THIS IS THE WAY TO FIX RUST ONCE & FOR ALL !

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code Mach 4spd
2004 350z
2005 Corvette
1971 Camaro SS/RS
Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the video and looks like a pretty impressive and automated process. The convertible looked like an old Jag or possibly an Austin Healy. Wonder what the cost is!

I considered this option when stripping my car down. A contact I have here has contacts at the Nissan plant in Jackson, MS who have allowed him to run cars through their ecoat bath. He has the cars acid dipped for the rust removal, replaces the body panels and applies a water soluable sealer to ship the car to Jackson and then runs it through the ecoat bath. A couple guys I spoke with did not recommend the acid dipping process as it settles in some of the metal lap joints and can work its way out through the paint in years to come. I feel I madethe right decision based on all of the facts I could gather. It is a cool process though.

I considered this option when stripping my car down. A contact I have here has contacts at the Nissan plant in Jackson, MS who have allowed him to run cars through their ecoat bath. He has the cars acid dipped for the rust removal, replaces the body panels and applies a water soluable sealer to ship the car to Jackson and then runs it through the ecoat bath. A couple guys I spoke with did not recommend the acid dipping process as it settles in some of the metal lap joints and can work its way out through the paint in years to come. I feel I madethe right decision based on all of the facts I could gather. It is a cool process though.
B..given the fact that I've yet to see any facility (besides oem) here that is set up like these guys are Yes I would say you made the right decision..Unfortunately you missed an opportunity to apply rust bullet when all the hidden areas where opened up..Unless the guy's who did the structural work did it. I feel very confident that what I did on my car is the next best thing...Media blasted..then all the internal cavities even inside the rockers are rust bulleted..I'm going to take it even one step further & when the car is done..Hit all the internals again with a fogging gun & cavity wax..Over kill yes..Peace of mind PRICELESS..I would have no problem letting that co do their process on my car..The issue with acid leaking out of seams comes from stripping shops that performed substandard work

http://www.surfaceprocessing.co.uk/technical-process.html

Back