What did you do to your car today?

Well, I might be the 1000th reply. Picked up the short block (finally!) and put it back in the engine stand. Now, time to put everything back together. More to come.

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

Current "mini-project": interior upgrade :-/

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My car came with factory 8 Track, but the player was DOA. I wanted to keep the look, but integrate Bluetooth. So I bought a board on eBay that can easily power the 4 speakers. I hogged out the guts of

I media blasted my exhaust manifolds in preparation for paint.  Before/after photo.  

As a kid, I offered to help my older Brother's friend fix his leaking PS hose on his '56 T-Bird. Not knowing that the PS hose is a special hose, i replaced it with a length of gas hose. As soon as he

Posted Images

Wow...1000 posts and over 31,000 views!

I drove mine today. Our local cruise was today.

I saw some real nice 71-73 Mustangs on the road today. Sorry Roy no pictures! rofl

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

I got the rear seatbelts cleaned and in the car. Got the front speaker grilles installed in the door panels. Waiting for the last of the sound deadener to do the doors and the roof before I put the speakers in and the door panels back on.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1972 Mustang Grande Coupe

1954 Ford F100

Looked at it sitting in the garage. It´s been raining for days and I washed it last week, so I won´t take it out when the roads are wet. I mean I usually only wash it like twice a year and then I want it to stay clean for as long as possible.

Geez, this "summer" really sucks around here this year.

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

Brought the short block (block, pistons, crank, cam, oil pump, water pump installed) home finally and back in her engine stand. Yahoo! Now, just need to finish the heads and put the rest of her back together. Progress, baby! :banana:::chili:::banana:

874666806_ShortBlock1(Small).jpg.52c7f8ff03e00d6c42ca3c87eba16a00.jpg

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Completed: All new suspension, rebuilt 351C H Code bored .030 over with mild cam and intake, new 3.50 TracLok, custom exhaust system

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/forum-garage?filterxt_uid=76]Doc's Garage[/button][button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-mustang-convertible-restoration-and-modification]Doc's Wiki[/button]

Its pretty. Are you going back stock or performance.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1954 Ford F100

Not my car, but drove to the mall and there was a little car show there. Saw member danoreilly and his '71 Mach 1 (we had a party to go to so I didn't stop to say hi).

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

Its pretty. Are you going back stock or performance.

Adding power: CompCams 32-242-4 Extreme Energy cam (.218/.224 @ .050), FM 9.5:1 flat top pistons, Edelbrock 2750 Performer Dual Plane Intake, Holley 80457 650cfm carb, Hooker Headers, etc.

My machine shop guy said I should make 490 - 500 HP at the crank, but he may have just been blowing smoke. :P

Doc

Doc

Project started 8-7-10

Hey doc,

as it is now, you could still turn it into a coffee table. :-)

No, seriously: it´s exiting to put things back together, especially when it comes to blocks and cylinder heads. That really gives a sense of achievement.

I hit the 650 mile mark since I got my Sprint.....ok I know thats not a recognized milestone but it has been fun!

Ok, 650 miles since you got it....... with me that would mean you got it two weeks ago? ;)

spacer.png
Mike
"If I were you...... I´d rather be me." 😛
Check out my video:
http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-my-mustang-in-action

I hit the 650 mile mark since I got my Sprint.....ok I know thats not a recognized milestone but it has been fun!

I bet every one of those miles included your smile! We need a "smiles per gallon" chart.

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

Today I walked outside, looked at my car, realized it was ten thousand degrees outside, then walked back inside.

I need a garage.

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-mach-1]Visit My Garage[/button]

Today I walked outside, looked at my car, realized it was ten thousand degrees outside, then walked back inside.

I need a garage.

Buddy, did you ever get your brake issues figured out?

Steve

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mach-1--1800]The Stable[/button]

25yvyp3.jpg

I need a garage.

I can relate to this. Did the same thing & same temp here.

spacer.png

I need a garage.

Buddy, did you ever get your brake issues figured out?

no not yet, I would be a little bit more motivated if the parking lot out there wasn't like a frying pan/meat grinder. I might try and get it done this evening once the sun starts going down.

[button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1972-mustang-mach-1]Visit My Garage[/button]

Adding power: CompCams 32-242-4 Extreme Energy cam (.218/.224 @ .050), FM 9.5:1 flat top pistons, Edelbrock 2750 Performer Dual Plane Intake, Holley 80457 650cfm carb, Hooker Headers, etc.

