Currie Enterprises 9-Plus Trac Lock

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1973 H code Mach 1
Anyone ever use one of these ? http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CUR-94080/ will be acquiring the right rear end for the Mach soon and would prefer trac lock over open, plus will step up from 2.75's to 3.00 or 3.25's was thinking 3.73 until i calculated the rpm and mph for highway use. trying to find a happy medium if possible :D

For reference, Q-codes came with a 3.25 with a C6 or a 3.5 behind a top lopader.

I concur with the factory spec of a 3.25 behind an auto trans. If you put in an AOD then you can up it to a 3.50 or 3.73 but the 3.73 might be a bit much even then.

I think I'll put 4.11s in my boy's cars to keep their top end down and keep them alive.

It looks very similar to the Ford traction-lok. BE AWARE that part number from Currie is an "empty case". You would still need to buy many more parts to make it complete. I feel 3.25:1 is the minimum gear for any performance work, especially with a 4v 351C. Good luck with the build. Chuck

Back