What did you do to your car today?

Went for a 25 mile drive and bedded the brakes. I have been taking it easy since I have new rear brakes, until I am confident all is good.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was going to adjust the headlights but ended up having a staring contest and I lost.     I'll try again tomorrow.

As a kid, I offered to help my older Brother's friend fix his leaking PS hose on his '56 T-Bird. Not knowing that the PS hose is a special hose, i replaced it with a length of gas hose. As soon as he

Good idea.  Where did you get the power from - straight off the battery or from the main feed to the cars fuse box.

Posted Images

Final adjustments on the Duraspark system I installed over the last month or so. I completed the re-curve of the distributor and verified the timing is correct. I then re-adjusted the passenger side window to stop the dreaded weatherstrip whistle while waiting for anti-rattle clips for the driver side.

Its amazing how much you can get done while staying home.....

Thanks, Jay

Ordered some sheet metal online in preparation to fabricate a patch panel for the rusty lower cowl. Also finished off the fitting of my new centre dash map light.

Hopefully get some more welds on my rear floorpan tonight. Just gotta get home before dark and before the rain, so I am able to do some hammering and grinding early and the neighbors don't have to hear me and the kiddos don't get woke up.

I want to get started on the cowl but don 't want to start cutting before I'm done with the floor. One thing at a time.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-mach-1]Visit My Garage[/button]

Put a new battery in my Mach 1. I stopped and grabbed a pizza on the way home from a drive the other day. When I came back out to start the car it barely turned over. I got a jump from some guys that were in the parking lot, and they even had cables! Lol

It’s been acting up a bit ever since the end of last year. Plus I have more compression with my new engine build from last year too. The battery was in the car when I bought it 6 years ago and it’s actually 8 years old, so it is time for a new one. Not getting stranded somewhere again.

I bought a battery from NAPA and made sure it was made in USA.

E1035-EED-EA8-F-4-AD6-90-FE-69-D44-A824-C23.jpg

0-B7-A341-F-E757-4535-9122-B92880-E15370.jpg

E84305-FC-F381-4-EF6-A45-F-922-B00-DC100-B.jpg

John - 72 Q Code

Put a new master cylinder on "Heavy Metal"......of coarse I need n adapter fitting for the rear brake line.

The rear fitting in new master cylinder is 3/8-24 and the OEM line is 7/16-24.....gotta love it.

Some days you need patience......and alot of beer..... ::beer::

Today i tig welded my rusty battery tray, put in a new red top optima, and fired it up for the first time in probably 2 yrs.

Well that sucks!  Anyone know how to remove the vinyl stripes?  Trunk stripe went on crooked.  My fault.

So I did a couple of things wrong,

1) I didn't add enough Dawn to my spray bottle for enough decal slip

2) I didn't align the trunk stripe the end cap stripes before applying the trunk stripe. Ended up wandering up higher on the drivers side of the deck lid.

3) I didn't watch the outside temperature or weather.  So it got really windy and made it tough to keep the long trunk stripe wet enough to align.

So I ended up using a heat gun and patience to remove the trunk stripe.  Need to order a replacement.  Not sure if I should pay a bodyshop to apply from here, or see if I learned my lesson.

Kcmash

If you just take your time and get them hung in place from the top edge of the backing material you can do it. I would not do outside just because of the wind. Once you get them hung with masking tape check and double check before you pull the backing. The soap solution is only way to ever move them if a dry surface and they touch they are stuck. Longer stripes you need a helper someone to peel the backing while you hold it. Think about putting a screaming chicken on a firebird hood.

I watched that video of the Firechicken install on youtube.  I thought this would be easier.

Where should I get my replacement stripes?  Since I screwed up this trunk stripe.  The Mach 1 Logos went nicely. Need to get replacement argent stripes for the Trunk and 1/4 caps.

I am really worried about a top end hang for the 90 degree decals.(Front of front fenders and 1/4 caps.  I think i have a better soap mix now.  I was outside for the sun and heat to help.  I have learned my lesson now.  Next attempt (if I do it) will be in the center garage bay with a full day to hang and double check.  May have a challenge finding reliable help.

