What did you do to your car today?

droptop73

Messed around with my carburetor. Just got it rebuilt and I need to dial it in.

[align=center]

'73 "Q-Code" Mach 1

Mt7Cz.png

|351C-4V|Holley 600CFM|Edelbrock Manifold|Unknown Cam|10:1 Pistons|Hooker Longtubes|Glasspacks|C4 Auto|Unknown Gears|[/align]

Cold Start And Run Video: [amoff]

[/amoff]

just masked off my driver's side roof rail and Bombed it yellow, tomorrow i mask off the passenger side and bomb it yellow.

worked on my Quarter windows, ordered new seals, some new hardware showed up, still waiting on more.

Drove her around the block for the first time. Was surprised with how well the tranny held up. Was planning for the worst but was pleasantly surprised with how it was shifting. It actually idled up the driveway in reverse. If the carb was all dialed in I could have easily lit up the tires all the way down the block. Can't wait until I actually can. Couldn't believe how much power it had even with the carb out of tune. Had a smile on my face for an hour afterwards.

[align=center]

'73 "Q-Code" Mach 1

Mt7Cz.png

|351C-4V|Holley 600CFM|Edelbrock Manifold|Unknown Cam|10:1 Pistons|Hooker Longtubes|Glasspacks|C4 Auto|Unknown Gears|[/align]

[/amoff]

Got my torker 2 and 750 performer today. Just pulled the intake and carb off. Forgot how heavy they were. I need some new RTV and I'll put it back together thursday.:) Mark

My garage http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=40

73 mach 1 351c 4v cc ported, torker2, 750 edelbrock,C6.

73 fastback 351c 2v,performer intake,600 edelbrock,fmx, 325 trac-lok.

Cleaned the mating surfaces for my intake. It said pull the dowel pins.

That took a little bit. Test fit the intake. Looks pretty good. Need to paint a couple of spots on the heads. Hope to get it together friday.

Got a new fuel pump and looked around for new points to put in my distributor. It's an old Accel that's been discontinued for like 25 years so finding parts is kinda hard.

[align=center]

'73 "Q-Code" Mach 1

Mt7Cz.png

[/amoff]

Drove to the gas station and topped it off with fuel. Drove home and parked it for winter. Hoping to get it up in the air tomorrow.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Put the new fuel pump on. Was worried something was clogging the fuel line since the inline filter was only filling up like 1/4 of the way when the car was idling. With the new pump on it fills up and stays full. Car runs a lot better now that it isn't starved for fuel. Gonna take my points down to Car Quest tomorrow to see if they can match them with some new ones. After installing new points, rotor, cap and adjusting the timing I'm hoping it will be idling perfect.

[align=center]

'73 "Q-Code" Mach 1

Mt7Cz.png

[/amoff]

I finished up my wiring, got my 02 sensor mounted and the exhaust pipe bolted to the manifold.. The car cranks but isn't getting spark. I have to check my wiring tommorow.

Checked around town for replacement points for my distributor. It's an old dual point Accel that's been discontinued for like 25 years so it's not the easiest thing to do. Called up Accel and they gave me a part number to some that should work, hopefully they do. Ordered a pair of them from Jegs along with new plugs and wires.

[align=center]

'73 "Q-Code" Mach 1

Mt7Cz.png

[/amoff]

Hoping and praying the 'yard guys pulled the entire front subframe assembly of the donor car... and not just 'cut it off at the firewall' like most of them usually do.

I won't be able to pick it up until Tuesday or so.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Parts won't come in until the 29th because of the holiday. Sucks because I wanted to install them and work on the car over the four day weekend. There's nothing worse than waiting for stuff to come in the mail.

[align=center]

'73 "Q-Code" Mach 1

Mt7Cz.png

[/amoff]

Got my coil, distributer, wiring and vacuum lines back in place.

Still need a throttle cable bracket. Looks a lot better than it did.

th_IMG_0725.jpg

Just put in my 2nd set of new trans lines. They don't fit any better than the 1st set. Bought them from 2 different places.

I had to take out the motor mount.Remove starter,rad,Lift the engine.

I think their computer controled bender needs some adjustment.:@ MAB

YES!!! They cut it off behind the torque box on the driver side, and all the way to the tranny cross member on the passenger side - SCORE!! They even cut off enough of the cowl for me to use to patch my cowl damage as well - BONUS!! So today, my buddy and I stripped all of the fasteners and peripheral stuff off the new front clip today. I SO cannot wait to get the front ends swapped out now. The replacement trunk lid I got ($45) is also pristine, as this was obviously a southwestern car.

Unfortunately, I've got a lot of Christmas party-type gigs to play on the coming weekends until the 11th (I play Trombone and Baritone in a local brass band), then CISSP Bootcamp and cert testing the week or so after - so it'll be sometime around the end of December/early January before I get that done.

But, I can't even say how happy I am with the 'yard guys for getting me exactly what I need to rehab the front end. Pictures will be forthcoming.

Happy Turkey-Day, gentlemen - I hope everybody has a wonderful holiday weekend!

Eric

mach1sig2.gif