My machine shop guy said I should make 490 - 500 HP at the crank, but he may have just been blowing smoke. :P

Doc

I got the .214/.214 @ .050 CompCams kit, roller everything, Keith Black 9.5:1 flat tops, and am planning an Edelbrock Performer intake (non-dual plane so I can use the Ram Air), Edelbrock Performer 600cfm carb, Pertronix Flame-Thrower and Igniter-III, CompCams rocker arms, haven't decided on headers yet, and I'm expecting 350-375 (with the stock heads - around 400 with Edelbrock heads sometime down the road)... or at least that's what CompCams virtual engine builder utility seems to think.

Let me know if your machine shop guy is right. I know you went a bit more aggressive with your cam, so maybe that's the difference. My machine shop guy has an engine dyno that he said he'd be happy to hook up after I get it built - so I'm planning on finding out for sure with mine. :)

This weekend was all about getting back into getting the floors done. Friday I cleaned up some rough edges and treated a couple rust spots and generally got the passenger side ready for the new intermediate panel.

Saturday was patching the holes in the kick panels where I had to cut out the old torque boxes - fabricated the patches and they looked great (til I welded them... still figuring out how to do that - I can lay a nice bead and put thick pieces together... sheet metal - not so much). Oh well, they're in, solid, and nothing a grinder and seam sealer won't solve (not to mention being hidden by the fenders and kick panels).

Today, I made the patches for the part of the firewall that came out with the old torque boxes. I was able to salvage the driver side piece from the 'new' front clip (pounded it back into shape and it'll work fine). I snagged an old computer case and sliced off what I need for the passenger side - had to "percussively massage" it into shape as well. I guess, "beat it to fit, paint it to match" is my new motto. ;)

Hopefully, I'll be able to get the firewall patches, intermediate panel, and floor pans in [finally] sometime in the next few weekends - I want to start building my engine. It'll be nice to 'build' something new for the car, rather than cut, grind, drill, and patch something rusty for a change.

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Mach1 - put on a new rear bumper and did some body work on a small dent and painted my new RH mirror to replace the one with a cracked base.

Sprint - did some touch up paint on the front fender and drove to the autoparts store and bought some Bondo and switched out the RH mirror inside piece because the ball in the old one was loose and the mirror would not stay up.

All this in just a few hours. :D

Vamach1 - 72 Sprint conv & 72 Mach1

111f in Houston today. It was so hot I did not even try to work on the car. Its so hot that the grass and trees are dying even though they are watered every day. Maybe at the end of the week when it finally rains.

2011 Buick Regal

2010 Ford F150 Screw

2002 Triumph Trophy

1973 Dodge Challenger RT

1954 Ford F100

Drove the car to Milan Dragway for the NMCA race, approximately a 320 mile round trip. We met the Roush drag racing team. What a nice group of people. The car ran flawlessly both there and back and turned 165,000 miles on the clock.

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

Congrats on your mile stone, driving a super clean Sprint sounds like fun to me.

Brought the short block (block, pistons, crank, cam, oil pump, water pump installed) home finally and back in her engine stand. Yahoo! Now, just need to finish the heads and put the rest of her back together. Progress, baby! :banana:::chili:::banana:

Doc congrats on the progress of your short block. Love that Ford blue.

- Mike

I need a garage.

I've been that way just about all summer here in Virginia, lots of little odds and ends I wanted to do to the car but been too hot, even in the garage. Maybe this fall .........

Mike AKA Ole Pony & Rare Pony
Our current Mustang garage/driveway
1973 Mustang Convert - Bought in 1974 - Still have it!
2004 Mach 1 Oxford White Auto, Bought Sept 06

20180127_082009.jpg

I tried to start it... It was out of gas... Going to head over next weekend and try again.

'Mike'

73 Convertible - 351C/4V CC heads/4bolt/forged flat tops/comp 270/rhodes/mallory unilite/tri-power/hookers/glasspacks/c6/3.50 limited slip/Gear Vendors/Global West sub frames, strut rods and shelby style traction bars/ Rear sway bar/tilt steering (not original)

Pics of modifications included in: [button=http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-1973-convertible--3335]My Garage[/button]

After waiting a week for the primer to set, started painting the tie rods and associated hardware so I have a starting point at front end alignment. Can't wait to have a finished front end to bolt them to.

2rr7aiv.png

Just cruising along minding our own business when BAM!!! The LAWS show up.