What did you do to your car today?

Had the old snowball effect hit me on Tuesday.  I'm within a week of finishing the car and decided to fix a header leak I've been putting off.  While removing the header I happen to notice a wet spot on the intake.  After investigating I discovered that the intake gasket is leaking.  So off comes the manifold.  Leaking for a while and ate a little depression in the manifold.  Filled in with some JB Weld.  Actually a blessing in disguise.  Forgot that the distributor gear is brass and the mustang gods were looking over me.  As picture shows it was just about to go.  While I was this far into it I decided to pull the radiator and get it re-core.  Was going to do it several years ago but was hoarding my cash.  Figured since the virus I have saved a ton by not going out to eat and other things we haven't been doing so I go ahead and get it done. So all parts are on order and should have in the next few days.  So today I cleaned up a few things and painted the fan blade.

20200511-113242-resized.jpg

20200513-124927-resized.jpg

Filled in with JB Weld

20200511-104756-resized.jpg

Teeth are extremely worn. Lucky I caught it.

20200514-180024-resized.jpg

Fresh coat of paint and a little elbow grease.

• Like 2

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was going to adjust the headlights but ended up having a staring contest and I lost.     I'll try again tomorrow.

As a kid, I offered to help my older Brother's friend fix his leaking PS hose on his '56 T-Bird. Not knowing that the PS hose is a special hose, i replaced it with a length of gas hose. As soon as he

Good idea.  Where did you get the power from - straight off the battery or from the main feed to the cars fuse box.

Posted Images

Put in a new glove box liner and accessory fuse box. This will be for my dash cam, backup cam and the radio. My car came with a old style looking bluetooth audidounds radio that the prior owner had just jumped from a glass fuse so I have that on this block also. When I put in a console I may run a hot wire there for a future something.

20200515-193706.jpg yes

• Like 1

Put in a new glove box liner and accessory fuse box.  This will be for my dash cam, backup cam and the radio.  My car came with a old style looking bluetooth audidounds radio that the prior owner had just jumped from a glass fuse so I have that on this block also.  When I put in a console I may run a hot wire there for a future something.

20200515-193706.jpg yes

Good idea.  Where did you get the power from - straight off the battery or from the main feed to the cars fuse box.

• Like 1

Kilgon

Running from the accessory post on the car fuse box, all items on my add on fuse box are low draw and this way those items are running are on switched power.

IPO

Running from the accessory post on the car fuse box, all items on my add on fuse box are low draw and this way those items are running are on switched power.

IPO

Thanks for the info

Kilgon

Fixed the marker light recess on the repop quarter panel patches.  95% of the time was spent making the tool to do the job and 5% was actually doing the work.  Pretty happy with the results!

BDA037-C5-0-B25-4-B1-B-B475-5-F3-C376-D5-D0-F.jpg

4-B101-C5-F-6-BA7-41-F1-A597-2-BDC0-CB54-E73.jpg

45-AA8538-CFA7-446-C-8-F4-A-C0927-DBAA8-A2.jpg

69-C3-E45-E-891-F-4-E7-D-8232-A921-E8-DC4-E01.jpg

BB29-DCC7-5339-4201-97-DA-E0-A28-C23-EAD7.jpg

• Like 1

Fixed the marker light recess on the repop quarter panel patches.  95% of the time was spent making the tool to do the job and 5% was actually doing the work.  Pretty happy with the results!

Nice work.  You have to be inventive to fix some of the problems we run into.

Kilgon

Nice work!

- Mike

When cruising with some friends. One of them has a 2013 Mustang with headers, intake and other mods. He claims about 425 at the wheels. I was right there on his tail at full power. At about 80 mph is when he started pulling away ever so slowly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

When cruising with some friends. One of them has a 2013 Mustang with headers, intake and other mods. He claims about 425 at the wheels. I was right there on his tail at full power. At about 80 mph is when he started pulling away ever so slowly.

For many car guys, the wish is usually the father of the thought when indicating the horsepower at the wheels. :whistling:

Cheers Frank

1972 Mach 1, 351C-2V, wimbledon white, blue all vinyl luxury

born in Dearborn, grown in the district of San José, spent a lifetime in California, moved to Germany in 2010

Mustang_Mach1_wallpaper_300_150.jpg proud member of clublogozusammen.JPG.59fb4a10d15cfff9ec756235059135b8.JPG

Waiting on my new timing light to arrive, so did one of my planned side projects. Added a rear camera-rear view mirror. It can split screen front and back, or just do back, or just do front. Can be tied into reverse lights also. Can record HD video to the 132GB Micro SD Card. Has GPS based vehicle speed. A security feature that starts recording if the car is rocked or bumped also. I really like it. Was about $100 on Amazon if I remember right. I can get the info if anyone is interested.

Off

1.jpg

On

2.jpg

Wire down from headliner

3.jpg

Rear location. Went out the same hole as the license plate light. No drilling.

4.jpg

Yes Please!  I'm tired of my Pyle Audio monitor - it's too big and clunky.  This looks a LOT nicer!

Oh, and took the Mustang out for spin and safety inspection yesterday.  Passed, of course, and got the attention of some retired Sheriff's Deputies at my favorite local car wash (went by to see how long they were open to get the wife's car done).  "Accidentally" did a little burn-out leaving the place - the owner later told me his friends he was talking to when I went by were retired Deputies and they thought it was pretty cool, actually.  Must've been OK, since nobody tracked me down to talk about it.  LOL!

