Low Mileage 466 motor for sale from carb to oil pan, FREE BBF C6

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BigPinoyHunk

Alright guys i have about 1000ish miles on my 466 that i want to sell off completely minus accessories brackets. here is a short run down of the motor:

71 block

c9ve heads (the good ones) ( roofs raised and humps removed )

cobra jet rods with arp rods bolts

forged pistons with -24cc dish

9.4-9.5 CR (i mainly ran 89 octane)

crane 1.7 rocker arms

weiand stealth

Comp cam xe274 cam

custom cal'd carb to motor 800cfm DP (de horned and etc and flows 850)

stock oem oil pan

stock valve covers

std volume oil pump

I ran a best of 12.69 with this motor and trapped at 108MPH. when i've been talking to builders, with the weight of the 73, the trans, the gears, and the MPH ET, they are estimating north of 450-475HP.

i am in the WANT of a 521+ stroker so this motor must go. if you are local, i can wait until you see the motor run and verify it runs good and has good vacuum and yada ydad yada or whatever. i am hoping not to have to have the motor sit for a period of time once the motor gets pulled and the new motor is running. the new motor will be over 600+ hp and ideally i run a low 11 second 1/4 ET.

i'm thinking with a completely complete motor minus accessories brackets looks good at $2500 or OBO. i'm also wanting to sell off the automatic engine plate, and flexplate with the motor.

if you really want, i will throw in the c6 thats been sitting out in the rain for FREE. it was mated with the motor originally before the tko600.

i am located near SACRAMENTO CA!!!

Last edited:
That is a GREAT deal, Olie as you cannot come near to building one for that price.

Just curious, what is the casting number on the block? Is it a 4-bolt or a 2-bolt?

BT

That is a GREAT deal, Olie as you cannot come near to building one for that price.

Just curious, what is the casting number on the block? Is it a 4-bolt or a 2-bolt?

BT
d1ve block

c9ve heads

the block is a 2 bolt main.

i am hoping to sell off this engine because its going to be a mountain in the garage floor.

let alone on the parts of the engine, i know a block is 300 alone, the heads being a early casting are another 300, and the cobra jet rods with good bolts is another 250. a used weiand stealth is 100-150, a good used carb is 250-300 (only got like 50 miles on it and 10 passes), so everything adds up quickly if i were o sell separately. i'd rather sell as a whole running engine though.

to the top:

motor now pulled an easy 12.290 @110mph and shifting at 5600rpms!!!

still only 30ish passes and maybe 1000 mileages (high side)

Dang it, Tennessee is a bit too far. . .
i find www.uship.com a pretty good dam site. i'll be willing to work with anybody upon shipping cost. i already have my mind set what i'd like out of the deal so working with somebody wouldn't be out of the question.

this motor is frame pan to carb and includes the dizzy, wires, spark plugs.

Well I can't do it, but could you imagine that monster in an old Maverick? If it would fit of course. Or you can do the reverse of the chebbie guys and put that sweet Ford engine in an old Camaro! Eh, nevermind...bad idea.

i just want this thing gone cuz i'm always running into it with my knee. before you know it, i'm going to severely hyperextend my knee because the dam water pump snout sticks out too far.

Too bad I'm dumping all my $$$ into the resto of my 72 Mach, or I'd buy it today for my 79 F-250. I use the F-250 at the sand dunes in North Western Michigan and I could use an upgrade from the stock, tired 460 that's in it.:(

If you still have after my resto is done and I build my bankroll back up, I'm intersted.

Too bad I'm dumping all my $$$ into the resto of my 72 Mach, or I'd buy it today for my 79 F-250. I use the F-250 at the sand dunes in North Western Michigan and I could use an upgrade from the stock, tired 460 that's in it.:(

If you still have after my resto is done and I build my bankroll back up, I'm intersted.
If your runnin 16s its time for an upgrade:(

i'll get rid of it alright to whom every would like it. the current 521 is coming back out due to a piston coming apart so its going back to washington to fix the damage. therefore, if its going to take a while i might be putting in this motor to get it moving again and this time i could do a compression test, leakdown test, a vacuum reading on the motor so everybody could see it.

the motor still doesn't have alot of miles on it but i might be putting a few more. i'll be willing to help ship or deliver this thing.

If your runnin 16s its time for an upgrade:(
Ha Ha, That name actually came from an old Crown Vic police cruiser that I bought years ago and took to the dragstrip. The VIN code for the police interceptor is "P71". Was a fun car, but wasn't very fast, until I put the nitrous kit on, then it ran a 14.5.

Hmmm...I'd say it's a perfect candidate for your 72 Mach 1, 16secondp71. I already have a BBF for mine or I'd be interested. Just saying.
NOPE, this car is going to be as original as possible, 351C 2V. If it wasn't in such good shape I may consider some serious modifications, but I love it when these old originals stay, well, original. Besides, I plan to sell it down the road and I want to fetch every penny I can for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently since the 521 detonated and broke two pistons. this motor is currently at the machine shop getting freshed up. everything looked good and will have new rod, main, cam bearings. it'll have a freshly honed block and new piston rings.

the motor will now see new d0ve heads that have been treated with large valves in cobra jet size 2.19 and 1.75 and have been fully ported and flowing 344 and 205. i'm going to change the cam out to a mechanical lifter cam because it'll make more power and its going to be custom for a higher performance application.

the compression will be set to use a modest 87 octane to suit anybody needs. i'm going to continue to run the stealth intake and it will be port matched to the bigger ports on the heads.

i will break in this motor in the car and finish off the season with this motor, which will only be 2 TNT's and 2-4 races. probably have about 2-300 street miles then its going back up for sale but i will take people interested in it now.

the motor will now have receipts and have a built sheet of all the clearance and everything. since i am investing alot of extra $$ into the heads going on, better cam, and a fresh rebuild i am sure i'm going to ask for more and especially for the heads. all the cash will go into getting kaase p51 heads. the carb will need to be recalibrated too.

i found a great company that will ship thing thing almost anywhere in the US for 200-300.

this motor was put into the machine shop to go thru a overhaul. i installed a new cam/lifters and new rockers. i put a cam that somebody can easily run a automatic with it and run a stock stall but still have a nice and noticable idle. i put in $1k in re-ring, re-bearing and assembly and about 350 in parts.

i took a picture of the odometer when i fired her up yesterday and recorded the first 15 minute break in interval, the cool down and water down the radiator, and the last 10 minute interval break in. today i will record me reinstalling the inner springs and doing an extra break in period.

even though i haven't ran the motor yet its already up for sale. i have a pallet to ship it in once my 521 comes back. i only look to put about 300-500 miles on it and maybe 20-30 passes on it at the track. i will also record how this tamed 460 will do at the track in our big mustangs.

i will re-list this motor on a different thread since the rockers and cam changed.

i will also post the videos of the whole process. i already can't wait until i get back down to one motor that i want.

Last edited:
Back