RESTORATION PARTS

7173Mustangs.com

Help Support 7173Mustangs.com:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stangmach1

Reaction score
My Car
71 mach1
HEADS UP! TO ALL YOU GUYS ORDERING PARTS!

I HAD ORDERED ABOUT $1600.00 WORTH OF PARTS FROM CJ PONY...FOUND OUT YESTERDAY THAT IT WILL TAKE TILL JANUARY 29TH (EST DEL) FOR MY COMPLETE ORDER TO SHIP!!! NOTHING ON THE WEBPAGE WITH STATES "OUT OF STOCK" OR "BACKORDERED" WHEN I MADE THE ORDER.. ""I AM SURE THEY ARE A GOOD COMPANY"" HOWEVER IT WOULD BE NICE FOR THEM TO AT LEAST WARN YOU OF THE LENGTHY DURATION OF TIME (ON THEIR WEBPAGE) YOU MAY HAVE TO WAIT TO RECEIVE YOUR PARTS.....LIKE I SAID I AM A NEWB TO THIS SO JUST A HEADS UP TO OTHERS!!!

FORGOT TO ADD THAT I ORDERED THESE PARTS BEFORE CHRISTMAS!!!

***JUST AN UPDATE*** I GOT A SHIPMENT OF PARTS TODAY (1/20). I HAVE NOT GONE THROUGHT THE ENTIRE SHIPMENT BUT THE BILL OF LADING STATES ALL PARTS HAVE BEEN SHIPPED EXCEPT FOR 4 WHICH STATED BACKORDERED. THE QUALITY OF THE PARTS SEEM GOOD, NO COMPLAINTS ON QUALITY AND THE PRICE WAS RIGHT....JUST A LITTLE LONG OF A WAIT!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hard to report bad news when the people being reported on are members here, but I've had some issues with no-notice back-orders from them as well. (In fact, I'm still waiting on my battery tray and RH trunk drop-off from them - ordered before Christmas as well)

They did in fact drop me a note saying part of my order was back-ordered, and said they expected to ship within 7-10 days. That was a few weeks ago, and I'm still waiting as well. I dropped an e-mail explaining that I needed the parts fairly soon so I could get moving on my trunk rehab, and they could offer no ETA and just asked if I wanted to cancel the order. Ummm - no, don't cancel the order, just get me the parts ASAP.

I wound up ordering them from OMS and had what I needed a few days later. I still want the things from CJ, because sheet metal is sheet metal - I'll use the 'extra' trunk drop-off to make a patch for something, I'm sure.

I can understand that they might have issues getting some parts on back-order since they are basically a reseller for some or most things, but it would be nice if they had some kind of real-time inventory indicators on the website - kinda like what OMS does: if they don't have it in stock, you just can't order it. While that in itself can be a little frustrating when putting together a list of parts (in having to go through multiple vendors to get everything), it's better to know beforehand if you can even get the things you're asking for from your vendor of choice.

This is not to be mistaken for a complaint of bad service or poor customer service in any way, shape, or form either. Any time I've inquired with the folks at CJ Pony Parts, they've been nothing but helpful, courteous, and friendly. Their selection of things they can get you is top-notch as well. It's just their order fulfillment process that seems to need some improvement.

Welcome to Mustang restoration! Over the last 10 years I've ordered parts from probably a dozen different places and have had the same problem. Your best bet is to call and talk to a live person rather than just ordering online. They can confirm timing for you, so you aren't in the dark. Most of these places do not have realtime online inventories and some stuff even gets drop shipped direct from the manufacturer (like carpet, door panels, etc..).

What I do like about CJ is the free shipping, which when ordering small stuff can be a huge savings.

I have said many times on here only one distributor has done exactly what he has said and delivered everytime and that Don at Ohio MUstang. If its not in stock you cant order it. I know he prob looses some business over that but has gained mine just for the problems stated above. I am not going to get it I want to know.

I have said many times on here only one distributor has done exactly what he has said and delivered everytime and that Don at Ohio MUstang. If its not in stock you cant order it. I know he prob looses some business over that but has gained mine just for the problems stated above. I am not going to get it I want to know.
HEAR - HERE!

Setting an expectation and letting the customer down is bad for business. I'd rather know before I order.

My recent order from cj pony parts was on back order and i wasnt notified till i emailed them a few days after the parts were already suppose to be here. The parts showed up but almost 2 weeks after i thought they would be here. Just frustrating. would be nice to know if something is out of stock up front.

Kevin

I have had good luck with Ohio Mustang and very hard to find parts. If you are ordering in Canada, the Mustang Shop in Calgary is a great spot.

X10 for OMS and since I live fairly close, I usually wait till I need several things and then go pick up. and TN is right He once told me he loses buis because he shows it as out of stock. But as said cant beat the truth. I hate when someone takes my money and says OH we dont have it.

Let me tell you about Don of OMS. As stated before, ALWAYS delivers what he says he will.

Even though I would rather buy from Don, he has sometimes advised me to buy from another

vendor if it is the same product and less expensive than he offers. As an example, he sells the

same trunk floor as NPD but the shipping cost would be much higher. He told me to buy it

from NPD. My engine recently developed a cracked block. While I was looking for advice on

what to do next, Don contacted me on this forum saying he may have something I could use.

What he had was a freshly rebuilt 351C 4V quench head long block never fired with a cam.

Not to mention this engine has matching casting numbers that match my chassis.

Long story short, if Don says he has something you can use, Buy It.

mike

Still waiting for my rear springs from CJ two weeks now....

As am I - still waiting for my battery tray and trunk drop-off ordered a few weeks before Christmas.

I tell ya - even though CJ has a 'Sheet Metal Sale' going on, I ordered through OMS. Because of the oversized quality of the full quarter panels, they have to be shipped via truck freight - which wound up costing almost $60 more than the price of the two panels.

Going through Don, the item price was a little more than the CJPP special price, but shipping was cheaper... and I know for sure that Don's working on getting it shipped, rather than wondering if it's on back order or not. Having that peace of mind is worth the extra $30 in my opinion.

Right now with all the drama going on in the shop where I'm working on my project, I need my stuff to actually get here when I order it... and if that means paying a little more, so be it.

Going through Don, the item price was a little more than the CJPP special price, but shipping was cheaper... and I know for sure that Don's working on getting it shipped, rather than wondering if it's on back order or not. Having that peace of mind is worth the extra $30 in my opinion.

Right now with all the drama going on in the shop where I'm working on my project, I need my stuff to actually get here when I order it... and if that means paying a little more, so be it.
Speaking of shipping cost, when Don was pricing the shipping for my rebuilt Cleveland long block he recommended I try www.freightquote.com. Don's shipper estimated $700 in shipping costs. FreightQuote prices ranged from $320 to $1100. I took the $320 :p That was to ship a 650 lb. crate 2500 miles with "special" needs on both ends. Worked perfectly. The driver on my end even had to put the crate on a pallet jack and drag it uphill the last couple hundred yards because his truck would not clear the power lines. I ordered door to door service with phone notification on both ends.

mike

Back