What did you do to your car today?

droptop73

Adjusted the hood latches.  Click CLICK and she closes.  Adjusted bumper heights, installed and adjusted twist locks.

Struggled with marker light fasteners, took a snooze on the front porch....

kcmash

Still very impressed with my alignment of the front end sheet metal!

20190825-223137.jpg

20190825-223123.jpg

20190825-223034.jpg

That does look fantastic better than original. The layout of the hood paint does look lots closer than most just a little shiny. You just cannot get the original look with the paint available today. Here is a pic of my original hood to compare to. Did you purchase a template or just lay it out?DSC-0967.jpg

100-2218.jpg

My painter had done a rubbing of an original hood.  He is a perfectionist.  So I can never tell the difference from the original.  This was painted 14 years ago with the PPG Delstar Acrylic paint before it went obsolete.

Now If I can find a reasonable deal on painting the lower front fenders, I will be home free...

kcmash

Started the day intending to play with different options for firming up the foam / spring supports of the driver seat.  We put new ACC foam in it when we had the seat covers replaced, but its always been too soft for me. After unwrapping and removing the foam, I found that the seat pan is in really bad shape.  Multiple cracks, and evidence of previous repairs. I understand this is a problem area for this seat, but wow, this is close to folding over.  

We all know the drill, one project begets another...looks like me and Mr.Miller 140 will be gettin' busy in prep for blast and paint.  :P

Seat-Pan-1.jpg

Seat-Pan-2.jpg

Seat-Pan-3.jpg

Oh... that brings back memories... My J Code Vert has its original front seats removed in the mid-70’s and replaced with Mustang II bucket seats. The dealer I bought the car from put “new” recovered 71 white seats in. Of course, when I tore everything down, the two seats he had installed new white covers over were like your’s except more rust... I had them sand blasted and a good welder repair the cracks and then the seats were powder coated black. Looked great when I sent them out for another new white cover seat set, but this time, I have confidence in the hidden aspect... 

Even my low mile original Green Vert driver seat had issues when I got it. I suspect the long term original owner was a big boy... At least this time it was just a good weld repair necessary and I reinstalled the original seat covers. I hate that feel in these original bucket seats when you lean back and the seat back keeps on going back...

You were wise to correct the issues now.

"Yes dear", has kept me in the hobby a long time...

Installed the front bumper.

Tried to get the choke working on the car.  Need some screws for that

Made some sill plate supports from foam core board since the original stuff is smoked! Picture 1.  Picture 2.  Wll that wire work for an electric choke connection?

20190830-162730.jpg

upload image

20190830-213939.jpg

I went golfing with the family. Two golf bags and two carts in the trunk, plus the spare.

20190901-174109.jpg

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Went out to a local car show today, benefitting charities that help homeless veterans.  Didn't place (only 13 trophies, and over 50 cars), but I had fun hangin' with the guys.

IMG_0499.jpg

Facebook's being a jerk about allowing outsiders to connect - I'll post up a link to another online gallery later.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

On Sunday I made it to a car show about an hour from here. After looking at the radar and forecast I thought it was clear, but I was very wrong (no future as a weather man, even though they are mostly wrong). It started drizzling 10 minutes before getting there and for the next two hours. It was a miserable car show weather. The cars got soaked, but what can you do when you are 65 miles away. I got into the slightly modified street car from 1960 to 1980. They had a Mustang class but it was for stock. Out of the seven in my class I got third and my first trophy. It was more of a judge's choice rather that real judging. He was not interested on the interior and quickly looked at the engine bay. Not much he can do to check the exterior due to it being wet. After all, it was a good chance to talk to other car people. There was a yellow 71 Mach 1 in the Mustang class but every time I will stop by I couldn't find the owner.

It was a "good" 130 mile day. No water leaks and I was able to test how little traction I have when wet. Couldn't touch the gas pedal too much in second gear before the tires went lose.

20190908-123317.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

Picked the ride up from the upholstery shop. Had a headliner made. Used the same material as modern Mustang ragtops:

DSC_0860.jpg

DSC_0859.jpg

DSC_0858.jpg

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

Took to show and got arrested  :huh:   I argued with the guy I had no shine in the trunk  :-/

cop1.jpg

I wasn't even running moonshine.  :chin:

still got the cuffs   :jawdrop:

cop.jpg

71 73 mustangs are now top suspects  :-/

sig2.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

Fitted left side engine mount

Fitted Gearbox and found its still not right , so tomorrow its gearbox out again

Wired up engine and various sensors.

Flushed power steering by using the "turn by hand" method

Installed a water temp gauge....cant hurt.

Tuoday was productive.

Raditator mount made

Water hoses hooked up

Alternator wired up

Cleaned and neatedned uop

Distributor timed

Plug leads all fitted according to firing order

IMG-20190929-WA0003.jpg

DSC-0108.jpg

DSC-0103.jpg

DSC-0109.jpg

DSC-0100.jpg

DSC-0110.jpg

DSC-0107.jpg

IMG-20190928-WA0007.jpg

Had a left turn light bulb in the dash out, pulled the dash cover and had to order green LED wedge bulbs. Remembered there was a small rattle in the dash (only at stop lights away from the house) so that needed to be fixed. Speedometer jumped so had a spare Speedo cable to install.  Since I was there cut a hole in my replacement cluster bezel to install my trip reset button. Trip wheel numbers are gone so may need to send to Rocketman.  I really hope I don’t remember anything else.

Got my new Black Out plates. New offering in Iowa. I like them and got a good plate number.

0-E67376-F-4-C83-4-D9-A-B3-B1-9-D9-A74-D64-AA5.jpg

image upload

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

Last Saturday: Took Frank to a local car show.  Didn't win anything, but had a great time.  My friend Jordan Barnett (Auron73Mach1) bought my pal Jim's '63 1/2 Galaxie 500 XL, got it running, and brought it out to the show.  It was good to see it finally out on the road.  He's planning on continuing the vision Jim had for the car... I can't wait to see what he comes up with.

IMG_0600.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0599.jpg

Monday: I ordered a new horn/mounting kit for my Jeep's Grant Challenger steering wheel, along with a new Mustang hat and complete set of lug nuts (since I can't seem to find the nice ones I ordered for the Mustang awhile back - lost somewhere in the garage).  It all just showed up a few minutes ago.  Wow - Summit Racing, knocking it out of the park again! ::thumb::

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Removed the pedal assembly  from my Q code. Disassembled it completely and soaked all of the metal parts in Evapo-Rust. Installed the Mustang Steve roller bearing kit and painted everything with Eastwood chassis black. Installed new pedal pads with trim rings. I think it came out pretty good.

Here are the before pics,

IMG-0528.jpgIMG-0529.jpg

[/url]free photo hostIMG-0530.jpgIMG-0531.jpg

Here are the after pics,

IMG-0585.jpgIMG-0586.jpgIMG-0587.jpgIMG-0588.jpg

interactive coin flip

Just remember John Wick didn’t kill all those people for a random car. It was a Mustang

Removed the pedal assembly  from my Q code. Disassembled it completely and soaked all of the metal parts in Evapo-Rust. Installed the Mustang Steve roller bearing kit and painted everything with Eastwood chassis black. Installed new pedal pads with trim rings. I think it came out pretty good.

Nice job! Looks better than new.