What did you do to your car today?

WF, the car sounds real good despite the excitement.

Mike, the grille looks nice.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My car came with factory 8 Track, but the player was DOA. I wanted to keep the look, but integrate Bluetooth. So I bought a board on eBay that can easily power the 4 speakers. I hogged out the guts of

I media blasted my exhaust manifolds in preparation for paint.  Before/after photo.  

As a kid, I offered to help my older Brother's friend fix his leaking PS hose on his '56 T-Bird. Not knowing that the PS hose is a special hose, i replaced it with a length of gas hose. As soon as he

Posted Images

Removed the front sway bar, and got the DS lower arm bolt out. Disconnected the pitman arm, idler arm, proportional valve, wiper motor, and master cylinder. Not too far from lighting the wrench!!!

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.

I put on the chrome corral around the mustang, installed a new power steering hose on the factory original pump and refilled the radiator, engine and power steering pump with new fluids . I ran it for about a 1/2 hour and adjusted the carb and timing until it ran like a new car. That stainless exhaust just sings.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1972 Mustang Grande Coupe

1954 Ford F100

Drove it out to the country and took some pictures.

DSC03166.thumb.JPG.64fe5486e69950c3c70d46010a4d2ba5.JPG

Ground the rust off the floorpans, no new issues discovered. In fact I think I can have the holes MIG welded instead of patching the floorpan, because the metal looks good and is really strong.

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

Got my engine back from the machine shop on Friday... well, sort of. I'm going with the CompCams roller cam set-up, and the kit came with a lifter keeper that mounts in the lifter valley. They forgot to drill and tap the holes to mount up the lifter keeper. So, they still have the block and I should get it back on Monday, but the Auto Hobby Shop doesn't open 'til Wednesday anyway - so I'll pick it up then.

I'm planning on taking next Friday off and just shotgun the floors so that part is done once and for all. I've got everything I need (the weld-thru primer, tech fasteners, both brush-on & regular seam sealer, and still plenty of Rust Bullet), so I should be able to git 'r done with a good effort.

There's a General walking through sometime during the week, and the shop is pretty immaculately spit-shined. I mean - damn... for a garage, you could literally eat off the floor (I dropped my breakfast burrito yesterday and didn't think anything about employing the 5-second rule - that's how clean it is). Anyway - I'm hoping the 'freak-out factor' by the Flight Chief will relax a bit after the General's gone.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Pulled everything out from the steering so except for the steering box and vacuum booster the front end is cleaned out.

2rr7aiv.png

Bought a bunch of interior parts...going to rust bullet the floorpans and interior roof this coming weekend so I can start putting in the interior (after plugging the pinholes, of course). Really starting to feel the progress now!

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

i did nothing to it...its still at trany shop there adjusting the tv cable for the aod but last week i did put exhaust on it and it sounds like a bad mofo!!

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=666]Visit My Garage

[/button]

Completed the sound deadening on the back seat and the passenger side floor of the car today. Reinstalled the factory sound deadner jute tar pieces on the passenger side. My plans are to have the headliner and carpet back in the car this week.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1954 Ford F100

I just drove mine to work this morning. Only just arrived 10 minutes ago. Actually the first time this year that It was warm enough to drive with the top down at 5 am. Probably the last time too! :-(

There is no better way to start your day than an hour's drive through woods and fields in the fresh air before sunrise.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Interesting hood scoop. I never thought of that.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1954 Ford F100

Yeah, I bought the naca hood and had hell making it align properly. I will still need to have someone adjust it when I am done.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1954 Ford F100

Always wanted the NASA hood and I did this for a compromise. I´ve grown to really like it, so it will stay on. Looks different yet like it was meant that way. Most people don´t notice it at first.

It´s functional by the way.

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

Contacted the DMV concerning new front end and VIN numbers. WoooHoo stared cutting that rot off. Can't stand to see a Mach 1 look this way. :banana:

2rr7aiv.png

Got the new inner and outer tie rods ready to put together so I have somewhere to start when I put the front end back together next year. I know it will be off but you need to start somewhere and the neighbor who collects scrap metal is chomping at the bit for what I have for him. :P

DSCN1087.thumb.JPG.f452eef9c7dde54a52850f121a5c50a8.JPG

2rr7aiv.png

Washed it ....................for the second time this year. Ok, guys, don't hit me, please!!

I like to think that time spent washing it is time I coulda been driving it. :-)

spacer.png
Mike
Check out my video:

Washed it ....................for the second time this year. Ok, guys, don't hit me, please!!

I like to think that time spent washing it is time I coulda been driving it. :-)

I haven't washed mine since it was painted a year and a half ago! I only drive it in good weather so I just dust it and use spray detailer and wax!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Fixed, headlight problem, replaced high/low beam floor switch.

finally trying to tackle a off idle lean condition when the engine is cold.

Changed out my .31 accelerator pump shooter for a .35 got better, went to a .37 got better. still a hint of it. now at the limit of having to switch to a hollow shooter screw. Thinking about increase timing 2 degrees and running at 12 initial.

I heard a thumping noise in the front end; I checked it out and one of the top shock bushings had fallen out and was laying on the shock tower brace. I had a spare bushing and replaced it. Quick fix!

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Thinking about increase timing 2 degrees and running at 12 initial.

Have you tried setting the timing by vacuum gauge? When I bought my carb from Jon at Pony Carbs he said to throw away my timing light and turn the distributor until you get the highest manifold vacuum reading on the gauge and then lock the distributor down at that position. I did this on my 65 and it ran like a scalded dog after that.

Note: No animals were harmed in the process of timing my car or in determining the performance level after the timing was set by this method. :whistling:

spacer.png

Got the car sitting in the parking lot with all 4 bleeders open, gravity bleeding the brakes.

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-mach-1]Visit My Garage[/button]