Nice 71 429CJ on Ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having an appreciation for the tariffs and taxes one has to pay to import one, I can certainly appreciate your comments about expensive:)!

That having been said, we here in the Continental U.S. have the option of picking up base 460s that are much more common and upgrading them to way beyond any 429 (CJ or SCJ) relatively cheaply and transplanting same into any '71 - '73 Mustangs.

The fact that the 429CJ/SCJ came in the '71 Mustang means one can also obtain parts for a modified '72 or '73 using "stock" parts from the local part houses, in many cases.

In short, we can build 'em better than "they" did back in the day:)!

BT

That is one fine looking automobile.

Oddly enough, I've never been keen on the 'reverse' argent treatment. How cool would a shiny black car like that look with a complete flat-black finished set of stripes, hood paint, rockers, and Mach 1 decals?

Yes very nice BUT the panel lines sheet metal alignment sucks..I can never understand why when someone takes the time & spends the money for this caliber of car they don't give the same attention & detail to the alignment of the sheet metal. IT'S THE FIRST THING YOU SEE ! On that car it would drive me nuts the way the trunk lid fits & the way the hood is bulging up above the fenders, The hood is dented in on both twist locks becuase of the poor alignment of the locks. Just to mention a few in a quick look I took at the pics. Simple fixes Before the car was painted..not so simple now. To be frank when you get into the big dollars this seller is looking for.. there's some serious flaws that takes away value to the car. 37 large is more than fair given the serious flaws In the body I see just from the pics. That car isn't going to sell for what the owner wants Mark my words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes very nice BUT the panel lines sheet metal alignment sucks..I can never understand why when someone takes the time & spends the money for this caliber of car they don't give the same attention & detail to the alignment of the sheet metal. IT'S THE FIRST THING YOU SEE ! On that car it would drive me nuts the way the trunk lid fits & the way the hood is bulging up above the fenders, The hood is dented in on both twist locks becuase of the poor alignment of the locks. Just to mention a few in a quick look I took at the pics. Simple fixes Before the car was painted..not so simple now. To be frank when you get into the big dollars this seller is looking for.. there's some serious flaws that takes away value to the car. 37 large is more than fair given the serious flaws In the body I see just from the pics. That car isn't going to sell for what the owner wants Mark my words.
Scott you know theirs more I'm willing to bet.

You are absolutely right!...one can go "blind" because it looks nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Biggest problem for a 429 car is not having the original 429

In addition to panel alinement, door jambs need to be repainted, something is wrong there as the argent is too high in the jamb.

I see 15 - 20 wrong , missing or problem things

Back