Competition Engineering Traction Bars

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocketFoot

Stangin' ain't easy but somebody gotta do it!
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1
While the stock rear suspension in your ride may be adequate for stock engines and street tires, it just isn't going to cut it when you increase horsepower. What you need is Competition Engineering's leaf spring traction bars. Perfect for stock eliminator and bracket cars, they eliminate wheel hop and improve traction by applying the force that normally produces unwanted axle rotation into a downward force, making the tires stick to the pavement. They're constructed from heavy-gauge 2 1/2 in. x 2 1/2 in. x .120 in. wall steel tubing, and are fixture-welded to ensure a perfect fit for each application. Plus, they'll handle up to 450 tire-shredding horsepower and include all materials required for installation.

Hard to install? Any improvment ?
Installation was pretty easy. I just had to remove the existing ubolts and bracket and add the new ubolts and brackets from CE. Torqued everything up and job done! I haven't really noticed a change in handling or ride quality. But I am sure they would help when doing burnouts or drag launches! I mainly installed for that old school look!

I want to get some because with the 429 the possibility exists of twisting the body (especially with some of the upgrades I have planned for down the road). So, these were just bolt-ons, Barry?

Edit: Never mind, I was confusing the traction bars with subframe connectors. But I do want both.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back