Videos on line tape the long stripes with a hinge on the lower edge  for the long stripes.  that way gravity works for you as you peel the backing.  Your thoughts on that?

I have only put stripes on 65 and 1984 but same situation. I do not understand why you would come up and not down. I had them hanging down got all lined up put the soap on and pulled backing and brought the stripes down into position and wiped them on with squeegee. 

I was on ebay today and saw just the trunk stripes there might be what you need.

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Today i tig welded my rusty battery tray, put in a new red top optima, and fired it up for the first time in probably 2 yrs.

How did she run? hopefully Like a scared cat  :D.

Big milestone for me today.  Got the rear seat in.  What a pia.  Only have the back side of the passenger seat to reupholster and the door panels then the interior is DONE!  ::thumb::

20200427-131331-resized.jpg

20200502-152933-resized.jpg

20200502-153808-resized.jpg

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

How did she run? hopefully Like a scared cat 

2 of the wires were mixed up after that was sorted out i was pleasantly surprised

Big milestone for me today.  Got the rear seat in.  What a pia.  Only have the back side of the passenger seat to reupholster and the door panels then the interior is DONE!  ::thumb::

AHH....... now thats purdy. Is the bucket stripes factory color? Mine is vermillion red with black stripes. Still savin to get them thar covers for Sallys car :-) I bet your excited to get the inside done? I know, I am.

AHH....... now thats purdy. Is the bucket stripes factory color? Mine is vermillion red with black stripes. Still savin to get them thar covers for Sallys car :-) I bet your excited to get the inside done? I know, I am.

Yes they are. TMI vermillion.  Almost there.  I have doing reupholstering but I'm almost done.  I'm about 2 weeks away from being completely done with the car.

Kilgon

Kilgon.......Wish I was 2 weeks away from completion. Sounds like you need a road trip? Come on out to beautiful Idaho for a fudge sunday. I'll buy ;-)

Struggling to get the door windows adjusted properly to stop the dreaded air whistle. I think I am close......

Now for a little road trip with my lovely to see our beautiful daughter.

Thanks, Jay

Got my H pipe on along with a glass pack on each side before the muffler.

20200505-161130-resized.jpg

20200506-161308-resized.jpg

As usual on my back wishing I was 20 years younger.  :D   And yes the girls in the neighborhood are hotter now days compare to when I was 20 years younger! lollerz

Kilgon

Got my H pipe on along with a glass pack on each side before the muffler.

20200505-161130-resized.jpg

20200506-161308-resized.jpg

As usual on my back wishing I was 20 years younger.  :D   And yes the girls in the neighborhood are hotter now days compare to when I was 20 years younger! lollerz

Hey girls .... are you impressed? ... look at Kilgon's HUGE pipe   ;)

• Like 1

wizzy.jpg

Enjoy's searching out 71-73 history

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=7211]Visit My Treasure chest[/button]

My Mach 1 has got the roadworthiness certificate without any deficiencies.

She's legally back on the roads for the next two years. :D 20200505-153132.jpg

Frank

1972 Mach 1, 351C-2V, wimbledon white, blue all vinyl luxury

born in Dearborn, grown in the district of San José, spent a lifetime in California, moved to Germany in 2010

Mustang_Mach1_wallpaper_300_150.jpg proud member of clublogozusammen.JPG.59fb4a10d15cfff9ec756235059135b8.JPG

No pics here but I replaced my headlight switch, replaced the cluster lights with LEDs and replaced the bulbs behind the switches in the lower dash. I didn't know there were lights there until I replaced the headlight switch. LOL!!!

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Got the horns to work. (Plugged them in)

Fixed the brake light switch problem.  (Put the retainer clip in)

Did some diagnosis on the steering box problem.

Screwed up my carb settings.  Its running like crap now!

kcmash

I took the car out first drive in years , pulled into the parking lot to get beer and heard the loudest bang which was something in the dif deciding it didnt want to live anymore. Bummer about the diff but pretty happy i got it running.

Made some stands for the doors so I can strip them down to the shell and get them ready for paint.

I mirrored one of the parts on accident... See if you can find it.

1-C9-F88-DA-A8-D2-4-C61-BC1-B-6748-F15-F22-CB.jpg

• Like 1

Not a thing! :D

Kilgon