Asking for some imputs!!

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang sportsroof
1970 Mustang Hardtop
1972 Mercedes Benz 350 SLC European Version
1950 Ford Custom coupé
Hey my friends!... How are you??

Well.. here i am with some totally off topic concerns but i think you may help me and that help is just what i need...

First i´m going to put you guys in my reality ok??... As most of you already know i´m from South America, Uruguay to be exact and i can say i am a car collector guy, just because all my adult life i was trying to improove the way to work on my own cars... my old cars... most of all my mustangs...

I´m one of those guys with less money than ideas so o´ve learned to do things myself in order to achieve my goals of owning a restored classic car... Thay was the way i managed to build my car as the matter of facts...

Well... since years now i was wondering what should i have to try to do this "restoration thing" more professionally and nowadays i´m in front of a this reality:

I have a nice job as designer in a good enterprice but i need a few extra bucks... I do have some time off in my daily living so i could have something else to do to get those extra bucks...

The idea just came up... Why dont i try to do some cosmethics into cars, the cars i love?...

I´m not talking about mounting a restoration shop or become a car painter but maybe i can work in 1 car at a time in several things that in here, noone does... From polishing a car or some interior/detailing things to a body prep or whatever i´m able to do...

Well... believe it or not is a big step for me to decide to "sell" my work in cars... Never did that and i´m sure is not the same as doing thing for myself but to make the story short, i´ve decided to build some kind of naming behind the work i´ve done in my cars...

In order to tell friends i´m available to do some car work or something i can show people in the street when they stopme and ask who did my car, i´ve decided to go for a Logotype...Maybe to print some T-shirts or stickers to attach in my car and to give to my friends, get it??

Well... below i´m showing you both initial scketches and i´m not sure which way, asthetical i should follow...

Superboss redondo.jpg

Well.. this little round one has some things i like a lot... in my opinion is a nice composition of a drawing, fun colours and a retro style that goes very well with my personality and the way i want to work but i´m kinda stuck thinking it is too much for a logotype...

In this i´m trying to be figurative, showing an actual classic car in the logo that reminds me in some way, a 1950´s style... I like that...

lineal.jpg

This other logo is more “modern”… maybe even more intelligent in its contruction and totally vectorial composition… Being black and white make a lot things easier to develop later and maybe it does look more like a logotype itself…. My friends at the office like it because of the suggestion of the classic car draw with the minimum lines required and that stuff… I also like it but I somehow think this is “too modern”… too minimalist for a vintage cars restorarion garage, get it!??

And that is why i need your feedback... which way should i take in the asthetical of this new idea that i have? :p

Any feedback is more than welcome guys!!

THANKSSS!!

GO FOR IT!!! Damian. I still to this day pull engines and do engine compartment detaling. Just do yourself a favor and don't underestimate the amount of time you'll spend cleaning and painting. Good luck on your venture.

Mark

GO FOR IT!!! Damian. I still to this day pull engines and do engine compartment detaling. Just do yourself a favor and don't underestimate the amount of time you'll spend cleaning and painting. Good luck on your venture.

Mark
Thanks Mark!!... :) again thank's for your good vibes! :) Well... this may be a start of something new in my life... Can start by something in the spare time as i said but who knows....

Which logo do you prefer!?!

Only the "Super Boss" in Back and White (second one) is showing in the thread.
No Mark!! wait a few extra seconds as the first logo is a little heavier than the second one... If it doesn't open, click on the little link that supposed to be the file :)

Hey Damián, I like your idea of working on cars on the side and I think it could be really fun. I personally like the second logo because of its pure simplicity and looks a little more professional. The first logo is also cool though. Either one should work out just fine.

Hey Damián, I like your idea of working on cars on the side and I think it could be really fun. I personally like the second logo because of its pure simplicity and looks a little more professional. The first logo is also cool though. Either one should work out just fine.
Should be fun... you're right!... and thanks very very much Jayson for your opinion!! i know what you mean about simplicity!.. let's hear the rest of the guys!!...

Again thanks for the feedback!

Sounds GREAT, Damien!

