351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

On 7/2/2021 at 6:36 PM, 73429mach said:

Looks good Mike! What kind of wheel are you going with? Ryan

I think it's a Scott drake by Corsa wheels

- Mike

On 7/3/2021 at 4:49 AM, 73' mach 1 said:

This is one hell of a restoration. Great job. If you ever change your mind on the hydraulic clutch, Malwood makes a great kit. Thats what I have on mine and it feels like my wife's jetta. 

I battled with this hydraulic/cable decision for awhile.  I just know I would be the guy have problems with hydraulic.

Just got done with battle in my head over cam choice. Now it's electric or clutch fan. LOL 

• LOL 1

- Mike

42 minutes ago, mach71351c said:

Progress from the weekend.  I received my clock to tech conversion from Bob RCC innovations. What a cool piece. Pulled out my spare clusters and got busy cleaning. Painted the needle on the speedo and reassembled with a new lens from Don Ohio mustang.  

On to steering column and MDL clutch cable. Then cluster and steering wheel.

Holding off on installing the horn button till after I get the car aligned. I'm sure wheel need to be lined up.  

IMG_2779.JPG

IMG_2782.JPG

IMG_2785.JPG

IMG_2783.JPG

Great steering wheel choice. Same as mine. I also have the MDL cable kit.

20160929_171923_edit2_small.jpg

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

24 minutes ago, tony-muscle said:

Great steering wheel choice. Same as mine. I also have the MDL cable kit.

Thanks Tony, There is allot about your car that has inspired me on my build. 

- Mike

• 2 weeks later...

My intention this weekend was to dig my back window out of my closet and get it ready for install. 

Instead I did the  throttle cable and charcoal canister . 

IMG_2790.JPG

• Like 2

- Mike

Detailed nice :thumb: 

It's also the small projects - better these done than nothing! 

Tim

Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly :runninpony:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

I was talking to my brother on the phone this week telling him that I thought the shifter that came with the Tremec is a little tall.  I received package yesterday with a note " thanks for helping me move to AZ " He sent the original Hurst shifter to his Boss 302 telling me he had bought a N.O.S for the car years ago.      

IMG_2794.JPG

Edited by mach71351c
  • Like 1

- Mike

14 hours ago, mach71351c said:

I was talking to my brother on the phone this week telling him that I thought the shifter that came with the Tremec is a little tall.  I received package yesterday with a note " thanks for helping me move to AZ " He sent the original Hurst shifter to his Boss 302 telling me he had bought a N.O.S for the car years ago.      

IMG_2794.JPG

Which one is the one on the right?

1971 M-Code Mach 1 w/Ram Air, 408 stroker, 285/291 0.558" roller cam, Blue Thunder intake, TKO600, Hooker headers with electric cut-offs, FiTech EFI w/ RobBMC PowerSurge pump

Strange center section with Truetrac, 3.5 gear and 31 spline axles, 4-wheel disc brakes

15 hours ago, Hemikiller said:

I'd cut that new Hurst to pieces before ever thinking about touching the 70 stick. 

My plan is to cut the new one down first.   I do think the new one is too long as well.

- Mike

3 minutes ago, mach71351c said:

The one on the right is the new stick that came with the Tremec.

Let me know how it looks/feel with the shorter Hurst. Right now I have the long one that came with it and I feel that I could use a shorter one.

• Like 1

I made mine from a hunk of 1/2" aluminum. I just cut away everything that didn't look like a shifter lever. 

• Like 1

[align=left]Jeff T.

When I die I want to die like grandpa, peacefully in my sleep... not screaming, like his passengers. [/align]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Knocking out those small parts now will help speed things up once you get your engine back.  Your going to have some nice pony power under your hood.    Looking really good.

• Thanks 1

Kilgon

"The only dumb question is the one not asked"