Introduction

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Higgins56

Reaction score
My Car
1971 Mach 1 Fastback now with 503 CID 4 bolt block with AFR Bullit heads , Edelbrock Performer RPM AirGap intake and ProSystems carburettor 1050.
4 sp Toploader with 9" Wavetrac rear.
Caltracs and shocks at the rear.
HI Guys,

I am a new member far in the North of Europe - in Finland. There are ab. 30 Mach 1:s here - I was told....

I have been hobbying cars and especially British classics since 1990.

However now something different - for me at least - a true American car classic - the Mustang.

The car is 1971 Fastback and I bought it here in Finland as it is now - dismantled but with motor and running gear installed. Body is totally restored to high standard - one could say a real ground up restoration. Bad thing is that I have not dismantled the car by myself so I may need some advice from you who have done it already.

I have recognized that for ex. the left hand quarter panel and the panels behind the quarter panels , some vacuum components for the AC/ heater are missing... just to name a few items...

The motor and gearbox have been changed to a 429/4sp toploader combination from 302/ 3sp maual. This was done in the US in the mid 90's by the prevous owner and the car came to Finland late 90's.

I am waiting for an interesting journey with this car project - I hope not too challenging especially regarding the availability of some parts...

It is great that there is a website like this specialized to the real Muscle car final era of the classic car industry! I think this helps us a lot to get easily to the Mach 1 related topics as the Mustang series 1 is so huge scene to find Mach 1 related things there.

::welcome:: from Norway:)

Im sure you will like it here, great forum.

I think you will find great advice on this site...enjoy::thumb::

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums! We are glad to have you aboard! Can't wait to see some photos!

::welcome::

WELCOME aboard!

As a couple of others have said and/or inferred, I am sure you will find ALL the assistance you want from the Members on this Site. We have a lot of folks with a GREAT deal of experience in every aspect of our hobby,

I look forward to interacting with you on the individual Forums so please look around and post up any questions you may have on the appropriate Forum. I would also encourage you to "jump right in" on any subject that interest you.

Again, Welcome!

BT

Welcome! Seems like our international presence is growing. We're here to help in answering questions so ask away.

Be sure to pin your area of the world on our member map located under the fun stuff link at the top of the page.

Welcome from Northern California! Great to have you along for the ride. Post some pics soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back