What did you do to your car today?

Sweet. :thumb:

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My car came with factory 8 Track, but the player was DOA. I wanted to keep the look, but integrate Bluetooth. So I bought a board on eBay that can easily power the 4 speakers. I hogged out the guts of

I media blasted my exhaust manifolds in preparation for paint.  Before/after photo.  

As a kid, I offered to help my older Brother's friend fix his leaking PS hose on his '56 T-Bird. Not knowing that the PS hose is a special hose, i replaced it with a length of gas hose. As soon as he

Posted Images

On 10/23/2020 at 8:25 AM, Idaho Chris said:

After:

20201022_133107.jpg

Wow... what a difference. Great job!

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

You do nice work Bentworker!!  

Today I worked a full day on the 68 stang. Thank you Don C for all your knowledge and help. Cant believe it took 12 hours to put on a clutch spring isolator to stop the squeaks.  Poor Don put up with my misbehavior's but kept on answering questions. You Da Man sir :thumb:  Thank you. 

Took mine on a last pre-snow drive here in Kansas City.

Our local vendor, Mustangs Plus will be closing at the end of this year.  Joe the owner has helped me find a lot of nice parts over the years, so I had to make sure he saw it before closing his doors.

Still need to figure out the vibration.  It feels like driveshaft or wheel bearing.

kcmash

Oh yeah,  picked up a super nice horn pad for a 2 spoke wheel, and a new passengers side bezel for the dash..

I am so sorry I haven't used/posted to this thread......mostly because I work on a large number of NON 71-73 cars on a daily basis!!    But since the prototype clone is finished and the 1967 C850 is leaving to have a ramp installed and painted, I will be moving a 1971 car I have owned 3 times wince 2001 into the garage next week to work on in the winter.

Mostly want to document the time as Chris Long will be visiting for a week in Feb to do the power windows.  (he has installed PW in about 9 cars , so he can do with his eyes closed)   This will be a repeat of 2017 when Bill, Chris and I assembled the Boss in a week.

Mark

71.jpg

Well unfortunately not much work on the car and won’t be doing any on it for a while. The mustang got kicked out of the garage for the winter to make room for other projects.  I put a 10’x20’ car port up today and put the mustang on the trailer and covered it.  I still need to get a couple tarps for the sides of the car port and another one to cover the car. I’m not too worried about the old girl being outside for the first time since I owned it because when it comes back in, it will be getting blown completely apart for repair.  Just a sad sight.  Can’t wait to get busy next summer on my new garage, HOPEFULLY!!!  

7A646BAE-EDA1-4E30-B4CC-64C9FA27C257.jpeg

2E439519-7334-46D2-A80A-02F9AEEB828A.jpeg

• Sad 1

Kevin
1971 Mach 1

408C Stroker - C4 w/3,000 stall - 8.8" Rear w/3.73's - Disc brakes all way around.

I got the column parts back from paint and put it together.  New bearing and NOS turn signal switch in it.  I put the Nardi wheel on it for mockup, hopefully it goes on permanent in the not so distant future.

7F95A00B-834A-4A16-BA83-A3675888972C.jpeg

• Like 1

that is  a nice steering wheel..............

73 ragtop, 1999 Mustang Bright Atlantic Blue Paint, Phoenix Engine 302-335HP,  Edelbrock Carb & Performer manifold; c4 with 2000 stall and shiftkit; 3:55 auburn limited slip differential, Hedman shorties; Car Chemistry Exhaust

Classic Air; Tilt Steering Wheel; 1999 Chrysler Sebring bucket Seats ; power windows;

I drove mine to work the last couple of days. Not typically possible in Michigan in November. 

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Well, I didn't actually do any work on my car,  but I did add some Sea Foam to the tank for winter, ran some through the carb, then took the wife out for her 70th Birthday cruise to blast out the cobwebs, I mean grunge in the fuel system, before putting it to bed for winter. Today may be the last time I have it out this year, but tomorrow looks fantastic too, so maybe one more time. I can't remember a November as warm, but we all know that can change in a heart beat. We may be shoveling snow next week just like we did last year in mid November.

