71 Mach 1 Restomod

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7173Modstangs

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mustang Mach 1 Restomod
Hello fellow mustangers. Just wanted to introduce myself as the new 71-73 mustang guy, to the forum. I've been building a 71 mach 1 restomod for the past 2 years now. I'm doing 100% of the car myself from top to bottom. If you get bored and wanna check out the pics of the progress my webpage is below. I have tried many other parts and kits from other mustangs to see what fits or could work on the 71-73's. If you have a question, just ask because I've probaly already tried it. Just a few details....

4.6 2v Mod motor w/overdrive tranny (with stock shocktowers still in)

custom aluminum driveshaft

Dutchman street rod rear axle with traction lock

front 13" cobra brakes and cobra disc on back

TCP front airbag suspension

70 mustang Airride Airbar modified to fit 71-73's

RRS Power rack and pinion

stainless steel exhaust,spintech mufflers with side exit

20" bonspeed wheels/rear, 18"/front

Massive amounts of bodymodifications....

On top of being completely rebuilt with all new metal, driveshaft tunnel was raised, subframe connectors and custom rear crossmember added, firewall completely reworked to fit modern mustang heater box, I've lowered the rear quarter panels 2.5 inches, custom made roll pan that covers gas tank,custom rear bumper flush fit to car, flush mount gas cap, rear spoiler lowered and moved back,trunk lock gone,door locks gone,rockers lowered,exhaust cut outs added, drip rails gone,roof and post completely reworked, fenders lowered to meet rockers, front valance lowered 1", all side marker lights shaved, front, custom brackets and bezels to house new driving lights, front bumper flush fit to car, custom billet hood pins, headlights and taillights will be custom made aswell.

The biggest hold up on this project has been the money and I was hoping to be one of the first 71-73 restomod cars out but, that pegasus stang built by goolsby customs beat me to it. Hoping to have this thing wrapped up within the next year. Once I paint this thing, I Still have an entire custom interior build, then just reassemble everything. www.7173modstangs.com

Hello fellow mustangers. Just wanted to introduce myself as the new 71-73 mustang guy, to the forum. I've been building a 71 mach 1 restomod for the past 2 years now. I'm doing 100% of the car myself from top to bottom. If you get bored and wanna check out the pics of the progress my webpage is below. I have tried many other parts and kits from other mustangs to see what fits or could work on the 71-73's. If you have a question, just ask because I've probaly already tried it. Just a few details....

On top of being completely rebuilt with all new metal, driveshaft tunnel was raised, subframe connectors and custom rear crossmember added, firewall completely reworked to fit modern mustang heater box, I've lowered the rear quarter panels 2.5 inches, custom made roll pan that covers gas tank,custom rear bumper flush fit to car, flush mount gas cap, rear spoiler lowered and moved back,trunk lock gone,door locks gone,rockers lowered,exhaust cut outs added, drip rails gone,roof and post completely reworked, fenders lowered to meet rockers, front valance lowered 1", all side marker lights shaved, front, custom brackets and bezels to house new driving lights, front bumper flush fit to car, custom billet hood pins, headlights and taillights will be custom made aswell.

The biggest hold up on this project has been the money and I was hoping to be one of the first 71-73 restomod cars out but, that pegasus stang built by goolsby customs beat me to it. Hoping to have this thing wrapped up within the next year. Once I paint this thing, I Still have an entire custom interior build, then just reassemble everything. www.7173modstangs.com
AWSOME WORK !!! What more can one say ! From one body guy to another

Your on the mark dude ! Gonna follow your build for sure.

AWSOME WORK !!! What more can one say ! From one body guy to another

Your on the mark dude ! Gonna follow your build for sure.
Thanks alot man, not many people can appreciate the amount of work I have put into this. Sometimes, I look at the pictures and can't believe all the work I've done already. But, its all part of a plan thats finally starting to come together.

wow! your a serious Restomod guy, I respect your determination and passion, love to see you post some pics on this forum of your project, your work is appreciated here. We are a special breed of Stang Heads here

wow! your a serious Restomod guy, I respect your determination and passion, love to see you post some pics on this forum of your project, your work is appreciated here. We are a special breed of Stang Heads here
I have too many pictures so, I had my brother set me up with a website. There is also pictures of othr cars I have done in the gallery section..

http://www.7173modstangs.com

Hey!!... i´ve checked your site and WOOWW... awsome job!... Your work is clearly professional man... This car is gonna come together fantastic for sure...

We will apreciate you keep us up to date in your process... we always try to learn from those guys who developes great, like you, on an area....

Thanks and CONGRATS!

First of all: Hi and ::welcome:: to this site from Luxembourg/Europe.

I checked your website and ... what can I say...? Wow!!!

You're doing some great work there. I love it when people blend in the bumpers. That's the thing that irks me most on my car. Those ill fitting bumpers that look like they came from a different car and were just bolt on because they were the only ones available.

I think that there are not enough 71-73 restomods being built. I will follow your build and I'm looking forward to see how it turns out in the end.

RESPECT!!

Where do I even begin?!?!?!?! 1st of all, ::welcome:: This is a GREAT site with a lot of intelligent people all willing to help one and other out, glad to have you here! Ok, now that I got that out of the way...damn you! You're clearly going to bump me down the list of completed restomod '71-'73's. I've yet to see another mod motor in a '71-'73 other than Pegasus. Well, they beat you to it, and now you beat me to it because you're a lot closer to completion than me! My only hope now is that I'll be the first coupe. LOVE what you're doing with the bumpers and the front valance!!!! I was going to do something similar on mine and now I know exactly how to go about doing it...so thanks! That is gonna be one badass ride! Really like your site too, well done. If you'd like to check out mine, here's a link: http://callahandesigns.weebly.com/index.html Im going to be adding a links page soon and your site will definitely be on that list! Can't wait to see this project come together, so keep us posted!

Where do I even begin?!?!?!?! 1st of all, ::welcome:: This is a GREAT site with a lot of intelligent people all willing to help one and other out, glad to have you here! Ok, now that I got that out of the way...damn you! You're clearly going to bump me down the list of completed restomod '71-'73's. I've yet to see another mod motor in a '71-'73 other than Pegasus. Well, they beat you to it, and now you beat me to it because you're a lot closer to completion than me! My only hope now is that I'll be the first coupe. LOVE what you're doing with the bumpers and the front valance!!!! I was going to do something similar on mine and now I know exactly how to go about doing it...so thanks! That is gonna be one badass ride! Really like your site too, well done. If you'd like to check out mine, here's a link: http://callahandesigns.weebly.com/index.html Im going to be adding a links page soon and your site will definitely be on that list! Can't wait to see this project come together, so keep us posted!
The pegasus looks cool but, they cut the car all up and put a prebuilt full frame chassis under the car. When you go that route, you can put whatever motor you want in the car. I was able to do a mod motor with power rack and pinion without hacking the front end up at all and still able to run stock style suspension. Trying to keep it a true restomod car.

Back