• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to 7173 Mustangs.com and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MANY 71-73 CONVERTIBLES FOR SALE, MOST EXTREMELY RARE WITH VERY DESIREABLE OPTIONS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm probably the biggest collector of 71-73 convertibles in the world (no BS). I have some really rare cars for sale. Most are projects, many are Q-codes or M-codes, some are restorable, some are good for parts, some are looking for a good donor bodies. Lots of unfinished projects that just need final reassembly, with paint work already done. Call me, tell me what you have to spend, and I'll make it worth your while. Way too many to post on this site at one time. I've been hoarding these cars for too long. Time to give some other guys a chance. I have parts, motors, transmissions too. I'm in Bessemer/Birmingham AL. Bring a couple semi trucks and lots of moving help. You'll be glad you did. Oh, and also bring a lot of cash. Money talks. First come, first serve. It's best if you just come and bring cash and car haulers. I don't have the time to send millions of pictures of 30+ cars for someone who has no intent of buying anything. I'm glad someone started this site. It's about time these cars got the attention they deserve! Kevin. 205-222-3646. [email protected].

Hello Kevin and welcome to the site!! I recently joined this incredible site. lots of good people willing to help with advice and selling and buying cars.

Luis

I'm probably the biggest collector of 71-73 convertibles in the world (no BS). I have some really rare cars for sale. Most are projects, many are Q-codes or M-codes, some are restorable, some are good for parts, some are looking for a good donor bodies. Lots of unfinished projects that just need final reassembly, with paint work already done. Call me, tell me what you have to spend, and I'll make it worth your while. Way too many to post on this site at one time. I've been hoarding these cars for too long. Time to give some other guys a chance. I have parts, motors, transmissions too. I'm in Bessemer/Birmingham AL. Bring a couple semi trucks and lots of moving help. You'll be glad you did. Oh, and also bring a lot of cash. Money talks. First come, first serve. It's best if you just come and bring cash and car haulers. I don't have the time to send millions of pictures of 30+ cars for someone who has no intent of buying anything. I'm glad someone started this site. It's about time these cars got the attention they deserve! Kevin. 205-222-3646. [email protected].
I hear that..Cash in hand always wins the race...& I Always bring cash when I look at cars I'm interested in Not the "I'll let you know I gotta ask the wife" which means NO SALE. BUT for a lot of guy's here who live far away with out at least 1 picture who in there right mind is gonna hop a plane with a wad cash to see what might be a lot of rusted out junk. Now I'm not saying thats what you have . But whats good cars to one guy might be crap to another. I've looked at plenty of cars that were described as mint that when I drove 5 hours to look at turned out to be junk..Wanna sell your stuff quick? Put a few pics up. JMHO

Kevin; how about providing an inventory list of what you have...kinda like I did with my signature showing my Mach 1s. But also include the general condition of the car as well.

Kevin; how about providing an inventory list of what you have...kinda like I did with my signature showing my Mach 1s. But also include the general condition of the car as well.
Yeah - a list of VIN's if nothing else would be nice. Sounds like him having a sprint convertible would be a shot in the dark but Q code convertibles are very rare and desirable if in good condition.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kevin, How did you come by all of these convertibles?

A few examples of what you have would be more enticing. Definitely an inventory.

Hi, Guys. It's complicated. You have to read between the lines. I want to protect the buyer of the car so that he can do what he wants with the car and not worry about every pie in the sky guy who will never own a real car trash it by saying, "Oh yeah, I know that car. I saw it on the post and it was a POS!" Never mind the fact that the guy spent a $100000 restoring it. That's why I don't put all my cars on Ebay. Again, read between the lines. Yes, as I said some of my cars are VERY rough. But the reality, like it or not, is that most of the rarest cars went up north and were ravaged by salt. I'm not representing the cars to be anything but what they are. But I don't want to spoil it for some guy who can't afford a concourse lifelong low mileage California car but still wants to own a rare piece of history and do with it what he wants. So I just feel if someone is really interested, they'll take the time to call and talk to me. That way, someone can be sure that if they buy one of my cars (Or what's left of them) they won't have to worry about every Tom, Dick, and Harry trashing the car because of what it "used to be." Believe me, if I had a stable of rare concourse cars for sale, they wouldn't be posted on this site, they'd be at Barrett Jackson. And I wouldn't be giving those cars away either, like I am the cars I'm talking about selling. As I said in my post, I have M-codes, Q-codes, many one of one cars, etc. If I had the time and resources, they would all be at Barrett Jackson. But I have come to realize as I get older, that I will never have the time to finish all my projects, so it's time to turn some over to enthusiasts who can focus on one car and do it right. I'll leave it at that for now. I'm having problems uploading pics of cars I have finished in the past. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Kevin 205-222-3646.

