engine parts

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 MACH 1
2019 F150
Got some cash ready to start buying parts. Is it reasonable to buy parts from my local parts house like crank and gaskets? Also hope to hear back from DOC about the cam kit he picked if a good match for mine. And what style of rings to go with ? Should I go to a speedshop?

LOTS OF UNKNOWNS AND LOTS OF QUESTIONS:idea:

Alan

The people working at a normal parts store don't really know much when it comes to our cars.If you have a local speed shop I would go there.They can usually help you out and if you become a regular you can sometimes get good deals.And make some cool friends that share the same passion.

Use caution either way and remember your build parameters. If you're building a street engine that will rarely see the north side of 5500 rpm you do not need a steel crank, a cast crank will work fine. 2 bolt main blocks work fine for ALL cleveland builds (all we use in the racecars are 2 bolt). Beware the cheap knock off parts from china. If you do not get the "warm fuzzys" from whoever you are working with walk away. If you have any questions let me know I can find out if parts are worthwile or not. The friend I crew for is a buyer for performance parts at an engine parts distributor. He also builds all our race clevelands.

Back