Collectors Dream 73 Mustang on Ebay

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Having grown up in the 50s, 60s and 70s, I must admit that I "resemble" that remark:).

It is obvious his Dad built the Mustang the way he wanted it and I am sure there are others out there who share some (if not all) of his Dad's approach to the modifications that were made.

While a person might receive a less than positive response if they request a specific opinion relative to an intended approach, one of the GREAT things I love about this Site is the often stated and/or inferred position that We will support every Member in whatever approach he/she decides to take with their 1971 - 1973 Mustangs.

As a "Modifier" and having seen the "bashings" that often goes on at some Sites, it is NICE to see the continual support our Membership has exhibited to others in their approach. I believe there REALLY is room for everyone "at the table" and no need to make (or encourage) unnecessary disparaging remarks that could generate uncomfortable situations for other Members.

As the owner of two of the perennial "step children" of the Mustang World, I believe we should be better than that; specifically, we should not "attack" the approach other 1971 - 1973 Mustangs owners have taken with THEIR Mustangs.

Just my $.02:).

BT

You're right BT. While I'm mostly a stock look kind of guy I can appreciate custom cars.

That car admittedly was sitting for quite some time. That style of heavy striping from decades ago could be seen on various cars & this is one of those cars.

It looks like a fairly solid car to begin with as a project.

This car or any solid 73 sportsroof would be perfect to redo as an Eleanor clone. That car was modified in its own right but pretty plain when you look at it in the movie.

Those rear seats with Royal Throne motif say a lot about when this car was modded.

Style is in the eye of the beholder, it's not my style....but it appears to be running and has no rust holes like my project

I agree that it is not my style, but you never know who it belongs to. It may even belong to someone on this site. I'm new to the site, but I think it is important to try to make it a habit not to say anything I wouldn't say in front of the person I am talking about. I have been guilty of it myself, so am not judging....just be sure you think about what you're saying before you say it.

I think that's what BT was trying to say. My original response was pretty negative towards the car, but I decided to remove the comment because the owner didn't solicit opinions. However, if opinions are asked for...fair game.

It seems like I've seen several of our cars with that fender flair/running board thing going on.

The fog lights in the front actually almost look good to me. If they were in the grill (like the '69) I think they would look cool.

Back