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

On 10/31/2020 at 5:54 PM, Bentworker said:

I got the column parts back from paint and put it together.  New bearing and NOS turn signal switch in it.  I put the Nardi wheel on it for mockup, hopefully it goes on permanent in the not so distant future.

7F95A00B-834A-4A16-BA83-A3675888972C.jpeg

I like that wheel also!  Would you mind sharing what product stock #s it takes to get a good fitment? I would assume it will fit 71-73 stangs? 

Took my wife and youngest daughter for a 2 hour cruise this afternoon. Weather was perfect and we all had a great time. Lots of classic cars and motorcycles out today.

73 conv. 460, D0VE large valve heads, Performer RPM manifold, Voodoo 227/233 cam, Holley 950 HP carb, C6 trans, 3.25 trak-loc.

38 minutes ago, machattack said:

I like that wheel also!  Would you mind sharing what product stock #s it takes to get a good fitment? I would assume it will fit 71-73 stangs? 

The steering wheel is a Nardi 5069.35.2000 Deep Corn 350 Wood (made in Italy). Watch out for imposter / fake Nardi wheels.  Make sure you get a double terminal horn button.  The adapter is a Nardi Ford Multi-Fit COD 4302.14.8501

It is every bit as nice in person as it is in the photo.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Bentworker said:

The steering wheel is a Nardi 5069.35.2000 Deep Corn 350 Wood (made in Italy). Watch out for imposter / fake Nardi wheels.  Make sure you get a double terminal horn button.  The adapter is a Nardi Ford Multi-Fit COD 4302.14.8501

It is every bit as nice in person as it is in the photo.  

Thank you for the info, I appreciate that!!! . Christmas is coming maybe (cross fingers) Santa will get me one?  WEW......are they really $350.00 plus adapter?  Maybe I should dig deeper for a cheaper supplier?

Sure is PURDY.......  huh :-)

44 minutes ago, machattack said:

Thank you for the info, I appreciate that!!! . Christmas is coming maybe (cross fingers) Santa will get me one?  WEW......are they really $350.00 plus adapter?  Maybe I should dig deeper for a cheaper supplier?

Sure is PURDY.......  huh :-)

Yeah- they are expensive. I figure if you are going to be behind the wheel you might as well be behind one you really like.  

Well , this weekend was fun , for the first time since 1987 my stang ran under it own power. I picked it up from the "specailists" and figured out I know more then they do. 

1. Gearbox rebuild later, countless hours on timing , rough set the geometry and drove her back to my place. 

Got there and the right rear was smoking....DUH they were meant to adjust the brakes .

For now its running , off to the alignment guys in the week , then final body work . Still need to figure out the front bumper and put the door panels on.

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-08 at 16.00.21.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-11-08 at 16.00.22.jpeg

I helped a friend to install a new alternator and regulator to his 67 convertible, then had a nice cruise and taking some pictures close to an old castle from 16th century.

117713455_WhatsAppImage2020-11-07at14_46_41.thumb.jpeg.bcf20576139630844810fda6fdadaf2e.jpeg

Cheers Frank

1972 Mach 1, 351C-2V, wimbledon white, blue all vinyl luxury

born in Dearborn, grown in the district of San José, spent a lifetime in California, moved to Germany in 2010

Mustang_Mach1_wallpaper_300_150.jpg proud member of clublogozusammen.JPG.59fb4a10d15cfff9ec756235059135b8.JPG

paint, paint and more paint. I am getting closer to having entire car smoothed and ready for color.20201108_211336.thumb.jpg.0dc09830c8be466bc69238a06f0d4a45.jpg

• Like 1

Wisdom, knowledge and intelligence are three very different things.

1971 convertible, H-code, Ram Air

1971 Mach I, M-code, Ram Air

1988 Bronco II

2014 F150 Supercrew