Passenger seat on driver's side?

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1971 Conv; 1 of 17; 351C, 2V, Auto
Can a passenger side seat be mounted on the driver side tracks?

So many people selling rotted driver seats with hardly used passenger seats. Aside from the seatback access back knob, are they interchangable?

Mine is a 71 with center knobs so it wouldn't matter.

Finally a question that I can answer LOL. YES you can switch them from one side to the other. In fact that's what I did 25+ years ago when I recovered my seats in h.s. Yes the track adjuster is on the "wrong side" as well as the back seat access knob, we just wired it up so that the latch did not catch. OK, maybe that's not the safest but who really wants to sit back there to come flying forward during a stop to push the seat forward. Other than simple safety reasons I don't see the point of the latches anyway.

Can a passenger side seat be mounted on the driver side tracks?

So many people selling rotted driver seats with hardly used passenger seats. Aside from the seatback access back knob, are they interchangable?

Mine is a 71 with center knobs so it wouldn't matter.

yup the driver and passenger seat is the same, minor difference between them

and if you have early 71 seats the latch is in the center of the back of the seat so they are basically the same.

Back