RE: Japanese decals

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozmach1

Reaction score
My Car
1972 Q code mach1. c6 auto, dark green metallic/ green interior, Japanese export model.
still couldn't upload pics here so have posted them on gallery under 72 mustang just above where I posted pics of my car the other day. Thanks everyone for the advice on uploading to forum but I just couldn't get it to work after several tries.

Hey Ozmach1, Did you try using the tinypic to post your pics?

Hey Ozmach1, Did you try using the tinypic to post your pics?
I tried that but still no luck.

Hi Ozmach1

I've linked your pics so they show up in this thread - hope that's ok.

1110_06_01_12_3_53_26.jpeg

1110_06_01_12_3_55_01.jpeg

1110_06_01_12_3_56_52.jpeg

1110_06_01_12_4_00_05.jpeg

Good Job Brett! Ozmach1, that's some interesting history you have there.

Hi Ozmach1

I've linked your pics so they show up in this thread - hope that's ok.

1110_06_01_12_3_53_26.jpeg

1110_06_01_12_3_55_01.jpeg

1110_06_01_12_3_56_52.jpeg

1110_06_01_12_4_00_05.jpeg
Cheers, thanks for that,

Paul

I have the owners manual & the how to use features fold out & they're both in English. I wish a previous owner hadn't repainted the engine bay & motor as I bet there would have been a few Jap decals there as well.

Hi OZ Mach1

glad to see another Mach1 in OZ

where abouts are you

Im in Brisbane

John

That is cool!! My freinds sister goes to japan alot and very fluent in reading and writing japanese...She is a exchaged student...Im sure next time i see her i could have her translate if...If you havent allready ;)..See what they say is diffrent would be neat.

Btw Oz...I had the same issue with loading the pics!! Come to realise the pics where big and high quality..most a full meg and half.....I changed there bit size in paint shop pro to make sure they was under 600kb per pic...and they loaded just fine after that...lol

to answer the question about the manuals, geman and french were available for a fact.

abudi

That is cool!! My freinds sister goes to japan alot and very fluent in reading and writing japanese...She is a exchaged student...Im sure next time i see her i could have her translate if...If you havent allready ;)..See what they say is diffrent would be neat.

Btw Oz...I had the same issue with loading the pics!! Come to realise the pics where big and high quality..most a full meg and half.....I changed there bit size in paint shop pro to make sure they was under 600kb per pic...and they loaded just fine after that...lol
Would love to have the sticker translated as I don't know anyone who speaks Japanase.

Hi OZ Mach1

glad to see another Mach1 in OZ

where abouts are you

Im in Brisbane

John
Hi John,

sorry for not replying sooner but I've had a computer meltdown & have only just got back on line. I'm in Toowoomba. You were'nt at the big swap meet up here last Friday by chance. I had my car on display there. There are 2 other q code mach 1's up here as well, both in tidy condition. I also have a brother up here who owns a genuine 66 Shelby GT 350 Hertz car. Quite a few American imports up here.

Just to add to this thread on Japanese 71-73's, Jalopnik just posted a 2.5 minute video of an Australian bloke who discovered some US muscle rotting away in a vacant lot in Japan - including three 71-73's :(

http://jalopnik.com/5880153/pay-your-respects-at-japans-random-muscle+car-graveyard

What a cool video of the rusting muscle cars, would love to check out those stangs up close to see if they were genuine export cars. It might have taken us a step closer to solving the mystery of the Jap exports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back