New Member - Hello

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

droussey

Reaction score
My Car
1973 Mustang Mach 1
Hello all,

Just signed on as a member. In September, 2011 I purchased a 1973 Mustang Mach 1 in Pennsylvania. Runs and operates just fine. No abuse but lots of neglect. Plan to restore and drive it as well. Looking to learn as much as I can about this Mach 1:

Any and all thoughts are welcome.

2011-08-20135628.jpg

- David

Trenton, Mi.

Welcome from Mobile, AL. It looks like you have a very nice car! Be sure to pin your area of the world on our member map under the fun stuff link above.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice Mustang! Glad t have you aboard...can't wait to see and hear more about the car!

::welcome::

::welcome:: from Florida. Nice car - doesn't look like there's a whole lot of heavy lifting to restore it. Drive while you restore sounds like a great plan. I push mine around on the dolly and have someone make motor sounds every once in a while. :p

Many compliments...Thank you all - glad to be here!

A few replies:

Don65: 1st thing I did was put my pin in the map - thanks for the suggestion.

I plan to restore, but not strictly to original. It will not be a daily driver. I do intend to show it a few times. It is currently registered for the Onsted Kiwanis Car Show on July 14th, 2012. It will be held on the infield of the Michigan International Speedway. At the end of the day, I get to take it for 1 or 2 laps around the track!

http://www.onstedcarshow.com/

Droptop, please consider coming as well. Would like to meet you there.

VaMach1: That is great - thank you. Yours is absolutely beautiful. You are right, they are twins, but you easily get the nod for better condition. The black on my hood does not finish where it's supposed to. Not sure why. One of my short-term items to work on.

72Mike: The undercarriage tells a different story. Nothing structural, but it is going to take a lot of clean-up. Eastwood is gonna love me by spring...

Winter projects currently include engine detailing, Master Cylinder/Brake Booster, Frt/Rr Brakes and then re-finishing the driveshaft, leaf springs and rear end. Then I have to get serious about this...

Will post more pics soon. I know so little about restoration so am going very slow to start.

To RocketFoot, Detector, Whitesoc, C9ZX, Ole Pony, Nance and 71_Bad:

Thank you very much!

- David

Last edited by a moderator:
VaMach1: That is great - thank you. Yours is absolutely beautiful. You are right, they are twins, but you easily get the nod for better condition. The black on my hood does not finish where it's supposed to. Not sure why. One of my short-term items to work on.

very slow to start.

I cannot take credit for the 73 Mach1 - it belongs to a buddy of mine.

The mustang looks to be in decent shape. Excited to see what you do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back