Doing some Paint Shop testing

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Detector

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mach 1 Q Code
1995 GT Convertible
Was Paint Shop'ing some ideas to see what I liked. Any custom ideas?

side-touchedup640.jpg

I like the look of all three pics on the left with my favorite being the top left. The Ford designer who did that stripe did it right with that design IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the Boss 302 stripe (left, middle) or the Mach hockey stick stripes (right, bottom)

To see a 73 Mach (or even a clone) with the correct stripes (upper left) has always appealed to me.

I'm sure many bought theiir 73 Mach's new just to have the dealer place the hockey stick stripes on their car...

My second choice would be the hockey stick stripes.

However you decide - enjoy!

Ray

My car is like the 2 on the right, black underbelly but no hockey sticks don't like them much. U'd be surprised how many people don't even notice, and I love the look.

I have always liked the 71/72 hockey stripe - for the 71/72 cars. The 73 stripe has grown on me as I prefer it to no stripe.

My thought has been the possibility of using a Torino-like Lazer Stripe following the same factory 73 stripe.

I vote the three on the left, number two and three being my favorites. They are "wrong" for the 73 Mustang, but they are typical Mustang stripes (although for 1970). I think it stays in style but adds a custom touch to the car.

Been contemplating those two options for mine too for a while. Haven´t decided yet, though.

As for custom ideas, I came up with this one two years ago.

I know it kinda screams "Mopar" but I dig it.

DSC_50096 a.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I vote the three on the left, number two and three being my favorites. They are "wrong" for the 73 Mustang, but they are typical Mustang stripes (although for 1970). I think it stays in style but adds a custom touch to the car.

Been contemplating those two options for mine too for a while. Haven´t decided yet, though.

As for custom ideas, I came up with this one two years ago.

I know it kinda screams "Mopar" but I dig it.
Mike

It might scream Mopar but that stripe actually works!

Back