What did you do to your car today?

Dropped a bunch of parts off at the machine shop. My short block is assembled and he's waiting on parts for the heads. Those should be in this week and then it's assembly and finishing assembly of the engine. Had to notch my pan to clear one tube on the Hookers, they clear a stock core pan just fine, but mine is a fully fabricated unit. 

351c head.jpg

351c fabbed oil pan.jpg

• Like 2

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I media blasted my exhaust manifolds in preparation for paint.  Before/after photo.  

As a kid, I offered to help my older Brother's friend fix his leaking PS hose on his '56 T-Bird. Not knowing that the PS hose is a special hose, i replaced it with a length of gas hose. As soon as he

After declaring my engine bay finished  (see separate thread) I took my car for a  shakedown drive, first time in 5 months, just 25 miles.  I was concerned after repairing the radiator, putting in new

Posted Images

Nice welding job! Chuck

Sad day yesterday, time to put the old girl to bed for winter. Today it snowed for the first time this year. Not much, but still friggin snow.

IMG_1594.1.JPG

Geoff.

I learn something new every day!

Got a little further on the dash.  Had to turn the steering wheel adapter down a bit in the lathe.

Everything works on the dash- which I’m pleased with.  

32567F1D-3CBB-4D37-9970-7924C7DA8A98.jpeg

4E5D98CE-A6E0-4116-AD38-3AC0D17C5C2A.jpeg

857985E3-05B5-4548-8823-DB1A18195CFD.jpeg

Today I hired an attorney to get my car back from the slime rockets at the body shop. They have held it hostage long enough, 7 months.  Felt good that I could do something for the old girl. Feel like I abandoned her. 

• Like 1
  • Fist Bump 1
9 hours ago, machattack said:

Today I hired an attorney to get my car back from the slime rockets at the body shop. They have held it hostage long enough, 7 months.  Felt good that I could do something for the old girl. Feel like I abandoned her. 

Sucks that you had to do that.

Best of luck.

Mike

I put the car up on the "blocks" so I can get to the underside. Gonna start pulling the interior today. Gotta get the wiring harness, engine re-seal and under hood clean up underway. 

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

14 hours ago, machattack said:

A baseball bat would have been cheaper and prolly more efficient. :D

Seriously, if they've done zip, you are the car owner, how come you need a lawyer to go get what's yours?

73 modified Grande 351C. (Finally back on the road woohoo!) 

71 429CJ. ( In progress )

Good question! let me clear that up a bit. 

The car is still in pieces and parts like the windshields, door guts, trunk lid, hood, grill, bumpers, chrome trim, mirrors, etc, etc.  It is still in primer and various bondo fixes covering the car. The car has not been blocked out, its not at that stage yet. I never hear from them, It always takes me to initiate contact.

As some are aware . My wife and I spent 4 months in Seattle fighting stage 4 cancer with a car t cell transplant. My wife was persistent even during her probable death to contact these sleaze balls on her car. They also was aware I couldn't see the car and its progress. It was the perfect storm in there favor. 

I dropped off new parts including O.E spoiler, door and window gaskets, Stencil rub from David, new bumpers, new 18 pc stripe kit, many other numerous parts and pieces totaling over $1200.00. 

They have done the easy part of sanding to bare metal and priming it. The contract was paid in 3 stages, in which I have paid 2 payments. The third is paid when the car is completed. They did the easy 2/3rds and put the car on the back burner knowing they have the upper hand.

To take the car back and have another shop finish the body work, To block it 2 times, paint it, install all pieces and parts, then stripe it will cost a bunch more (double) than the final 1/3rd installment. 

This is a common practice by body shops here. Im starting to think they teach this in College body shop class's. 

A baseball bat or hiring "Gweed"o" would have been more satisfactory to me. 

The gauges are cool in center dash console . How did you do that ? look like 2" or 2 5/8 size gauges. Cool .

32 minutes ago, Joe Stang said:

The gauges are cool in center dash console . How did you do that ? look like 2" or 2 5/8 size gauges. Cool .

It took a bit of work.  They are 2” Westach brand gauges.  The 2nd half of the attached thread shows what I did.

The jury is still out on the Westach gauges, one thing I can say is that they are lightweight.  Guess since they manufacture aircraft gauges weight is a factor.  So far I dig them, the only gripe is that the backlight system is a little cheesy.

28 minutes ago, Carolina_Mountain_Mustangs said:

That sucks that they are not working on Sally's car. I am willing to come up and help kick their ass if you want.

Thanks David!! :thankyouyellow:   If we had a band of Mustangs pull up, thats something they wouldn't forget.

On 11/18/2020 at 9:38 PM, machattack said:

I know you been fighting them for quit awhile to get the car done.  Don't know if they use Facebook or other types of social media but if they do I wouldn't hesitate to put the word out about them.  A lot of shops depend on word of mouth for their business and bad reviews is the last thing they want.  Never hurts to apply pressure from every angle you can.  Good luck Rod.    

• Like 1

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"

7 hours ago, Kilgon said:

I know you been fighting them for quit awhile to get the car done.  Don't know if they use Facebook or other types of social media but if they do I wouldn't hesitate to put the word out about them.  A lot of shops depend on word of mouth for their business and bad reviews is the last thing they want.  Never hurts to apply pressure from every angle you can.  Good luck Rod.    

+1

• Like 1

Warmed her up real good this morning and then proceeded to take her out and get every extra bit of wear out of my Mickey Thompsons before I switch over to the Nitto 555r's. That was fun.:biggrin:

Don't be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic! ::thumb::

Dang..........for a person that hasn't done this before you missed your calling!  Nice work.  How about doing some seat covers for us poor people and competing with TMI 

Really......Im impressed  

36 minutes ago, machattack said:

Dang..........for a person that hasn't done this before you missed your calling!  Nice work.  How about doing some seat covers for us poor people and competing with TMI 

Really......Im impressed  

Haha thanks! It’s a work in progress no doubt but I’m getting the hang of it. I’ve cover my cracked dash. Now finishing my quarter panels, I plan on doing the door panels next. I just need to figure out how to fix the cracks around the door rest. But crossing my fingers 

On 11/21/2020 at 7:37 AM, Kilgon said:

Kilgon.......Thanks for the pointer! Your always helpin! you should have been in retail :-)  

Sally and I dont have Facebook or twitter or?  Sally and I was in customer service retail most of our lives. When we left we decided we didnt want to hear or see people for a long time :-)  When the president of our company told the top 5 positions we had to register on facebook........I told him to stick it and left the company 10 years ago. I know social media is a powerful tool when used correctly.  

• Thanks 1

I pulled the exhaust off, removed the clutch linkage, pulled out some of the wring and dropped the driveshaft over the weekend. It doesn't seem like much but 20 - 30 times under the car and back out wears on an old man! LOL!!

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]