Sorry for the delay. Here is the link. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WVXLSFR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And you will want this.

https://www.amazon.com/Hardwire-Dashcam-Plozoe-Installation-Tool%EF%BC%8811-5ft%EF%BC%89/dp/B07FXJD8W1/ref=pd_bxgy_img_2/139-4324421-8592447?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07FXJD8W1&pd_rd_r=61a6499b-9fca-4bb9-93cf-1a586092a168&pd_rd_w=YNjpd&pd_rd_wg=LMd6r&pf_rd_p=7a6bc5c0-cfeb-4154-b2f9-fb32e87e9c63&pf_rd_r=YXZB8BP0ANPHSHCX63AN&psc=1&refRID=YXZB8BP0ANPHSHCX63AN

And this.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XWZWYVP/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Chris - Born in '73 - Drive a '73

Former Mechanic U.S. Army

1st Infantry Division - The Big Red One

BIG RED MACH 1

Learning a lesson (or three) on the Cleveland every day.

BIG RED MACH 1

Tony why didn't you hit the GO   button    :P

Ohio Mustang Supply

440-949-2556

oms_sig_banner.jpg

When I redid my suspension I didn't replace the sway bar bushings. I don't know if my sway bar is stock or not but I had to take measurements and order the proper universal urethane bushings and links. I also replaced the top bushing of the the shackle with urethane ones. I left the bottom one rubber.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

• 2 weeks later...

Went on a much needed drive and “date” with the wife. Also, got this picture from a show last year. May be my favorite picture of my car.

c40ecc98c63388205a3d846d6ef7591d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went on a much needed drive and “date” with the wife. Also, got this picture from a show last year. May be my favorite picture of my car.

c40ecc98c63388205a3d846d6ef7591d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is a sweet picture

Ohio Mustang Supply

440-949-2556

oms_sig_banner.jpg

Took the mustang to the 4th annual mustang invasion today. Was in Oskaloosa IA. About 225 miles round trip. Car ran great. About 90 of us from this part of the state met up and cruised there together. Ended up with over 300 mustangs there. There were two other 73’s there. A Mach and a convertible, so with my coupe we had all three body styles represented for 73.

73 Grande H Code. Headman long tube headers, T-5 Transmission, 3.70 Traclok, Lowered 1" all around, Aussie 2v heads w/ 2.19 intake, 1.71 exhaust, screw in studs, full roller cam 608/612 lift 280/281 duration LSA 112, Quick Fuel 750 CFM double pumper, AirGap intake.

- Jason

082-hot-rod-power-tour-2017-1970-1970s.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I did 3 things today. 

I watched my parts pile get bigger because when it's over 100 outside, I hate working in the garage. 

Inside in the A/C, I hogged out the guts of my 8 Track player that was inop. Probably took 7 pounds out of it. Those things are insanely heavy. It will sit in my dash hollowed out but with my Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon 8 Track in it just for show. The real stereo controlled by bluetooth on my phone will be in the glovebox. 

I put on my new 7173mustangs.com sticker. 

Lazy Sunday, but oh well. 

20200614_174907.jpg

20200614_174719.jpg

20200614_174743.jpg

• Like 1

BIG RED MACH 1

Chris, thank you for your service!!! 🇺🇸  Love the Floyd 8 track!

• Like 1

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::

1 hour ago, EBSTANG said:

Chris, thank you for your service!!! 🇺🇸  Love the Floyd 8 track!

You're welcome! 🇺🇸

Man, your Red 73 Q Code is exactly what I wish my 73 Red Q Code had under the hood. What intake are you running on that setup? Were you able to keep Ram-Air hooked up? 

BIG RED MACH 1

Edelbrock Air Gap Intake. I didn't ever have the stock ram air set up. I just took the plugs out of the hood and then added stainless steel wire mesh.

• Like 1

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::

Got the passenger side seat in. Almost done. Need to put on the mirrors, driver side door panel and stripes.

94m.jpg

Kilgon

On 6/16/2020 at 5:17 PM, EBSTANG said:

Edelbrock Air Gap Intake. I didn't ever have the stock ram air set up. I just took the plugs out of the hood and then added stainless steel wire mesh.

Curious if you have a pic of how it looks. Ive been tempted to just pull out the plugs too.

I took out the cluster and replaced the bulbs with LED's since it was fairly dim. And also took the time to give the lense a quick polish. 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Kilgon said:

Got the passenger side seat in. Almost done. Need to put on the mirrors, driver side door panel and stripes.

94m.jpg

LOOKING REALLY GOOD........Nice Job. 

• 2 weeks later...

Primed the oil pump on my personally rebuilted 351C 2v and was extremely happy with oil coming out of each rocker within about 30 seconds. Set the timing mark to 10 degrees BTC as I saw recommended bt Hemikiller in another thread. Set the distibutor at the number 1 spark plug and called it a day. Waiting on my new coil and some other brackets for accessories and hopefully will be starting it this upcoming week.  I have an engine cart and will be going through the break-in process before I install the engine. Wish me luck, will be around 20 years since she had had an engine in her.

Tom

20200626_195417.jpg