Got Parts? Bitter Sweet

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Completed
1972 Mach 1 Future Project
1972 Mach 1 Doner Parts Car
1973 302 Current Project
Anyone been to or know of this Mustang salvage yard? "Matthews Mustang" in Rose Bud, Arkansas 1-(501)-556-5464

Check out this pic

28te6vr.gif

Our cars may be rare after all. I wonder how many of these are Sprints, Boss351s or 429SCJ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, take a look at the sheet metal on those beautiful fastbacks, That sure is something that you dont see in Buffalo!! We have 6-7 year old cars with the bodies rotting right of the cars driving the roads around here. I think that Mathews Mustang should bring those bodies up to my house, and I will take very good care of them. lol,,,,Dave,,, HMMMM , I think I will give him a call??? lol

That is just a little over two hours from my house. I am feeling a road trip coming on. Still looking for that pesky battery apron support bracket. Interesting how you can miss things in your own backyard. If anyone else is considering a purchase from him and would like some help let me know.

Brian

There is one similar to that where I live called Mustang Village in Pensacola FL. I don't think there was a single usable part on any of those cars there. So rusty from this humid environment. Its a good advertising concept though.

I rebuilt 95% of my car mechanically and aesthetically from reproduction parts. There is a handful of parts that require a donor, original is always better.

Looking at that photo those cars have been open to the elements for years. Interior and wiring would pretty much be shot. trunks and Quarters would be work to make usable.

as for the apron battery support bracket. Don at OHIO mustang has them, you can get them reproduction as well. they come with the Concourse Battery holder kit.

stuff i would grab, urethane bumpers, mach 1 engine harness(for parts), roll down quarter window parts. if any of the cars have electric windows i would grab it and use it as a starting point, Strut rods(the aftermarket made in china ones are garbage) rear sway bar mounts in the frames. Staggered rear shock cross members from the chassis.

I bet most of the cowls are shot and not worth the effort.

H,

he needs the weld on outer support.

I am trying to get them made but companies around here want to much money to make the tooling and then the part. But yet they have no work ???

New manufacturer of some pretty nice strut rods now, ones we have now are smooth and painted black.

You probably had the old crappy [ looked like cast iron ] rough ones

I rebuilt 95% of my car mechanically and aesthetically from reproduction parts. There is a handful of parts that require a donor, original is always better.

Looking at that photo those cars have been open to the elements for years. Interior and wiring would pretty much be shot. trunks and Quarters would be work to make usable.

as for the apron battery support bracket. Don at OHIO mustang has them, you can get them reproduction as well. they come with the Concourse Battery holder kit.

stuff i would grab, urethane bumpers, mach 1 engine harness(for parts), roll down quarter window parts. if any of the cars have electric windows i would grab it and use it as a starting point, Strut rods(the aftermarket made in china ones are garbage) rear sway bar mounts in the frames. Staggered rear shock cross members from the chassis.

I bet most of the cowls are shot and not worth the effort.

H,

he needs the weld on outer support.

I am trying to get them made but companies around here want to much money to make the tooling and then the part. But yet they have no work ???
Don thanks for keeping on the lookout for the apron bracket for me. Placed a call over the Mathews Mustangs and left a message. According to the 2009 MM article sounded like he was going out of business. May not have the cars in the photo any longer. I will try and find out.

Nice aerial view and I totally agree, cleanest and nicest looking salvage yard :) Scotty Strickland out of N.Carolina probably rivals Matthew's yard and for sure has equally as many if not more Mustangs. Scotty recently sent me pics of his new haul which consisted of two 7173 Fastbacks and 1 vert. Glad some of you found this helpfull and hopefully Matthew is still in business.

Talk about the middle of nowhere! My parents live in NW Arkansas--I had to Google map it to figure how out far it was from their place. Probably too far for me even when I am at my parents on vacation. Keep us posted if it is still open. My Dad does do lots of road trips--so maybe I can get there someday!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back