351 4v ( 408 and TKX )

The rate that your going you'll be ready for paint in no time. Are you going to paint it yourself? What color? Ryan

Yes and no. I'm having a good friend of mine that's visiting from Connecticut spray it. He is production painter at a Chevrolet dealer. I'm going to go with 2008 Torch red.

- Mike

My Gawd, that's awesome! ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

I can't wait to see how this plays out. If I may be so bold as to say, I believe I'm gettin' wood. :cool:

Ummm... I totally meant that 'figuratively,' of course. :whistling:

rofl

Eric

mach1sig2.gif

Have you ever been to France?

If not you are invited at home for a few month (for free) My car is waiting in the garage :)

Your thread started with that cool Story about this 4V engine, and the rest is amazing, I wish to get enough knowledge to paint, weld, redress...well, all what you are doing to restore your Mustang.

Bravo!!!

This thread starts with a cool story about this 4V engine

Mustang, beer and rock'nroll

Mike, your doing an amazing job on your car. When it's all done shoot me a email and I will try to get the wife and I to make trip up there to see it in person. Besides that would give her a reason to go back to the beach. Lol.

I have not seen how Jim's car is coming Alone but, I am sure his wife is happy to have the kitchen back. Really enjoyed our visit and looking forward to seeing it at cruzin grand.

Tim

I am happy to see you are back on this project my friend. I need to get my butt over there one weekend to check it out! Mine runs, but need major carb tuning, which I apparently have no idea how to do...

1_12_09_14_10_32_45.png

- Nik

Have you ever been to France?

If not you are invited at home for a few month (for free) My car is waiting in the garage :)

Your thread started with that cool Story about this 4V engine, and the rest is amazing, I wish to get enough knowledge to paint, weld, redress...well, all what you are doing to restore your Mustang.

Bravo!!!

This thread starts with a cool story about this 4V engine

Thanks for the kind words.

Mike, your doing an amazing job on your car. When it's all done shoot me a email and I will try to get the wife and I to make trip up there to see it in person. Besides that would give her a reason to go back to the beach. Lol.

I have not seen how Jim's car is coming Alone but, I am sure his wife is happy to have the kitchen back. Really enjoyed our visit and looking forward to seeing it at cruzin grand.

Tim

Thanks Tim. Be leave me I can't wait to take it to Grand. The next time you and wife come out ship the 73 first so you can take it to Grand.

My Gawd, that's awesome! ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

I can't wait to see how this plays out. If I may be so bold as to say, I believe I'm gettin' wood. :cool:

Ummm... I totally meant that 'figuratively,' of course. :whistling:

rofl

Hold that thought Eric and stay tuned!

I am happy to see you are back on this project my friend. I need to get my butt over there one weekend to check it out! Mine runs, but need major carb tuning, which I apparently have no idea how to do...

Hey Nik, You will have to come up after we get some color on it.

- Mike

Today I cut the holes in the hood for the twist locks. I would be lying if didn't say I was a little scared cutting 2 big holes in my near perfect original hood.:-/

We also got started on the block sanding.

IMG_1634.thumb.JPG.84afe4c1baf9bc4c3c5f7962f8163775.JPG

- Mike

Mike,

When mine gets to final prime you'll have to do mine. " Accepting all the responsibility if it goes wrong of course"?.

Oh no, I don't know if I can go threw that again!

- Mike

Looks like your at the same stage as me. The only thing i did different was to wait and do my final block sanding on the body after i spray the jambs.The weather here is supposed to be in the sixties Saturday, hopefully I can get my jambs sprayed also. Keep up the good work! Ryan

1973 Mach 1, Porsche Guards Red, 429/C6

1972 Mach 1, Grabber Blue, 302/C4, currently under construction

Looks like your at the same stage as me. The only thing i did different was to wait and do my final block sanding on the body after i spray the jambs.The weather here is supposed to be in the sixties Saturday, hopefully I can get my jambs sprayed also. Keep up the good work! Ryan

That's the plan as well. After the painting of the jam's and reinstalling the panels it will get blocked one last time. Mike

- Mike

Jesus dude, you are braver than I am for cutting those twist lock holes!

Yeah I was a little scared lol.:cool:

I'm seeing red!! :cool: Still need to do the hood bumper and the small parts.

IMG_1655.thumb.JPG.02e098bcef7da11c12bfd395e8b2eebd.JPG

IMG_1649.thumb.JPG.42fc164ee280a890d3f587ae7872977b.JPG

IMG_1651.thumb.JPG.6cc5dd14e4adc0924723fb5855a2363f.JPG

IMG_1652.thumb.JPG.5254937b04b6431b06fa04604e94e389.JPG

- Mike

That looks great! Are you using basecoat clear coat or single stage? That red really pops! Ryan

1973 Mach 1, Porsche Guards Red, 429/C6

1972 Mach 1, Grabber Blue, 302/C4, currently under construction

i hope the cash and energy lasts for the rest of the build , its looking very very clean, good work i'am very happy for you and the progress , hope we can get all the local guys together for a meet up with you and SDSTANG when the 2 are fnished

norm

• mach71351c changed the title to 351 4v ( 408 and TKX )