubes from CJ Pony ...all new

Not today exactly... done over a few days

Now he stops ...oh yes!...fluid leak gone.  ::thumb::

mas-cyl-powerbrk.jpg

wizzy.jpg

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=7211]Visit My Treasure chest[/button]

Master Cylinder + power booster and stainless brake tubes from CJ Pony ...all new

Not today exactly... done over a few days

Now he stops ...oh yes!...fluid leak gone.  ::thumb::

mas-cyl-powerbrk.jpg

If the master is a Scott Drake I hope you have better luck than me. Mine leaked just after 2 years of light use. When i disassembled it i noticed that the bore was very rough which i assume contributed to a quicker leakage. Now i am installing a Wilwood. More expensive, but high quality.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys 

Had a beer ::beer:: , fitted 3 point seat belts, had another beer ::beer:: , fitted CB...had another beer ::beer:: then tuned the CB antenna SWR to perfection and got a CB'r 9 miles away on a rig check, had another beer ::beer::  ...then polished the wheels,... cos I wasn't fit for doing much else  - then had another ...you guess ::beer::

work.jpg

wizzy.jpg

Hi guys 

Had a beer ::beer:: , fitted 3 point seat belts, had another beer ::beer:: , fitted CB...had another beer ::beer:: then tuned the CB antenna SWR to perfection and got a CB'r 9 miles away on a rig check, had another beer ::beer::  ...then polished the wheels,... cos I wasn't fit for doing much else  - then had another ...you guess ::beer::

work.jpg

Sounds like you had a great day!  

Very productive and as the day went on I'm sure you were having a great time! 

That's what it's all about! F*ck negativity!   ::beer::  Cheers!

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::

Yes ... I gave my gear stick ...pubes...  :whistling:

If anyone would like to know more about this modification - just mail me 

These hairs are actually out of a Jaguar XJS  (Jagwaarrr in Americanese)  or Aston Martin DB7 ...

I didn't like the rubber thing going on in there so opted for hair. 

Not standard ...but I don't give a ...  

::tease:: Just look at the nice way the hairs caress my stick

gear-knob.jpg

I think it's time for a  ::beer::

wizzy.jpg

Yes ... I gave my gear stick  ...pubes...  :whistling:

If anyone would like to know more about this modification - just mail me 

These hairs are actually out of a Jaguar XJS  (Jagwaarrr in Americanese)  or Aston Martin DB7 ...

I didn't like the rubber thing going on in there so adopted for hair. 

Not standard ...but I don't give a ...  

::tease:: Just look at the nice way the hairs caress my stick

gear-knob.jpg

I think it's time for a  ::beer::

I like it, looks cleaner and give an upscale look :bravo:

Life is short so my your road be a long one.

1sostatic,  $?>&*@...I was just fine sittin' here reading some posts, enjoying my coffee and staying warm. Then you just had to go and show your shifter where the hairs were caressing the stick!! Now I'm out of breath looking for my tools to pull my shifter bezel off.     :whistling:

That does look good and like 73basicstang said, it looks more upscale and you also won't have to worry about it tearing and deteriorating like the rubber version's do.   ::thumb::

Steve

No Officer...I really don't know how fast I was going, my speedometer stopped at 140!

Made this for connecting to my new radio when I install it. Gives the lighter bezel something to do and looks stock when not in use. Now I just have to figure out how to actually install it in the dash :chin:

Mustang-USB-Ports.jpg

Made this for connecting to my new radio when I install it. Gives the lighter bezel something to do and looks stock when not in use. Now I just have to figure out how to actually install it in the dash :chin:

Mustang-USB-Ports.jpg

Very clever!

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

I hugged it  :blush:

OK ...OK ... I have a problem  :-/

side-stang.jpg

wizzy.jpg

gear-knob.jpg

What did you use and how did you attach them... I did the same awhile ago buying some brushes from McMaster, bent them and epoxied them in, I remember it being a major PITA. So I am really curious about how yours went.

i like it way better than the rubber.

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

Mustang-USB-Ports.jpg

Way cool, I slide in a "lighter to USB adapter" to power my IPod

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

Mustang-USB-Ports.jpg

Very cool!

Mustang-USB-Ports.jpg

That's smuckin' fart!

Haven't touched the Mustang in a couple months, but lost the brakes on my '07 2500HD from rusty brake lines. Removed the bed to do the rear line and decided it was time to take care of the nastiness on the frame. Spent the weekend knocking rust off with a needle scaler and wire wheel. Thanks to the crummy steel GM used on the frame and the pure "death to metal" de-iceing spray they use on the roads here in CT, I think I knocked off about 40lbs. Next step is acid treating the frame and some Rust Bullet paint.

IMAG3562.jpg

IMAG3561.jpg

You couldn't customize the bezel to say USB? LOL, no seriously...this is really cool. Now...WHERE to put it?

It's going where the lighter was. Problem is that the lighter, now missing, is what holds the whole contraption to the dash. Gotta figure out how to grab on to the USB dongle without destroying it and without letting it spin. Maybe a couple of screws through the light compartment?

You couldn't customize the bezel to say USB? LOL, no seriously...this is really cool. Now...WHERE to put it?

It's going where the lighter was. Problem is that the lighter, now missing, is what holds the whole contraption to the dash. Gotta figure out how to grab on to the USB dongle without destroying it and without letting it spin. Maybe a couple of screws through the light compartment?

Any way you can slot it and use a clip like a door or trunk lock?

Stang1.jpg

Haven't touched the Mustang in a couple months, but lost the brakes on my '07 2500HD from rusty brake lines. Removed the bed to do the rear line and decided it was time to take care of the nastiness on the frame. Spent the weekend knocking rust off with a needle scaler and wire wheel. Thanks to the crummy steel GM used on the frame and the pure "death to metal" de-iceing spray they use on the roads here in CT, I think I knocked off about 40lbs.  Next step is acid treating the frame and some Rust Bullet paint.

IMAG3562.jpg

IMAG3561.jpg

I can hear it rusting away all the way down here in Florida! lollerz

Let me check your shorts!

http://midlifeharness.com

Flamicon2.jpg

http://www.7173mustangs.com/banners/oldfart.png