UPDATE BACKYARD FIND 72 FASTBACK

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Guy's ,

I'm sure a lot you have seen the post i made about the 1972 fastback I found & left a deposit on ..After much thought I decided to bail:(..see the thread here http://www.7173mustangs.com/thread-look-at-what-i-found-in-my-backyard The main reason being is that it would take away time from my current mustang project..& the Camaro still needs some odds & ends too for the upcoming show car circuit.. I'm looking to move to Colorado within the next 3 years & spent the last year cleaning out getting rid of ton's of stuff that I have accumulated over the years I need to stay on that path & not bring another car project into my life. That being said I already negotiated a steal of a price & if anyone is interested I will do what I can to help you get pickup the car. You will not find a more soild car to start with than this for $1300.00 ! at least here in the northeast

I get that completely, Scott, which is why I'm glad I'm not within a day of you and that car. It's going to make someone here a sweet deal.
I've driven to Fla. twice, first time with a bud straight through from N.Y. to Fla

something like 23 hours We took turns one guy sleeps the other drives. 2nd with my wife & son..Stopped in S.C. overnight & there the next day. It can be done in a day :-/

Scott glad your staying focused on moving to beautiful Colorado. It's just hard to pass on a good project. Just remember western cars are so much better to start with.
Agreed..Car's aren't my only hobby & it's amazing how much stuff you can collect amass living in one place for over 20 years , I still have 1 more round of stuff to go to the swap meet in may ..I've lighted my load & need to stay focused ! My son is bumming but understands..I explained to him that as long as you have the $$$ You can always buy cars. ...I got blinded by the light :)

Last edited by a moderator:
$1300 is a steal! If I hadn't already allocated my mustang budget for next year, I'd be all over that & ditch one of my rustier ones. :-/

If I could stack them like cord wood I'd have more of them for sure.

$1300 is a steal! If I hadn't already allocated my mustang budget for next year, I'd be all over that & ditch one of my rustier ones. :-/
Sounds to me like one ditched itself for you a couple of days ago. Maybe that was a hint!
Yeah literally!... right in the ditch. lol The goal is to get down to 4 Mach 1's. ;)

Sounds to me like one ditched itself for you a couple of days ago. Maybe that was a hint!
Yeah literally!... right in the ditch. lol The goal is to get down to 4 Mach 1's. ;)
Everything that goes up must come down. The question though is have you gone far enough up? I mean is it possible that one more is completion? Or a new beginning?

Everything that goes up must come down. The question though is have you gone far enough up? I mean is it possible that one more is completion? Or a new beginning?
It already happened. :) I didn't broadcast it too loud on here but I bought a couple of other Mach 1s. In November I had a total of 8 of them. The one I sold my brother-in-law looks like he can't get because he was laid off right after he said he'd buy it. Sooo, I guess I currently still have 7 if we count that car. I hope he gets it but if not I'll list it for sale again.

Back