Hi, Guys. It's complicated. You have to read between the lines. I want to protect the buyer of the car so that he can do what he wants with the car and not worry about every pie in the sky guy who will never own a real car trash it by saying, "Oh yeah, I know that car. I saw it on the post and it was a POS!" Never mind the fact that the guy spent a $100000 restoring it. That's why I don't put all my cars on Ebay. Again, read between the lines. Yes, as I said some of my cars are VERY rough. But the reality, like it or not, is that most of the rarest cars went up north and were ravaged by salt. I'm not representing the cars to be anything but what they are. But I don't want to spoil it for some guy who can't afford a concourse lifelong low mileage California car but still wants to own a rare piece of history and do with it what he wants. So I just feel if someone is really interested, they'll take the time to call and talk to me. That way, someone can be sure that if they buy one of my cars (Or what's left of them) they won't have to worry about every Tom, Dick, and Harry trashing the car because of what it "used to be." Believe me, if I had a stable of rare concourse cars for sale, they wouldn't be posted on this site, they'd be at Barrett Jackson. And I wouldn't be giving those cars away either, like I am the cars I'm talking about selling. As I said in my post, I have M-codes, Q-codes, many one of one cars, etc. If I had the time and resources, they would all be at Barrett Jackson. But I have come to realize as I get older, that I will never have the time to finish all my projects, so it's time to turn some over to enthusiasts who can focus on one car and do it right. I'll leave it at that for now. I'm having problems uploading pics of cars I have finished in the past. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Kevin 205-222-3646.
I think everyone would just like a few examples of the cars you have, a short list, a few pics or something.

Hi, Guys. It's complicated. You have to read between the lines. But I have come to realize as I get older, that I will never have the time to finish all my projects,
How true ..I came to that realization 2 years ago which is why I cleaned house BIG TIME ! 1 more load to the swap meet in may Yipee & I'm pretty good to go ! I never like "complicated" types of deals..To much b.s & drama.. Makes no sense..You have something to sell..Show me the item..I'm interested I come with cash..We negotiate a price..I put the cash in your hand..DONE..NICE & SIMPLE:p

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get any pics to upload

It looks like all my photos are too big. Does anyone know how to shrink them?
You can edit the picture size to a smaller size and resave them under another name. The other trick is right click on the picture - send to a draft email and it will ask you if you want to reduce the size - say yes and when the email opens up click on the smaller size file and then save it. The 2nd way sounds like a pain but I've got the process down to maybe 15 seconds per picture.

I called Kevin today. What a super nice guy to talk to! We talked for a long time. He told me his side of the story and based on hearing it I think he truly has some very, very rare cars. I also believe that he may very well have the largest collection of 71-73 convertibles on the planet :exclamation: He has been snatching up these verts ever since the 70's!

He said he is reluctant to post photos of any specific car to the whole world in that the new owner may want to restore it or do rust repair, etc. without the whole mustang world knowing about it. For example, if we were talking about an extremely rare car, say a sprint convertible (he doesn't have one that I know of), whenever someone searched for a sprint convertible on the net his rusty one would show up in all it's glory...no matter how many thousands of dollars the new owner spends fixing it up there on the net would be the old photos. Maybe that's not the best wording but I can respect what he told me and his reasoning. He will send specific car photos to potential buyers after they call him. He did agree to post some pics though.

Anyway, he has a bunch of cars and he & I are looking forward to me stopping by, seeing the cars first hand, and grabbing lunch or dinner the next time I pass through.

I called Kevin today. What a super nice guy to talk to! We talked for a long time. He told me his side of the story and based on hearing it I think he truly has some very, very rare cars. I also believe that he may very well have the largest collection of 71-73 convertibles on the planet :exclamation: He has been snatching up these verts ever since the 70's!

He said he is reluctant to post photos of any specific car to the whole world in that the new owner may want to restore it or do rust repair, etc. without the whole mustang world knowing about it. For example, if we were talking about an extremely rare car, say a sprint convertible (he doesn't have one that I know of), whenever someone searched for a sprint convertible on the net his rusty one would show up in all it's glory...no matter how many thousands of dollars the new owner spends fixing it up there on the net would be the old photos. Maybe that's not the best wording but I can respect what he told me and his reasoning. He will send specific car photos to potential buyers after they call him. He did agree to post some pics though.

Anyway, he has a bunch of cars and he & I are looking forward to me stopping by, seeing the cars first hand, and grabbing lunch or dinner the next time I pass through.

Sounds like a great opportunity to find a convertible if you have been wanting one.

By the way, I checked my garage and mine is still there and not in Alabama! :>

Back