U.S. soldier in Germany

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mustang Sportsroof
2010 Mustang GT
Nice to see a 71-73 specific site. I'm on a few other mach 1 sites too. I've had my '72 since I was 15, so about 7 years now. I'm big on drag racing and performance so if anyone needs links to hard to find cleveland parts or suspension stuff I can probably point you in the right direction. The mach 1 is stateside right now, it wouldnt pass a german inspection. I'll post some pictures of it soon.

Nice to see a 71-73 specific site. I'm on a few other mach 1 sites too. I've had my '72 since I was 15, so about 7 years now. I'm big on drag racing and performance so if anyone needs links to hard to find cleveland parts or suspension stuff I can probably point you in the right direction. The mach 1 is stateside right now, it wouldnt pass a german inspection. I'll post some pictures of it soon.
Hi Widowmaker,

indeed, German inspection (TÜV) is a special thing ;-) I just managed to get my '71 Mach 1 (351C 4V Toploader) back on the road with historic license plates after 14 years of restoration.

Regards, Manfred (Bavaria)

Willkommen or::welcome:: Where are you in Germany? I was station at Spangdahlem afb for 3 years 88-91. Yeah it was a few years ago, but I loved it there. The German inspection is a pain in the a__, But hey when in Rome, Do as the Romans right....Seems I had more troubles getting mine to pass inspection for shipping it back but thats all a money thing.

Good Luck, Thank You for your service and Keep America Strong

Willkommen or::welcome:: Where are you in Germany? I was station at Spangdahlem afb for 3 years 88-91. Yeah it was a few years ago, but I loved it there. The German inspection is a pain in the a__, But hey when in Rome, Do as the Romans right....Seems I had more troubles getting mine to pass inspection for shipping it back but thats all a money thing.

Good Luck, Thank You for your service and Keep America Strong
I am in Mannheim. I didn't even bother trying to bring the mach 1 here, its a 50% restored street/strip car and I know they would have a problem with just about the entire car lol. I bought a 2010 Mustang GT since I've been here though so I can still go to the race track.

WELCOME aboard, WIDOWMAKER!

For years I had an urge to get my '73 Mach I on the Autobahn! Unfortunately, I was never stationed (permanently) there so I never got the opportunity.

I believe you will like it here as we have a number of active duty and/or veterans who share your apparent interest in the '71 - '73 Mustangs.

Again, Welcome!

BT

Welcome aboard.

If you ever go to Munich make sure you go eat at the Hofbräuhaus beer garden the beer and the food is awesome although the beer mugs could be a little bigger.

DSCN0332.jpg

Welcome aboard.

If you ever go to Munich make sure you go eat at the Hofbräuhaus beer garden the beer and the food is awesome although the beer mugs could be a little bigger.
lol I've been to Munich but unfortunately I don't remember much of it, mainly due to those beer mugs.

I put a couple videos up in the youtube section, one of the mach 1 and one of the GT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Welcome to the site and thank you for serving. I was also stationed in Germany, in a previous century. Hahn AFB, 1974 - 1976. Get out and mix with the locals and make an effort to learn a few words. If they see you are making an effort they will suddenly remember they took english in school.

Good Luck,

Chuck

Welcome to the site and thank you for serving. I was also stationed in Germany, in a previous century. Hahn AFB, 1974 - 1976. Get out and mix with the locals and make an effort to learn a few words. If they see you are making an effort they will suddenly remember they took english in school.

Good Luck,

Chuck
Hahn doesn't even exist anymore, I had to look it up to even see what your talking about lol. Yeah I know enough to make the mcdonalds menu less confusing, and I swear the germans speak better english than we do.

I had to laugh when you said you had to look up Hahn AFB because it does not exist anymore. Guess it really does suck getting old with little reminders like this confirm it. When I was stationed at Spangdahlem AFB, Hahn and Bitburg was our two main rivals in base league football. Wow thanks for the memories:cool:

The good thing about getting older is it beats the option. Hahn is now a commercial airport serving carriers like Ryan Air. Oh well I have to go. I have an engine to install.

Chuck

I had to laugh when you said you had to look up Hahn AFB because it does not exist anymore. Guess it really does suck getting old with little reminders like this confirm it. When I was stationed at Spangdahlem AFB, Hahn and Bitburg was our two main rivals in base league football. Wow thanks for the memories:cool:
I do know Bitburg though, they have a few drag racing events there throughout the summer on the airstrip.

The good thing about getting older is it beats the option. Hahn is now a commercial airport serving carriers like Ryan Air. Oh well I have to go. I have an engine to install.

Chuck
The alternative really does sucks:angel: But you know why are things always better when you think back on them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back