cardboard below sill plate

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1 Q-code 351CJ
1968 289 Coupe
2005 Mustang V6 Legend Lime
1968 Chevrolet Nova
1964 Corvette Stingray
1986 Corvette "Official Pace Car"
1986 Mercedes 190D
How do i install the 2 carboard pieces that go below the sill plates under the carpet ??

Does someone has a clear picture from that ??

JB

How do i install the 2 carboard pieces that go below the sill plates under the carpet ??

Does someone has a clear picture from that ??

JB
Great,

now I know where those two pieces of cardboard left from my restoration have to go. Thanks for that! However, we are now two who don't know how they install. I'm curious.

Your fellow European ;-)

Yeah... cardboard... ain't modern technology grand? ;)

I'm thinking, "How bad do we really need it?" as I contemplate just leaving mine out. I'm also going to probably just fabricate a metal box for the glove compartment as well.

I´ve red this thread from the first post and i still dont know what you are talking about! :p It may be my spanish but... cardboard piece under the carpet?? Where!? :p

Don´t recall installing those :p... Come on guys that have your process in pictures..,. HELP US!!!... Mike (OLE PONY) may have this pic :)

The small lip is the back edge, it goes down over the rocker edge to hold the cardboard and protect the edge of the carpet.

Wide part covers the wiring channel on the rocker

Don

I´ve red this thread from the first post and i still dont know what you are talking about! :p It may be my spanish but... cardboard piece under the carpet?? Where!? :p

Don´t recall installing those :p... Come on guys that have your process in pictures..,. HELP US!!!... Mike (OLE PONY) may have this pic :)
Sorry, I have a lot of pics, but that is one that I don't have! :blush:

Found a picture from Fordication on this site ,

the carpet and the sill plate covers over the cardboard, the cardboard just fills the area up between the inner rocker and the door sill so the carpet doesn't fall into the hole.

some people put duct tape over the area to act as filler. these cardboard parts are exposed to weather from getting in and out of the car with wet feet so they do not last long.

a company a few years ago made reproduction sill plate fillers out of ABS plastic instead of compressed paper.

another company made some replacements out of Masonite material. I have not seen them on the market for a while.

the carpet and the sill plate covers over the cardboard, the cardboard just fills the area up between the inner rocker and the door sill so the carpet doesn't fall into the hole.

some people put duct tape over the area to act as filler. these cardboard parts are exposed to weather from getting in and out of the car with wet feet so they do not last long.

a company a few years ago made reproduction sill plate fillers out of ABS plastic instead of compressed paper.

another company made some replacements out of Masonite material. I have not seen them on the market for a while.
Fantastic Danny!!... I used Duck tape to cover that just because my original 1970 hardtop came with some sort of material similar than Duck tape from factory i believe...

But is good to know 71 to 73 came with this cardboard thing... Thanks Danny!

I have pictures…. Or I should say…. I’ll get pictures. I just took my seats and carpet out. I think I’ll make them myself from some thin polymer resin and melt it down.

Back