Pony Carbs -Going out of business.

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is no message or any other hint on that on their homepage...

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope not, they've just done a good job for me in restoring my old carb for my '72.

SDC11035.jpg

SDC11038.jpg

Hope not, they've just done a good job for me in restoring my old carb for my '72.

SDC11035.jpg

SDC11038.jpg
Amazing work they did on your carb {thumbs up!!} i got my original carb under my desk..lol...i havent looked at it in years...there getting spendy thou..Original carb 4300D spread bore

WOW! I've always known they do amazing work, but your before and after pics just goes to show how amazing this company really is/was. I hope the closer is just temporary. I tried calling to Pony Carbs, but no answer for the past 2 days :(

Last edited by a moderator:
UKSilverMach1 - That's beautiful work! Do you mind sharing the range of what that cost?

Thanks for the feedback, as I said before, hope they haven't gone out of business as they provide a good service.

As for the carb - 71 to 73's are becoming thin on the ground and the ones that are around have the vast majority modified, so I want the restoration to be as stock as possible, except for a few additions to improve efficiency. Hence why I went with restoring the carb with Pony carbs.

They've had loads of experience and have ironed out flat spots etc and this should improve fuel delivery. I could have got an inlet manifold and new carb cheaper, however this would have moved away from how I want the car to run.

If it runs aswell as it looks I will be more than happy.

I found Kurt Praxl, a former Pony Carbs employee in NY. He replated, restored my 2100 to better than new for $125 shipped back to me. Google CarbonTooters for his website and info.

Back