The DISSAPOINTMENT of progress

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
71 (M CODE) MACH 1 NOW BBF
O n Friday I snapped a pic of the Stang, felt so good to see it looking like a car again. Finally the the time and money was looking to be worth while. By noon on Sunday it was stripped to the bare shell, and mounted on the rotisserie. Made me want to get drunk, but then It was a happy time because now I'm in the process of cleaning the bottom, resealing the joints, then Paint!!! Yes finaly some PAINT!!! Then brake lines,fuel line, ETC! Bad pic but I put a couple others in my garage.

IMG_0545.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
O n Friday I snapped a pic of the Stang, felt so good to see it looking like a car again. Finally the the time and money was looking to be worth while. By noon on Sunday it was stripped to the bare shell, and mounted on the rotisserie. Made me want to get drunk, but then It was a happy time because now I'm in the process of cleaning the bottom, resealing the joints, then Paint!!! Yes finaly some PAINT!!! Then brake lines,fuel line, ETC! Bad pic but I put a couple others in my garage.
NICE PAPPY !!! I will be knowing that same feeling soon, Since I'm doing the same exact thing ! Put it all together..Then strip it all down AGAIN to put it on the rotisserie to do the bottom etc.

You guys are coming along better than us! We haven' touched the coupe in a long time due to problems with the Mach 1 that we still haven't ironed out! :mad:

Progress is good! Congratulations!

I know exactly what you mean mine is back on jack stands (again) with the hood off and no rear breaks:mad::mad::mad:
You could always use the hood for a card table with the guys from the shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys... Yes it was great to know the structural part was done. Very little cutting and welding left, just some minor touch up. I think what hurt the most was having to take the SHINY WHEELS back off. I really liked the BLING. I think thats the modern word.

Great to hear you are making progress! What's the old saying -- one step forward and two steps backwards! You will have those "Bling" wheels back on her in no-time!

Back