73 Convertible in sunny Florida

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

73ragtop

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Convertible
351C 2V C6
AC, PS, PW, PB
Well, actually not all that sunny...and the Mustang has been in the garage for many months. I have a 351C 2V, PS/PB/AC/AT/PT. There are only 47K original miles on the car. Pretty much stock except for an aftermarket steering wheel, dual exhaust, and a repaint. It's rust free. Had some problems with the motor months ago, and haven't had time to dig into it. I really think a valve head broke off.

I really like the car, but even when it was running great, it was a dog. I think I am looking for any excuse to put a stroker in it.

Great site. I have been lurking for a while, and look forward to the continuing education.

Welcome to the club, ragtop! Please post pics ASAP! I can't wait to see a 73 convertible with only 47K miles. Don't hesitate to ask questions and get opinions. Most of us are in the middle of one project or another, and you can find a ton of knowledge and wisdom in here.

Again, welcome!

Doc

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

WELCOME aboard!

As you have probably noticed, we have folks on the site who are interested in ALL the different approaches to our hobby. You have found a home and I look forward to interacting with you on the forums.

Again, Welcome!

BT

Welcome aboard! Nice to have another 73 convertible here.

Mike

Glad you joined us. This is a great site and helpful people. I just built a 408 stroker for my 72. If I can help feel free to contact me.

Chuck

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. My Mustang is in Panama City Beach. One of the reasons I haven’t been working on it, is because I am in Afghanistan. I should be home by Thanksgiving though, and plan on diving into it head first. I will definitely be asking you guys about your strokers. I am really leaning in that direction. As a matter of fact, I think I am going to end up replacing/rebuilding the whole power train. It has a C6 transmission with a slight leak, and an 8 inch rear with highway gear 2.7X?

My car is really ho-hum to look at. Especially compared to say…a white convertible with white top, cool hood scoops, hockey stripe, deluxe wheels, and spoilers.

Mine is ginger, with ginger deluxe interior, white top, standard hood, and the deluxe aluminum wheels.

The 351C 2bbl engine can be hopped up to perform fairly decent but of course the 4bbl Cleveland has much larger exhaust and intake ports and compression, etc. Find a nine inch rear end and consider 3.5 gears with a late model overdrive tranny. Lastly, thanks for serving our country.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. My Mustang is in Panama City Beach. One of the reasons I haven’t been working on it, is because I am in Afghanistan. I should be home by Thanksgiving though, and plan on diving into it head first. I will definitely be asking you guys about your strokers. I am really leaning in that direction. As a matter of fact, I think I am going to end up replacing/rebuilding the whole power train. It has a C6 transmission with a slight leak, and an 8 inch rear with highway gear 2.7X?

My car is really ho-hum to look at. Especially compared to say…a white convertible with white top, cool hood scoops, hockey stripe, deluxe wheels, and spoilers.

Mine is ginger, with ginger deluxe interior, white top, standard hood, and the deluxe aluminum wheels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome 73ragtop. Ditto 73vertproject's request...please post a pic or two. I can't imagine a ho-hum 73 convertible with 47k, but I'd like to hum along...

Well, actually not all that sunny...and the Mustang has been in the garage for many months. I have a 351C 2V, PS/PB/AC/AT/PT. There are only 47K original miles on the car. Pretty much stock except for an aftermarket steering wheel, dual exhaust, and a repaint. It's rust free. Had some problems with the motor months ago, and haven't had time to dig into it. I really think a valve head broke off.

I really like the car, but even when it was running great, it was a dog. I think I am looking for any excuse to put a stroker in it.

Great site. I have been lurking for a while, and look forward to the continuing education.
Welcome to the site.... from Cocoa Beach Florida.

Welcome from Sunny Phoenix.

First, thank you for your service.

Second, there is not such thing as a ho hum 73 mustang convertible. They are all cool and each has its own personality.

Third, yeah, I would be surprised if it had an 8" rear end. If was was 351C from the factory it is very unlikely. But lots can happen over 40 years.

Forth, again, thank you for your service. Some do, others can only thank you. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back