New Member from St. Louis MO

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rolandmhall

Reaction score
My Car
72 Mustang Coupe - Restomod
[attachment=5835][attachment=5836][attachment=5837]Hi. Name is Roland. From St. Louis, MO. I am a loyal Mustang and Ford guy in general. I have always like the 71 to 73 Mustangs. The size and length of them just always made them standout for me.

I found a 72 H Code coupe under a tree in 2007 and decided to save her. I am in the closing weeks of a 4 1/2 year build.

I wanted to build a classic Mustang Restomod with a 71 - 73 as my base.

Guys say to me now, I didn't like the big Mustangs, but now that i see yours, my opinion has somewhat changed.

I'm really not trying to impress anyone. I just want to see what's in my head driving down the road.

Attaching a few pics, let me know what you think.

To see the build pics, you can view here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3004129/1972-ford-mustang

Thanks. I wanted to do something a little different. Always like the look of the Boss Stripes. A little more dramatic in my opinion that the Mach 1 stripes.

Thank you for the compliment. I did. As huge as the project was, I was very fortunate to have help.

Fortunately my wife and I specialize in upholstery, so we managed the interior. My uncle, a close friend and I rebuilt the entire drivetrain, and a friend of mine finished the body and paint.

We painted it Sonic Blue. I found the code from a 2003 Cobra and had to go with it. I love how it changes color in the sunlight.

Thank you sir. It's nice being among a group of people who have the same love for the 71 - 73 as I do. I'm feeling at home already.

I wish I knew about this site when I started building my car.....

Nice Coupe! Welcome to the forums...we are glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome Roland from Uruguay!! Your Car is nice man!! Congrat to you and your family to have accomplished the project! I know you are going to enjoy it every time you turn the keys :)

Feel free to participate in every thread of your interest!

Welcome! Nice color. I was about to ask if it was kona blue from the new mustang color choices. How does the color change in the sun light?

it's called "Sonic Blue." I pulled the color code from a 2003 Ford Cobra.

So it's blue with a violet pearl in it. Before we painted the car, we put a black/blue base coat under it.

So depending on how the light hits it, it may look blue or purple.

The Hood and Stripe graphics are 2004 Ford Midnight Blue

See Here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3004129/1972-ford-mustang/page-22

it's called "Sonic Blue." I pulled the color code from a 2003 Ford Cobra.

So it's blue with a violet pearl in it. Before we painted the car, we put a black/blue base coat under it.

So depending on how the light hits it, it may look blue or purple.

The Hood and Stripe graphics are 2004 Ford Midnight Blue

See Here:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3004129/1972-ford-mustang/page-22
Looks very nice!

Welcome from Northern CA! You found another way to save a tree... and turn the car into a work of art. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back