ID Tag & Build Sheet decoding - 69 Cougar

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
72 Mach 1 H-Code (Concourse)
67 GT S-Code 4sp
In my ongoing search for an battery apron support I was directed to West Coasr Cougars. As many may know the cougar and mustang were siblings from the same production line. Well, I found a great apron that is currently being shipped my way. Christmas come early! When I receive the order confirmation it had a link to their website. In browsing the website I came across this video they have posted for a 69 429 CJ Cougar. They are decoding all of the id's they can locate. In the video they pull the build sheet from under the carpeting at the 17:00 minute mark. They provide a brief over view of some of the codes on the build sheet. I would beleive these codes would be similiar to those of the mustang as they were heading down the same line. I am not 100% sure, but it is a possible link to those of us attempting to decode out sheets. It is a great overall decoding video. Enjoy.

Brian

Fantastic Brian!... really interesting vid.... i love to see this kinda data about how our cars supposed to be exactely... Even if you are not going for a stock resto, taking a day and try to find this things out is a good historical feeling in my opinion :)

Back