What did you do to your car today?

Took a little sunset cruise last night and stopped for a few pics.

DSC_0675.JPG

DSC_0671.JPG

DSC_0674.JPG

• Like 1
  • Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As a kid, I offered to help my older Brother's friend fix his leaking PS hose on his '56 T-Bird. Not knowing that the PS hose is a special hose, i replaced it with a length of gas hose. As soon as he

I media blasted my exhaust manifolds in preparation for paint.  Before/after photo.  

I was going to adjust the headlights but ended up having a staring contest and I lost.     I'll try again tomorrow.

Posted Images

On 8/28/2020 at 8:04 PM, jscott said:

con3.jpg

con2.jpg

con1.jpg

Did you make the bezel ? I really like that and would love to make something similar to fit with my standard housing. Can you give me some details of how it was made, some pics of the understand.

thanks

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

Finished my bumper and spoiler today.  When I got my Mustang the front bumper had the usual chips, cracked paint, etc.  I purchased a bumper kit, front and back and was going to go with the chrome front bumper.........until I saw those icky gray rubbery filler pieces needed for the chrome bumper to work.  Sooooooooooo, and keep in mind I am not good with paint and such, I did my best to fix my bumper.  The chips were not bad, just lots of them and very mild spider cracks in the paint.  I sanded it alll down and used PC7, which I had on hand to fill in the chips.  Sanded, sanded, primed with SEM flexible primer, 4 coats and then rattle can the correct 4Q paint 4 coats also.  3 coats of clear, wet sand and polish.  Not perfect by any means but a whole lot better then what it was and better then the chrome, I think, with those rubbery fillers.  Only time will tell.   I also painted and installed a new front spoiler.   No more rattle can paint for me, ordered a pint of the 4Q and will get a spray gun for future small projects.  Only could take pictures in the garage for now.

finbum6.jpg

finbum5.jpg

finbum8.jpg

finbum7.jpg

finbum4.jpg

finbum3.jpg

finbum2.jpg

finbum1.jpg

Edited by jscott
4 hours ago, jscott said:

Finished my bumper and spoiler today.  When I got my Mustang the front bumper had the usual chips, cracked paint, etc.  I purchased a bumper kit, front and back and was going to go with the chrome front bumper.........until I saw those icky gray rubbery filler pieces needed for the chrome bumper to work.  Sooooooooooo, and keep in mind I am not good with paint and such, I did my best to fix my bumper.  The chips were not bad, just lots of them a

Looks good to me.  From your pics can't tell any difference in color.  I  need to get my bumper redone.  Paint cracks along the back top side.  Will try the SEM flex primer.

Edited by Kilgon

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

Also got the hood installed.  Need to strip fenders again and get them on to fit everything.

20200926_160111_resized_1.jpg

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1988 Bronco II

2014 F150 Supercrew

omg....I have no business painting cars. Gonna have to learn but can anyone say "rework"? Runs galore.

20201004_182659.jpg

20201004_182649.jpg

20201004_182637.jpg

1988 Bronco II

2014 F150 Supercrew

I sold my 69 Mach 1 last month and am looking around for a nice 71/72 Mustang.

The other day I put deeper dish Torq Thrusts on my Challenger.

A66.jpg

• Like 2

Mark

Made up a bracket to mount an MSD coil and a terminal block in place of the starter solenoid.   Slowly putting the wiring back in the car and tweaking it to my build.  One of these days I will be able to start the car by turning a key in the ignition switch.

Nice Challenger. Fitting body panels. This is tedious. As the last pic shows....I am not done.

20201009_182000.jpg

20201009_181920.jpg

20201009_182107.jpg

1988 Bronco II

2014 F150 Supercrew

I was also trying to improve fit on drivers door on the Q vert build yesterday. I am going to have to pull door and hammer the hinge mount area looks like. Might have to split the quarter panel and pull top corner forward. Going to do some measuring from side to side. PO did sorry job putting quarter panel patch on. I do not really have time or money to pull off and start over. 

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

I made up an engine wiring harness, started out with an alloy metal products engine harness and commenced butchery to support my added gauges, relocated coil and electric choke.  

Tapped the side of an oil pressure switch riser to 1/8”NPT (so I could screw in 2 devices).  Got it mounted with a new pressure switch for the idiot light and a sender for my Westach oil pressure gauge.

Next I pulled apart the steering column and cleaned all the old grease out of it.  Took the upper parts of the column and prepped them for paint.

Last thing was a test fit of my old fan shroud.  It was a success so I bought a repop one.  I won’t feel bad putting rivets in a repop one...

A8B4B771-64FE-4D14-8A61-ADD5D1364CC6.jpeg

After installing the new Eaton Detroit Springs Boss 351 rear leaf springs last Monday in my 71 Mach1, then today installing the Fan Shroud I just picked up a couple days ago, I took the car out for a test drive on a beautiful sunny, but not so warm, day. I took a bunch of new pictures and will post some in my Garage on the forum. Now I just need to re-torque the U bolt nuts and double check everything. Another job done before it goes to bed for the winter.

See my related posts.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

After declaring my engine bay finished  (see separate thread) I took my car for a  shakedown drive, first time in 5 months, just 25 miles.  I was concerned after repairing the radiator, putting in new PS pump, alt, belts, this and that how it would run but she ran fine.  I was a bit concerned when I checked a couple of times and then when I got home that NOTHING was leaking.  I always thought with old cars if it is not leaking it must be empty but all my fluids check out ok.

• Like 2

I hate standing at blast cabinet. If you get you some molasses at feed store cost about $20.00 for 5 gallons mix 9 parts water and gets you 50 gallons. If you clean the oil off any ferrous metal and put in it will remove all the rust. Takes a couple weeks on something like a manifold but you do nothing but hang it up. I keep something in the tank all the time. I have a 275 gallon tank. 

• Like 1

When a man is in the woods and talks and no women are there is he still wrong??:P

David

Started my freshly rebuilt 351 Cleveland 2V on an engine run stand to break the cam in today. Started first turn over and never stalled. Ran it at about 2500 RPMs for 30 minutes, temp gauge was right around 180ish, Oil Pressure started around 80 and dropped down to about 70 when it got warmed up.  Next up is to dial in the timing and carb for best performance.  Here is a short 1 minute video I posted to YouTube earlier.

Tom

https://youtu.be/C-2toibQvPM

• Like 2

Drove my car this weekend and had a blast. I found some country roads along some farm fields that are awesome. BTW, our farm field roads here are like 1/2 a mile straight a 90 degree turn and then another 1/2 a mile. They can follow that pattern forever. Some of the 90 degree turns have decent banking and a lot of them have good visibility to know if there are cars coming. Needless to say I always follow the speed limit:whistling::whistling:

• Like 1

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

12 hours ago, Hemikiller said:

I found the floor in the garage.... :lollerz:

Oh, and ordered a combo b-day/xmas/illkickinsomehobbymoney gift for me, a Quickjack 7000SLX from Costco. :chili:

I envy you.  Let me know how it works.  I've been looking at them but have been hesitant to pull the trigger. 

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

The new harness for the old ragtop came in. I need to get the car up in the air and get going. 

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]