7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX69

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 351C 4V 4 speed.
Hello!,

I ran across this website while searching for 71 mustang information. I have enjoyed the site a lot and decided to register. Its nice to see a site devoted to the 71-73 mustang only!

I am an electronic technician in Chandler Arizona. I have had three Mach 1 since I graduated high school in 1987. I did complete restorations on all of them and the one I have now I just finished in May of this year. When I bought the car in 2002 I did not realize that it was the very same car that was owned by one of my classmates when I was a junior in high school. He used to bring it into the auto shop class and we would do projects on it. It was the car that got me interested in Mustangs. When I took the dash apart during restoration I found his insurance card and application for custom license plates.

The car was originally dark green metallic with argent and a ginger interior.

I decided to make the car look like the one used in the 1971 James Bond movie Diamonds are Forever. Everything is concours correct except the color change on the paint and interior. The only thing I added was ram air. Everything else is just the way it left the factory.

Dennis

Drivers side 10-17-10.JPGPassenger side Coil Spring.JPGEngine 10-17-10.JPG

WELCOME aboard, Dennis!

It would appear you have put a lot of time and effort into your restoration - - GREAT job!!

I am glad you decided to register and really look forward to interacting with you on the forums.

BT

ah that is a thing of beauty :D welcome.

Welcome to the forums! That is one clean Mach 1! Glad to have you aboard!

::welcome::

Thanks everybody for the very warm welcome!! I am glad to be a part of the forum! Hopefully I can contribute some useful information from time to time.

Nance was asking for more photos so here are some more.

Dennis

Rear 10-17-10.JPG

Trunk_3 10-17-10.JPG

Interior_1 10-17-10.JPG

Back seat 10-17-10.JPG

Finished Engine.JPG

Great looking car! The effort you but into the restoration is obvious. Welcome to a great and helpful site. I was also an electronics technician for many years.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back