Diamonds Are Forever - James Bond Mach1

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Mach1, 2003 Cobra coupe
Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I believe so many of the 71-73 mustangs were painted red when I was on the show circuit over there from 93-01.

I've done a lot of reading about this car since my car is so similar to the movie cars. The movie car was actually several cars. Some had 302s and 351s. 1 or 2 were 429s. The Mach 1s had to have their hoods painted solid red because the first cars filmed were solid red cars without the two tone hood.

That was actually one of the worst mistakes in the history of film making, if you ask me. The seen was filmed on two different locations and different days but, I mean couldn´t they at least have checked which way the car went into the alley?!?:huh:

I read that the first stunt driver wasn´t able to do the two wheel stunt and rolled two of the (new) cars before he even got to he entry of the alley. Supposedly one of those two cars was later used to jump over the ramp when they escaped from the (iIrc) parking lot.

Still that mistake kinda ruins the whole movie for me...:(

You may have already seen all this stuff, but if not, check out this link about the controversy surrounding the "Diamonds Are Forever" Mustang. Let all of the images load, as there are notes and correspondence from Lois Emminger and Donald Farr too ! Really cool stuff!

AND if you happen too have a low sequence number on your VIN for 1971, you just might find your car on the list there. Happy reading !

http://www.network54.com/Forum/234286/thread/1219631751/Diamonds+are+Forever+Car+on+Ebay

-Andy

You may have already seen all this stuff, but if not, check out this link about the controversy surrounding the "Diamonds Are Forever" Mustang. Let all of the images load, as there are notes and correspondence from Lois Emminger and Donald Farr too ! Really cool stuff!

AND if you happen too have a low sequence number on your VIN for 1971, you just might find your car on the list there. Happy reading !

http://www.network54.com/Forum/234286/thread/1219631751/Diamonds+are+Forever+Car+on+Ebay

-Andy
Our very own Hemikiller started that thread. Awesome info. The Bond cars were built in Aug. 1970 and had VINs in the range of 100031 to 100129 or so.

My Bond looking car is also a very early 71 M-code in Red with Vermilion sport interior & fold down seat. It was made on Oct 9, 1970. VIN: 124xxx.

i really need to see this movie since my car is a star car look alike. :D

At least one source has told me that my Boss prototype left Dearborn on the same load of cars as the Diamonds Are Forever Cars, bound for LasVegas, NV. My sequence number being 100053, and the same date of build and release. Amazing.

Did you know that they had to hire Joe E. Chitwood (sp?) the stunt driver to complete that alley scene with the car on its side? The previous stunt drivers had destroyed all of the other cars trying to do the scene, and since they only had one left, they had to bring in a better stunt guy, aka Chitwood. That's probably why they didn't re-shoot the scene after the famous mistake.

I have also read that they later flipped the negatives and re-edited the scene, but Bond is then seen driving on the wrong side of the car from when he entered the alley

On the DVD that I own it has a scene cut in the middle where Bond apparently goes from the right two wheels and then onto the left two wheels. Some screeching sounds in the background but all you basically see is his face and upper body.

If that's the original movie car someone really hosed it over before the museum got it.
I agree; doesn't look like the one I remember seeing in the movie, especially the stripes.

Back