I think I like the first one better but either one should work very well. I believe you will be very well at just about anything you attempt. The older I get, the more inclined I am to believe that old saying about finding something that you love to do, as a job!

No matter how much you love it, make sure (as Mark stated) that you do not underestimate the price of your Services. The other thing is to make arrangements to ensure everything is done via contracts so there will be fewer problems relative to what is to be done and WHEN:).

Good Luck!

BT

Sounds GREAT, Damien!

I think I like the first one better but either one should work very well. I believe you will be very well at just about anything you attempt. The older I get, the more inclined I am to believe that old saying about finding something that you love to do, as a job!

No matter how much you love it, make sure (as Mark stated) that you do not underestimate the price of your Services. The other thing is to make arrangements to ensure everything is done via contracts so there will be fewer problems relative to what is to be done and WHEN:).

Good Luck!

BT
Thanks BT!! VERY appreciate your imputs and your advices!!... As the logo i'm also starting to think the round one has something different, maybe interesting to the vintage car enthusiastic like us.. that is why your imputs guys are even more important! :)

To find that thing you love to do, although to start in a country like mine you have to do it very slowly and step by step is a true something and i'll follow every advice you personally or any other of you will give me :)

Thanks again BT... every word means a lot to me when it comes to a start of some dream i've been having since forever...

Hi Damien,, This is indeed great news. The best part of YOUR business would be, that you like to work on cars, it makes doing the actual "work" fun, so you really wont mind doing it. BUT, dont overdue it, because if you do, it may become cumbersome. I guess what I am trying to say, is that you really have to like what you are doing, or it will seem like a "job" , and you will get tired of doing it. Does this make any sence to anyone , or am I just rambling away??????

I, like the first logo the best, it kind of jumps out at you and says, " LOOK AT ME, SEE WHAT I DO"

Well, anyway,, GOOD LUCK ON YOUR VENTURE,,Buddy

Dave

I say as a side job go for it. but do your homework on each project. Remember when you start getting paid its no longer a hobby its a job. So just be careful on what you promise and things should work out fine. Good luck

Dave and Roy, thank you very much for your inputs!! believe me even if it will start as a side job whenever it comes, i'll be careful on what i promise to do... One of my major pros is that i am very aware about what can or cant do, besides i'm very shameful guy... what i'm trying to say is that i'll never promise anything that i cant accomplish... not even in timetables... that would be a big shame in my personality...

It doesn't have to be a thing that makes me rich so, i just need something else to do besides my actual job which i certainly DO for the money... this idea is more like a paid hobbie, at least to start and meanwhile i'm going to learn the tips and tricks of this potential job...

Bottom line... i'm fully aware i'll eventually do this for fun.. paid fun but fun at last!

Sounds great. If you want to do it and have the capacity...GO FOR IT:)

I also think both logos are great, if it was my shop i would use nr.2.

I think it gives a more serious,nostalgic,clean and "old fashion" look to it.

But both look great:)

Sounds great. If you want to do it and have the capacity...GO FOR IT:)

I also think both logos are great, if it was my shop i would use nr.2.

I think it gives a more serious,nostalgic,clean and "old fashion" look to it.

But both look great:)

thanks very much for your words TK! i'll take that into account!!... Logo N 2 has the pro of much easier applicability and cheap printing too as logo N 1 is more "vintage" in my opinion so it is a tough call!!!...

I'll keep reading everyone feedback that helps me a lot for sure! THANKS!!

Do it, man! I would like to do some side work myself but my family time is too valuable. I can't see the first logo, but I'm in a hotel room and the internet connection is slow so that may be part of it. Good luck Damian!

Congrats on starting your side business Damien.It's always great to make money doing something that is fun and that you love doing. But be sure to get everything in a contract before you start work as what is to be done , price and time line,when payment is due. I like the first logo best. Best of luck to you Damien

D, Go for it. After working for the railroad for 38 years I am finally doing what I enjoy. I have been working on cars for more years than I care to remember. Now that I am retired I decided to go back to school and get ASE certified and have opened up my own business and am enjoying every minute of it. I like the second one better, but like was said the first one screams muscle.

Here is a pic of my logo.

Jim

_MG_0555.JPG

Back